514 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Pierce Hammock Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2015
Every year my son has had several teacher changes because this school can't retain a teacher for more than a few months. I can't even begin to describe what a strain this has been on my 7 year old, who's had as many teachers as years he's been alive since attending. I will be doing everything I can to get him OUT of this school and into one that actually cares about students and faculty.

Posted January 24, 2014
I adore PHES! My son, who has received services for ASD and speech since kindergarten, has excelled beyond our wildest expectations. His teachers and the ESE department have gone above and beyond for my son. Despite the never ending demands placed on these professionals, they are always there for my family. I could not have asked for a better education, both academically and in re: ASD and speech, for our son. Bravo PHES! You all will be missed when we graduate to middle school. Sure wish Mrs. Meroney and Mrs. Harvey would consider following my son to the next school! They are truly the best at their professions. The kids at PHES are lucky to have them.

Posted April 24, 2013
I am very happy with our decision to send our children to Pierce Hammock Elementary this year for kindergarden. The teachers, staff & fellow students are very friendly. They make it a point to know each student. If a child appears upset or needs something they are there. Safety is a top priority, all doors are locked & no one is allowed in unless cleared by the front office. They even encourage parents to come volunteer at the school. Having no prior knowledge of dealings with a public school I was pleasantly surprised at how much the school has to offer. The cirriculum is vast and far reaching. Homework packets are sent home weekly so the children can accomplish them at their own pace. Not only do they have a computer lab but they also have computers in their classroom. The music dept. has too many instruments to count. My only complaint is that I wish my children could have attended Art this year but the teacher retired & was not replaced. I look forward to many more memories being made here.

Posted February 04, 2013
Pierce Hammock is a wonderful Elementary School. Our family moved here from another state unexpectedly. Our kids went to a top notch private school and this has been the best transition that we could ask for. We have the best first grade teacher (Mrs. Schauers). She challenges our child as well as myself and my husband as parents. We are happy with the academics and the nurturing that our six year old receives. The warm and friendly nature of this school fits right in line with the private school that our kids attended. I hope resources abound for PH so that they can add more outdoor centers for learning & playing. I would love to see see trees around the playground area. Maybe PH could have a planting day with all the families. Or a field day that raises money for outdoor improvements. The Assistant Principal whom I have had the opportunity to get to talk with is so in tune with her student body. I thank her thoroughly.

Posted November 02, 2012
Great school. Clean, safe, new, great teachers, staff, etc. Just moved here with 2 children attending PHES. We absolutely LOVE this school.

Posted January 11, 2012
Overall this is a good school. There are some very caring, committed teachers who go above and beyond. The pricipal Dr. Carvelli, is approachable and always willing to help. He knows just about every student by name it seems. Extra curriculars include chorus, art club, running club and extra tutoring. My kids have found wonderful friends here.

Posted April 28, 2010
I agree that this school needs children involved with better extracurricular activities, i.e. outdoor nature program, art, exercise (other than the too expensive Karate class), drama, etc. Teachers are great. Office staff is really great. School trips are the same every year. Carnival is boring. School building and surroundings are in excellent condition. It is great that school uniforms are mandatory; but there are children that are sent to school not wearing uniform. Meet the teacher day is chaotic.

Posted April 18, 2010
This school is great they really teach and deciline the kids and have 100% concentration and parent involvement.

Posted September 03, 2009
My children (2nd & 4th grade) atttended the school last year and I was very impressed with the school. The teachers are dedicated and offer great support. In particular, for my 4th grader, I felt that there was excellent communication between myself and his teachers from early in the year and right the way through. They work hard for the kids to succeed. The kids had a great year!

Pierce Hammock Elementary School

Posted September 02, 2009
My children have attended this schoolsince 2nd grade. It has been an honor to have them educated at P.H.E. They have shown a great atmosphere and support for kids. It might not be perfect but it sure is the best. Thank you

Pierce Hammock Elementary School
14255 Hamlin Boulevard, Loxahatchee, FL  33470
Last modified Pierce Hammock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.