Longwood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,229

Milwee Middle School 2

Posted October 14, 2014
The teacher and staff are great, and the curriculum is something to die for...when it's done right. I have many classes which I immensely enjoy, gaining pleasure and knowledge from each lesson I learn, but there are classes that lack in this. Greatly, might I add. This isn't the teacher's fault, but mostly the students. Let me just say, many of them are plain rude, disrespectful, pompous, and they do nothing but laugh and mock the teacher whenever s/he tries to ask them to stop. Some teachers are able to bring the noise level down, but if a student is unfortunate enough to have an overly kind teacher, well, they're aren't going to learn very much from that class. Not only that, but bullying is quite evident here. There many students who cuss one another out, laugh at a kid who's a bit different, or basically talk about one another behind their back. I even hear kids repeatedly call some girls ugly behind their back, or do horrid crimes such as disparage another classmate who's nationality is different from theirs. Some even proclaim that they smoke weed, and expect to be highly praise for it. Overall, taking a shy kid to this school is like giving him a ticket to hell.

Milwee Middle School 5

Posted March 17, 2014
As I do understand, many people that will read a review from a child probably will not take it into consideration, but, I have the best first hand evidence than any parent or visitor could have. I am in 6th grade, enrolled in the pre-IB program, and wouldn't leave this school for anything. I am absolutely astounded by the quality of the school including fellow students and teachers. However, I would have to say that I do not recommend the standard program. Most of the school is focused on the pre-IB students. So if enrolled in the standard program, your child will learn, but not blossom as much as other schools. However, if your child is qualified for the pre-IB program than I more than welcome you to attend Milwee. Seeing my older brother transfer from Teaugue middle school to high school was a sad thing. He was qualified to attend the Pre-IB program at milwee, but decided upon Teague. He was not as prepared as would have been, but managed to somewhat succeed his first year as a freshmen. Milwee is a wonderful school that does dozens of classes and projects that could never be attended by any other school. Going to school is very fun, especially with the amazing teachers.

Posted November 07, 2013
My child has attended for 2 years now, and we've had no issues at all. The PTA is lacking a bit but the IB program my child is in is wonderful.

Posted October 09, 2013
i hate this school and wish i could take my son out..so much bullying and bad language... teachers seem to not care... if i could giive 0 stars.. i would

Posted June 17, 2013
Yes, there are fights. Yes there is a "ghetto" mentality, gangs, drugs and even sex in middle school. So why am I giving this school 4 stars? Because the Pre-IB program is pretty amazing. The teachers were among the best my child has ever had. The counselors care, too. The problems academically here are all common throughout the county -- not enough funding and too many "sunshine state" rules. The teachers, however, were amazing.

Posted May 25, 2013
I see after thirty plus years this school hasn't changed on we bit. Why hasn't the state come in and improved the school? This is 2013 not 1970

Posted January 27, 2013
Education: Bad, other schools are much more ahead. Bullying/Fights; A lot of fights and don't be surprised if you get bullied here Teachers: most are nice but some don't do their job well Electives: Ok. its fun to have band to get your mind off of schoolwork

Posted January 10, 2011
unfriendly, bullying, loud screaming children on buses, rude students, and many bystanders that do nothing

Milwee Middle School 5

Posted November 22, 2010
I attend Milwee. I know you may be thinking that I am a child and I don't know anything, but, unlike any parent, I have more first-hand experience. I believe the standard program is a terrible learning environment, so if your kids aren't the brightest, they won't blossom. As for the pre-ib program, it's amazing! They have the best teachers money could buy! These classes challenge you and make you grow. Most everyone is positive and willing to help you out. As for the person below me, I doubt they even know what they are talking about. We barely have any fights, and the ones that do happen are taken care of by the wonderful deans. I don't think the principal is qualified though. She comes from a rich school with many assets. Milwee is a poorer school and she throws around money like its nothing. Did she really have to paint the lamp posts?... I think this school needs work, but it's a pretty good experience.

Posted October 21, 2010
I am not sure what the prior person experienced who stated they only cater to GIfted, I don't see that , My chiild Struggled with the Language arts , he was in Millwee for 6th grade and is now in Milwee for 7th grade. I stay in communication with the teachers and they correspond with me also we work as a team. My daughter was struggling in 5th grade and had a very hard time barely making C's, she is now attending Milwee in the 6th grade and she is flourishing, she is practicaly a straight A student. They are very strict against any violence wether in self defense or not they want the children to find non physical ways to resolve conflicts and while parents maynot agree, in todays society I dont think educators/parents can give a thumbs up to any violence kids dont use just fists anymore.

Milwee Middle School
1341 South Ronald Reagan Boulevard, Longwood, FL  32750
Last modified Milwee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top