Posted February 19, 2014
This school is top notch! The administration is amazing. Mrs. Cochrane takes the time to know each and every student attending Bevis. I was amazed when she welcomed my child, by name, on the first day of school !

Posted February 19, 2014
This is an amazing school! The teachers expect that all students can and will achieve in their classroom and tend to the needs of each student. Mrs. Cochrane and Mrs. Thoms are amazing administrators. Keep up the good work Bevis!

Bevis Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2013
More Bevis cool aid please. Who is keeps posting that this school is "outstanding" and the kids are "ahead" and we're all for "lucky" to send our kids here? This was not my experience at all. Like others have mentioned I choose this neighborhood for this school's reputation. I have been very disappointed. Children are passive learners forced to wear uniforms, sit in assigned seats at lunch and they don't have recess everyday. Homework is correlated with higher standardized test scores (but not actual performance) so there is plently assigned. You know what your child has for homework based on the day of the week. Zero creativity. This is the least child centered elementary school I have even seen. Your child will dread school by third grade. Bevis does not care about best practices, only data. When I finally sent my oldest to a different elementary school she was behind in math. But she scored fine on the FCAT so that's all that matters, right? If your child is average they do not want you to attend this school. They want you to choice somewhere else. Ask a question and you will be labeled a troublemaker. So drink that cool aid, conform and go take another AR test.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is outstanding. The fortunate children who attend school there are a step ahead of other students. The teachers and administrators provide a loving and nurturing environment. Most of the faculty members go above and beyond what is required of them. My three children have never had an unhappy day there.

Bevis Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
i am a 7th grader, who now goes to Orange Grove Middle Magnet school. Bevis was the worst school i have ever stepped foot in! They don't teach for the sake of the kids, but for the FCAT! I have serious Athsma, so i missed school. I was made to feel guilty and awful about it. teachers htere show favoritism, and the PTA women were just like a bunch of high school girls! Gossiping and talking about other parents who don't drive fancy cars. Please stay away from this "blue ribon school"

Posted July 22, 2013
Awesome - incredible staff who are passionate about teaching and genuinely care for their students. Academically this school is rigorous and prepares students for middle school so that when they arrive they are WAY ahead of their peers! Just a fabulous school.

Posted July 09, 2013
When kids exit this school in 5th grade they are light years ahead of those in surrounding schools. The principal is outstanding, knows the kids by name and is involved. It is an A rated school because they teach the kids. We moved to Fishhawk b/c of the school and it was an EXCELLENT decision. Every school has its negatives and people want to point this out when they don't get their way, but it is hard to argue being a top ranked school. PE, Art, etc is a STATE issue not the school. Just b/c your child can't handle the school, doesn't make this school inferior. Home school them, they can be class Valedictorian of 1.

Posted September 06, 2012
Fabulous school, outstanding administration, dedicated teachers and staff!!!! Bevis is a wonderful school where children s individual needs are always taken into account every day. The principal knows every student by name and always goes out of her way to talk to and get to know students and their families. She is without a doubt one of the most caring and supportive school leaders a school could have. Bevis is so successful on the FCAT because they focus on providing good quality instruction for students. I have had children at Bevis for eight years and with my oldest now in middle school I can t express how grateful I am for the education they received at Bevis. My oldest was a struggling reader in the 1st grade and with the supports and education she received throughout her years at Bevis she is thriving academically and made straight A s throughout her entire 6th grade year! I moved to Fishhawk 9 years ago so that my children could attend Bevis Elementary it was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Bevis Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2012
This school is so overated! The principal in condescending and rude unless you have money, social status or on her Board in some capacity. It's amazing to me just how many people are fooled by this school. To put it bluntly, everything is not as good as it seems. Be Careful before you reassign your child here or attend here coming in from another state. They are FCAT driven and that's all that matters to them. I wouldn't even give them a one star if I didn't have to.

Posted August 16, 2012
What a fantastic school! The administration and teachers do an excellent job supporting, challenging and motivating ALL students. Administration is very involved, responsive to parents and does an excellent job communicating with all families. We've moved here 6 years ago with our 3 children, our oldest child (who has a learning disability) was behind academically and struggling. The support and resources he received from the teachers and counselor at Bevis was outstanding! He has gone on to have a successful and positive middle school experience. Bevis has given all 3 of our children a strong foundation and has prepared them to be successful. We have been fortunate to attend Bevis!

Bevis Elementary School
5720 Osprey Ridge Drive, Lithia, FL  33547
Last modified Bevis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bevis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top