587 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

The teachers are very kind and patient. My daughter has made an easy transition to this school as a new student.

My grandson has been going to Loxahatchee Groves since he started kindergarten. In 2nd grade, we moved away for a year and my grandson did not adjust well in the new school. In addition to that he is a very busy, bright boy, need I say more. I returned to Loxahatchee Groves. And, I am so happy I did! My grandson got the two most caring and innovative teachers ever. They kept me abreast of everything, answered my emails, met my tireless demands and most of all loved my grandson. It took us awhile,but, WE got him back on track. Nick, got a 3 on the reading FCAT and nearly a 5 on math. The teachers worked extremely hard to get Nick caught up academically. Mr. Myerson and Mr. McCallum work extremely hard in making sure that our children are safe and that everyone receives a great education. Both Administrators were attentive to my grandson's needs and communicated with me if I had any concerns. I applaud the school, the teachers are great and the expectations are high for ALL of the students. Hats off to the Mr. Myerson, Mr. McCallum, Mr. Princiotta and Ms. Richardson who has recently moved out of the area. The office staff is also incredible and very friendly. Nicks's Grandma

I agree with the parents who said the school has be nothing but disappointments, I am a parent there so I can confirm that the school doesn't deserve the administration they have

Principal in charge needs to step down. He had a 10 star school and now its a 7 star sucky school. Parents are changing schools left to right because of his reign. He doesn't have control anymore. He let's parents come out of the blue and tell him that their child said this child did this. He doesn't even ask the child's parents to come in and discuss matters. He just automatically takes action because that parent will raise holy heck. Changes need to be done and the School District needs to investigate. If you are moving to Loxahatchee area I suggest finding another school or just homeschool. Plain and simple

This school sucks. For the past 2 years it has be nothing but dissappoinments for our family.

Has been awesome for my children, have gotten everything out of this school that it offers for the children. Staff is wonderful! Have had two children go through this school, my last is now in it...and loving it whole heartedly. Keep up the good work staff, you're all doing great!

We relocated from Michigan and I worried that the quality of education would not be as good as up north. I was pleasantly suprised to see that what the children were learning was actually more advanced than up north. It was explained to me, that due to the 'no child left behind act', that basically all of the grades were actually 'converting' over to learn what they would have learned the following year. (My child is learning in 1st grade, what she normally would have learned in 2nd grade.) Other than that, I would say it is one of the poorer schools, but they do a good job and make the best of what they have. There are not a lot of parent helpers, but the few they have do as much as they can and the teachers are thankful. They are big on rewards and certificates, my daughter brings themoften.

Mr. M does a great job of hiring his staff. The staff are top notch teachers who stay at the school. There is very little turnover. That is the mark of a great principal.

I've had at least one child at Loxahatchee Groves since 2002, and more emphasis has been placed on keeping order/ uniforms/ this last year than any other. Uniforms conformity seem to be a top priority. I feel there are much better things the staff could spend their time focusing on than uniforms. I give Mr. Meyerson credit, he makes every attempt to correct problems quickly. But most times the correction just causes new problems. There are few extracurricular activities, handbells, chorus, and maybe a football team (there was last year but so far not this year) Teacher quality, I've experienced very good teachers. I am highly involved in the classroom. Overall my experiences are okay. Have I considered homeschooling? absolutely, and I suspect that I will not have all my children go through this school and will homeschool two of them. I don't think the school provides for all students equally.

Last modified Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.