Posted October 11, 2014
I have two sons that attend Stowers Elementary and a 4 yr old daughter that will in the future. I couldn't be happier with the teachers and the school as a whole. Every teacher my boys have had has been willing to go the extra mile for conferences, additional explanation of course work and just about anything we have needed. For anyone looking for an excellent public school I would highly recommend Stowers. This area has grown greatly but I do not feel my children's education has suffered. To anyone complaining about not enough of this or that then perhaps private schools are better for you. Public schools are always limited in some fashion, but Stowers ranks the best for us!

Posted October 11, 2014
Excellent school. We had a great experience here with both principal and teachers. Several of the best teachers our kids have had were and are at this school.

Stowers Elementary School 3

Posted July 14, 2014
I found this school to be okay academically, but lacking in extracurricular activities and enrichment experiences. I think that the children would benefit from a more well-rounded education.

Posted June 23, 2014
I couldn't disagree more with the negative comments about Stowers Elem. as it is an outstanding school. I'd like to ask those who posted negative comments what other recourses they took (talking directly with teachers, guidance, or administration OR volunteering at the school as a means to actually see better and more clearly what everyone involved with the school's daily success actually accomplishes) FIRST. IF the nay-sayers did ALL of the above with a sense of open-mindedness and a desire to actually problem-solve and you're still unhappy, OK. Yet, I have serious doubts. Stowers goes above and beyond on a daily basis- so many opportunities to love learning are provided to students. And, the 'fun' stuff is there if you look closely. Examples include Vocab Parade, Mother's Day Tea, Fairy Tale Bowl, Grandparents' Breakfasts, the 4th/5th Grade Talent Show, community forums for the chorus to perform, Author Trees, RP Goal Celebrations, Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances, amazing field trips, art shows, Field Day events, etc. There's always something going on. Before you speak out AGAINST a school, please make every effort to do all you can FOR it first.

Posted August 02, 2013
Stowers is a wonderful school. The negative comments on this website are ridiculous. I have 3 children in this school and have had absolutely no problem communicating with the teachers. All the teachers and staff care about the children. The comment about the AGP testing is common to Hillsborough County Schools not just Stowers. I could not be happier about the education my children have received and are receiving at Stowers.

Stowers Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
Stowers is a very good school. It is not perfect, as no schools are but the principal and assistant principal are committed to giving the students a quality environment with excellent teaching. I love that Stowers has a warm feel and has more of a varied population that reflects the real world. After all, the world is made up of all types of people from all ethnicities and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons I prefer to send my daughter to this school over the other elementary schools in Fishhawk. My child is in the AGP program and I can not say ENOUGH about how fabulous the teacher of this program is. For others that have been disappointed, I can not speak, but my daughter is doing quite well there. She has been there for 3 years and is passing all the rigorous tests with flying colors. Also, as for students not getting tested in a timely fashion for gifted programs, I encourage the parent who wants the process to go faster to seek private evaluation. It is a PUBLIC school for goodness sake. The staff must seek to educate all children there, which means school psychologists are testing a great many children for various reasons, not just gifted. LOVE STOWERS!

Stowers Elementary School 1

Posted April 22, 2013
We have been at Stowers for a couple of years and the teachers and staff are not professional. They fail to return calls in a timely manner and do not work around the parent's schedule. Children with specific needs are not encourage to meet standards and teachers do not work with families to address these needs! This is our last year!!

Posted March 25, 2013
We are a military family whose children have attended schools in three states. We love the small, "hometown" feel of Stowers. The teachers are truly invested in their students' success and the parents of the community are very involved. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school!!

Posted February 20, 2013
My daughter was in one of the 1st and 2nd grade combination classes. I was very impressed with the way the group of teachers was able to meet her individual needs so well. I wasn't sure what it was going to be like in the beginning because it wasn't something I had heard of before. There was a parent night explaining why they group the students, to allow each child to work at their level and be challenged. Since I still wasn't quite sure of the set-up, I requested a conference to discuss my reservations. They set up a conference for later that week. They explained how they group the students based on individual needs in regular subjects (math, reading, writing), but have all ability levels working together in science. They did really cool project together where groups researched their own questions and presented what they learned to the whole group. My daughter learned so much! She was very excited about learning. She really broke out of her shell and became more confidant. I am so glad that she just happened to be in that combination class. Although it really was 3 classes with 3 teachers. They really were all like a family. I don't know how those teachers did it!

Stowers Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
When you move around from state to state you experience difference different school systems. So far this move is number 3 with kids in school and thus far this is the worst school we have been at. There is a lack of concern for the above average students, leaving the above average students bored. A bored student is never a good thing! Academically speaking, they are behind the school we were last at in a different state! So frustrating. Also, the same classes are not on the same page. Meaning, one group of 2nd graders are not doing the same things as another group of 2nd graders. There is no congruency with classes. 1st grade should not be in with 2nd graders... unless it is know that the 1st grader and the 2nd grader are on the same level. But this is not the case. 1st and 2nd graders are put in the same class randomly... not good! All this and more has brought us to the decision that Hillsborough County Schools are not educating our children to the standards that we are used to. We are pulling our kids in a few weeks and we are HOMESCHOOLING them!

Stowers Elementary School
13915 Barrington Stowers Dr, Lithia, FL  33547
Last modified Stowers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stowers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top