1,296 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

Unfortunately, it's the kids in the engineering/design program who get this, not those in standard or low level classes.

Milwee has an excellent engineering and design program which is a pre international bachelauriat program. It is considered a gifted program, but any student can apply. The courses are rigorous and the teachers are amazing! It's very challenging and fun for students who are able to rise to the challenge. The environment for students not in this program is tough. These students are rough and do fight.

My daughter had A/B honor roll all through her 6th grade year with a 3.7 gpa. The first quarter she was awarded a certificate A/B honor roll after that nothing. At the end of the year I was hoping she got some type of recognition for her hard work but apparently their award ceremony was by invite only. Which I called the school spoke the a vice principal who told me that students don't get invited to the award ceremony just because they had A/B honor roll all through the year that the teachers select 2 students out of each class and that they have over 13 hundred students that they could not hand out awards to all of them. Are you kidding me why cant all the students be recognized for their effort and hard work? Why do they have to be chosen. Extremely disappointed in this school while I did reward my daughter and am proud of her I would have hoped the school would as well.

This School is amazing. I don't want to leave it next year! Great kids and teachers.

The teacher and staff are great, and the curriculum is something to die for...when it's done right. I have many classes which I immensely enjoy, gaining pleasure and knowledge from each lesson I learn, but there are classes that lack in this. Greatly, might I add. This isn't the teacher's fault, but mostly the students. Let me just say, many of them are plain rude, disrespectful, pompous, and they do nothing but laugh and mock the teacher whenever s/he tries to ask them to stop. Some teachers are able to bring the noise level down, but if a student is unfortunate enough to have an overly kind teacher, well, they're aren't going to learn very much from that class. Not only that, but bullying is quite evident here. There many students who cuss one another out, laugh at a kid who's a bit different, or basically talk about one another behind their back. I even hear kids repeatedly call some girls ugly behind their back, or do horrid crimes such as disparage another classmate who's nationality is different from theirs. Some even proclaim that they smoke weed, and expect to be highly praise for it. Overall, taking a shy kid to this school is like giving him a ticket to hell.

My child has attended for 2 years now, and we've had no issues at all. The PTA is lacking a bit but the IB program my child is in is wonderful.

i hate this school and wish i could take my son out..so much bullying and bad language... teachers seem to not care... if i could giive 0 stars.. i would

Milwee is a horrible school. Bullying is a HUGE problem there. I prefer a better school.

Yes, there are fights. Yes there is a "ghetto" mentality, gangs, drugs and even sex in middle school. So why am I giving this school 4 stars? Because the Pre-IB program is pretty amazing. The teachers were among the best my child has ever had. The counselors care, too. The problems academically here are all common throughout the county -- not enough funding and too many "sunshine state" rules. The teachers, however, were amazing.

I see after thirty plus years this school hasn't changed on we bit. Why hasn't the state come in and improved the school? This is 2013 not 1970

Last modified Milwee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.