PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Sweetwater tries to grow kind people through the recognition of kind acts in the "Kind Zone".

Sweetwater has been home for our family for more than 8 years. Both of our children began in kindergarten and have continued all the way through. Not only have our children formed life long friendships, but also we have found an extended family in this sweet, small community. The teachers are the heart of this school and their love for teaching shows up everyday. We have always experienced an “open door policy” with the teachers in the event we need to communicate or schedule a meeting. The curriculum is challenging, but also fun for the children. The “hands on” teaching seems to reach into the minds of all types of learners. We love to attend chapel every week with the children, as it is a great way to stay connected. The extended opportunities for learning and fellowship also make Sweetwater unique. The field trips are exciting and exceed expectations at every grade level. We love the performing arts program that allows all the children to have an opportunity to participate in both Christmas and spring programs every year. The Parents Club and community events are like the icing on the cake, giving the families a real sense of belonging.

My children have been at Sweetwater Episcopal Academy for 6 years and they love going school. Not only do they love school, they have succeeded in so many ways. The curriculum is both challenging and exciting and a year ahead of other schools. The teachers are engaging and nurturing. Over the years, I've been pleasantly surprised to see my children motivated and excited about their assignments. Learning is an adventure for them. At Sweetwater Episcopal Academy, each Wednesday morning, all the students of the school meet at the chapel for service and to discuss the events of the week. During the service, Sweetwater Episcopal Academy acknowledges students for their contributions to the community and kindness to their fellow classmates. Those Students come to the front of the chapel and the story of their kind actions is announced by the head of school, as fellow students cheer them on. Parents are welcome to participate in all chapel services. Sweetwater Episcopal Academy invites prospective parents to chapel service in a program called "Welcome Wednesdays." I encourage you to drop by at 8:30 on Wednesday and see for yourself.

We love Sweetwater, it's an extended family for my daughter. We moved from another Private school in the area and SEA reminded me of how schools were when I was growing up- teaching in all ways to help the children really understand the concept. If private school is an option for your family this is the place to be. I am so thankful we found this school and look forward to many more years and another child!

My wife and I toured several private Christian schools prior to making our decision. We actually had a life long loyalty to another similar school in town which we both went to. Unfortunately, when comparing the staff, curriculum and general "warm and fuzzy's" one gets of SEA versus the other schools, we found there to be ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON. We are SO happy to be a part of SEA. We have a great relationship with our son's teacher and the staff has always been very warm and welcoming. In addition, we have truly enjoyed meeting other families and have been pleasantly surprised at how down to earth, conversational and engaging they are. HANDS DOWN THE BEST SCHOOL!

SEA has been an amazing learning environment for my son. The teachers and curriculum are second to none. I love the faith based learning that takes place in the "Kind Zone." I wouldn't want him to be anywhere else!

SEA is a wonderful school! The teachers and faculty truly love their jobs and our children! We LOVE the KIND Zone, weekly Manners Matter, chapel, Rainbow Awards, Chef Jessica & her healthy,yummy lunches, active PE program, excellent music & theater program, recess every day and all of the enrichment programs offered after school along with, most importantly, advanced academics. The list can go on. Coming from a public school, we can truly appreciate all that SEA has to offer. It's nice to be back in the loop of my child's education and know that when I send my child to school they are safe, happy and in good hands while receiving a first class education.

When you first walk onto the campus at SEA, it feels like home and it doesn t stop there. The campus, teachers and staff are welcoming and warm. The education is advanced and SEA has a philosophy in teaching a child by doing, not just reading about it. A clear example of this is watching the Kindergarten class paint, while lying on their backs as they learned about Michelangelo and the Renaissance period. It is a very well rounded curriculum, advanced science, math and English. But they also reinforce good character with their outreach programs and the Kind Zone. They also have music, theater and physical education (including a mini-triathlon) which is removed from a lot of school. They also have a ton of after school enrichments that are children have flourished in. The teachers are advanced and have the right balance of being strict but nurturing. In the formative years of our children s life, we could not ask for a better school.

My husband and I struggled with the decision of where we would send our children to elementary school since before we had children. Both having received, as we believe it, an outstanding education growing up we knew its importance. Once we were introduced to SEA, there was no choice in my mind to where we would send our children. Since that day, I have never looked back. We are so happy with our decision! Sweetwater is not just the teachers or the buildings but the loving atmosphere felt from all the administrators, students and families. It is just a feeling you get as you enter the campus. I know our son loves school. I know he has grown on an academic level that has reached my very high expectations. But most of all, I know he has gained very important life skills in character development and core values. Sweetwater Episcopal Academy has what it takes to produce well rounded individuals who have the values we want our children to posses in in today's difficult world. Our son has benefited form the caring instruction from Mrs. Parker and has grown through all the extracurricular activities. We truly love the KIND ZONE and all it embodies!

Sweetwater Episcopal Academy has been a truly great experience for us. Public school was just not offering what my son needed - he was bored and frustrated, even in the gifted classroom. At SEA, he is academically challenged with in depth experiential learning that includes long projects, science experiments, and a stellar PE program that includes canoeing and swimming. The science, social studies and math curricula are excellent. He is offered a uniquely well balanced education with a variety of experiences, electives and after school enrichment that can't be beat. And to make it all the more special for him, the teachers and administrators go out of their way to ensure a true community feeling where how you treat someone else is just as important as how smart or talented you are. We honestly couldn't be happier and feel so grateful to have made the choice to enroll our son in SEA as we have watched him blossom and become a confident young man who is consistently challenged to be both a better student and a better person. SEA is worth every penny.

Last modified Sweetwater Episcopal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6