Seminole Ridge Community High School

Public | 9-12 | 2424 students

Posted November 24, 2008

The band is the best part of the high school. Overall the high school is alright. It has its flaws as does any other high school. But the band is amazing! state champions!

Posted August 10, 2008

Having just gradutaed from SRHS, I would definately say that there are ups and downs about it, but what school isn't that way? The teachers for the most part are fantastic. They want you to be successful and are willing to take time to get you there. I had several teachers stay after school for tutoring so I could pass the test next class. The APs want to be there for those who need them and are good people. The dress code caused quite a stir, but in reality, it wasn't all that bad. I loved it all three years i went there, and I know it was a whole lot better than Royal Palm Beach High School. I wasn't scared for my life at this school, like I was there. There weren't gun threats and gang fights, it was a nice high school environent.

Posted July 8, 2008

3 of my children attended SRHS Two of whom have graduated from daughter in 07 and son in 08. I have seen a great deal of growth in my young adults since switching over from WHS. They did not like the dress code but complied most of the time. The school is strict with good security. All 3 agree that the atmosphere of less drugs at SRHS is a welcome change. My two younger children's favorite class was TV Production And my oldest's favorite class was Work Management.

Posted July 8, 2008

I attended SRHS for my freshman and sophomore years, and I would consider it to be a good school, but class sizes are too large, and some drug issues are still prevalent.

Posted July 7, 2008

I attended Seminole Ridge High School for my sophomore year this past school year. Honestly I did like the school a little bit. But the education was not good at all. I felt as if I learned nothing at all. The teachers also seem to not care much. Im happy that I had some teachers that did care and would take out time to help me out with things I needed help in. Overall this school needs a lot of developing to do over the years. Im also happy to say I will not be going there anymore.

Posted May 15, 2008

I attend SRHS as a freshman this year and the school has it's deffinant pros and cons. The staff is pretty decent most of the time and they treat students with respect. The extra ciricular activities are also good. The sports teams and the band really show the schools spirit and skill. On the downside. The dresscode is quite idiculous. I personally would have it changed or just get uniforms. The school is'nt too packed so I don't know why people say buses are too full, maybe I would just have too experience it for myself. Overall SRHS has it's flaws but is infact is a wonderful school .

Posted March 18, 2008

Seminole Ridge High is getting better, yet overall the sschhol needs major work. The students are still racially divided against each other, and the dress code is just a way to cover up for all the racila tension. Also, the teachers could care more about the students and bring a higher morale to the table. Ap's generally play favorites, and football players are pretty much invincible. On the other hand, the Ap program is decent and the sports teams ( minus the football team), are actually pretty good. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from. But still, classes are overcrowded, so are buses,both of which are filled to capacity +.

Posted March 15, 2008

Seminole Ridge High has grown to be a wonderful teaching academy. Not just for one of my children, but I now have 2 attending, and sharing in the wonderful opportunities this school has to offer. The biggest asset you will find at Seminole Ridge is a determined staff and administration. They will go the extra mile to 'get it right'. One thing to keep in mind as you read the earlier reviews is, that a school, as a whole, takes more than a year to spread its wings of success. Consider this- If your child does not know how to succeed with the tools given, then the name of the school will not matter, the results iare the same regardless. If you have a student who desires to become an independent, confident, and a productive adult when they graduate, they will achieve exactly those results at Seminole Ridge High School.

Posted February 16, 2008

its not a good school in some cases but in others its ok.......this school need to do alot of improvement!

Posted January 18, 2008

My son is in vitural school with SR as his home school, my daughter is doing well, whenever i have emailed her teachers they have responded to me within 24 hours, except the PE teacher, the Mr. J. Smith has been great if i have a problem i call/email or stop in to see him, no schools are without problems, but, if the teachers see that you are concerned enough to call/email i believe the teachers take a more active role in you childs life if they see the parent is active in the school.

Posted January 3, 2008

Seminole Ridge was an awful school. My daughter graduated from that school last year and she had a different spanish teacher every month and a different english teacher! All she did in many of her classes was watch movies. What kind of school does this!

Posted November 4, 2007

Im sick and tired of people saying the principal has nothing to do with the dress code. that is not true, she created it 'in order to make the school safer'. so far we have had more fights with the dress code in action than before. And the teachers are mixed. Some teachers are great while other are best fired.

Posted November 3, 2007

Seminole Ridge High is a very well run school. The cultural diversity of the staff, students, and teachers is especially delightful. The design of the school lends itself to a need for tremendous supervision. Cameras are helpful. The technology is an awesome accompaniment to the curriculum component of instruction. Love working at The Ridge!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 2, 2007

I think it's ridiculous how much criticizm is dirrected at my school. Our school is very organize, the teachers and principles know what they're doing, and things are only getting better with the new dress code. The teachers are warm and caring, all of our futures are in their best interest. I dont think people should judge our school because of the very few people there who are on a path of destruction. Over all, I'd have to say that Seminole Ridge is the best school I've ever attended.

Posted September 26, 2007

I recently graduated from Seminole RIDGE HIGH School and it's a great school. From there, with the education I've received I was accepted to one of the finest College in NY (with many other friends from SMRHS). This High school has a sense of community not just within itself but brings it to Loxahatchee. My counselor guided me throughout everything I needed regarding my education. My teachers did the same for me.(they really motivated me) Help was never refused.The environment was fantastic. Seminole Ridge shouldn't be judged based on its academic standards. The Students on the other hand have to protect their school from harsh critics. Their part is to attend to school based on the rules posted by the principal. I'm not saying this now because i'm done with high school but because the policies established helped throughout college (in a professional matter)...We are soon to be adults!!!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 17, 2007

I'm sick of seeing the complaints about dress code and buses. That has nothing to do with the school. Blame the district. I myself live in Royal Palm Beach. Before this school opened, I had two options; Royal Palm Beach HS or Suncoast HS. I was aware of just how great a school Suncoast is, but I felt it was lowering its standards and I did not like its location. When SRHS opened, I had a great new option. I was able to receive a great education with extracurricular activities. Our athletics teams our getting much stronger and our teachers continue to improve.

Posted July 12, 2007

For such a great school there sure is a lot of alcohol problems!

Posted July 11, 2007

My son has been at Seminole Ridge High School since the day it opened and we love it. The school has brought a real sense of community to Loxahatchee. The students are given every chance to get a great education its just that some do not choose to put the effort into it. We love this school and the staff. We would not want to go anywhere else.

Posted July 3, 2007

I love this school, it has been a great environment for learning!

Posted July 3, 2007

This school provides the technology and information for their students to excell. This school is has a safe and respectfull environment. This school has provided me and my classmates with the best possible education possible!!! To those who do not agree it may be because your student is not doing well!!, I do belive though that the smarter students do get the better teachers, that care and work with theri students and the lower levels get the teachers that dont really care, but I do believe that if the students also cared they should be able to achieve whatever it is that they want to achieve.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

553 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

551 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

569 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

646 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

350 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

541 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

429 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

605 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 5%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music