Loxahatchee, FL

Posted August 21, 2014
My grandson has been going to Loxahatchee Groves since he started kindergarten. In 2nd grade, we moved away for a year and my grandson did not adjust well in the new school. In addition to that he is a very busy, bright boy, need I say more. I returned to Loxahatchee Groves. And, I am so happy I did! My grandson got the two most caring and innovative teachers ever. They kept me abreast of everything, answered my emails, met my tireless demands and most of all loved my grandson. It took us awhile,but, WE got him back on track. Nick, got a 3 on the reading FCAT and nearly a 5 on math. The teachers worked extremely hard to get Nick caught up academically. Mr. Myerson and Mr. McCallum work extremely hard in making sure that our children are safe and that everyone receives a great education. Both Administrators were attentive to my grandson's needs and communicated with me if I had any concerns. I applaud the school, the teachers are great and the expectations are high for ALL of the students. Hats off to the Mr. Myerson, Mr. McCallum, Mr. Princiotta and Ms. Richardson who has recently moved out of the area. The office staff is also incredible and very friendly. Nicks's Grandma

Posted March 26, 2014
I agree with the parents who said the school has be nothing but disappointments, I am a parent there so I can confirm that the school doesn't deserve the administration they have

Posted March 24, 2014
Principal in charge needs to step down. He had a 10 star school and now its a 7 star sucky school. Parents are changing schools left to right because of his reign. He doesn't have control anymore. He let's parents come out of the blue and tell him that their child said this child did this. He doesn't even ask the child's parents to come in and discuss matters. He just automatically takes action because that parent will raise holy heck. Changes need to be done and the School District needs to investigate. If you are moving to Loxahatchee area I suggest finding another school or just homeschool. Plain and simple

Posted October 04, 2013
This school sucks. For the past 2 years it has be nothing but dissappoinments for our family.

Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School

Posted April 07, 2010
Has been awesome for my children, have gotten everything out of this school that it offers for the children. Staff is wonderful! Have had two children go through this school, my last is now in it...and loving it whole heartedly. Keep up the good work staff, you're all doing great!

Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2008
We relocated from Michigan and I worried that the quality of education would not be as good as up north. I was pleasantly suprised to see that what the children were learning was actually more advanced than up north. It was explained to me, that due to the 'no child left behind act', that basically all of the grades were actually 'converting' over to learn what they would have learned the following year. (My child is learning in 1st grade, what she normally would have learned in 2nd grade.) Other than that, I would say it is one of the poorer schools, but they do a good job and make the best of what they have. There are not a lot of parent helpers, but the few they have do as much as they can and the teachers are thankful. They are big on rewards and certificates, my daughter brings themoften.

Posted October 18, 2007
Mr. M does a great job of hiring his staff. The staff are top notch teachers who stay at the school. There is very little turnover. That is the mark of a great principal.

Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School 3

Posted October 13, 2007
I've had at least one child at Loxahatchee Groves since 2002, and more emphasis has been placed on keeping order/ uniforms/ this last year than any other. Uniforms conformity seem to be a top priority. I feel there are much better things the staff could spend their time focusing on than uniforms. I give Mr. Meyerson credit, he makes every attempt to correct problems quickly. But most times the correction just causes new problems. There are few extracurricular activities, handbells, chorus, and maybe a football team (there was last year but so far not this year) Teacher quality, I've experienced very good teachers. I am highly involved in the classroom. Overall my experiences are okay. Have I considered homeschooling? absolutely, and I suspect that I will not have all my children go through this school and will homeschool two of them. I don't think the school provides for all students equally.

Posted June 08, 2006
This is a great school. My son has attended this school for the last three years since 8/2003. He has florished in every class he has been in. Ms. Amburn, Ms Moreland and Ms. McAliley have all taken the time to provide my son with an excellent education. Thank you to the Principal, Mr. Meyerson; Vice-Principal, Ms Jones; and to Ms Biossat, as well as all the other staff members involved with my son at this school. If your child attends this school he or she is receiving a quality education.

Posted April 18, 2006
My son began Loxahatchee Groves this year in kindergarten and I am shocked by how well he has advanced. Coming from a Montessori school I thought he might be bored in kindergarten as he was taught quite a bit by previous teachers, but Mrs. Sands at Loxahatchee Groves has done a wonderful job of keeping my son interested and happy to go to school each day. He is excelling in reading and math and is relentlessly curious about science. I couldn't be more pleased with the education he is receiving there.

Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School
16020 Okeechobee Boulevard, Loxahatchee, FL  33470
Last modified Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top