669 students|Suwannee

Bad
Good

suwannee intermediate school is a very good school. thats why we moved back to live oak so my kids can go back to school over here.

I am a student in this school and I personally don't like it. It sure needs improvement. Yeah its fun... with some activities with some great ideas, but I don't see the control. I noticed some fights, kids getting hurt and them getting blamed for it. It doesn't make me to happy being there. But, I have to say the teachers are great! I loved my fourth grade teacher, Ms.Harrell! I was so sad leaving her.

I think the school needs to have teachers that take continuing education in the area of ESE children. There is a lack of understanding for the children that are ADHD or ADD and that needs to be addresses. There needs to be more programs available for these children..Also there seems to be a lack of supervision with the children as bullying continues.

The schools in this district have went even further down hill since the new school opened in this area. If the state doesn't step up and do something these kids are going to have no education at all. We hire the worst teachers and then punish the children when they are not where they are supposed to be. This school district needs alot of help!!

I have mixed feelings about Suwannee Elementary School. When attending advisory committee meetings, I see that there is a strong desire to raise performance at the schools. On a day to day basis, I find that Suwannee Elementary can be responsive to parent requests, but only if requests are made around certain members of administration. The leadership in this school often displays an extreme lack of judgement. The principal's lack of support for teachers in the area of discipline is stunning. Often children are sent to the office for disciplinary issues and come back to the classroom with treats. I think that the principal is trying to show empathy toward poor children, but rewarding bad behavior in the process. For a new school, the low morale amongst teachers is unfortunate. On the bright side, there are some very talented and experienced teachers in this school.

I think that the split is a good idea if they use it wisely. The principal at the new school is to strict. There needs to be changes in this school. The teachers need to be appreciated more as they are the ones that are teaching our children. I do think that I was lucky enough to receive a wonderful teacher this year and I am thankful. This is the third year I have been extremely happy with my child teacher.

Last modified Suwannee Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.