2,339 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am currently a Senior at The Ridge and I love if here I wouldn't of wanted to spend four whole years of my life any where else. We have amazing educators and learning activities offered to us. As I have spent most of my time in the Army Jrotc program at The Ridge I would say its a wonderful program for young adults to be in all shapes of life and basically become a family with the people you meet. I would rather spend time with the life long friends I've made in Jrotc then anyone else. The amazing instructors we have really care about the students and bond and interact on a deeper level. MSG Margarita Bonner was my teacher for two of the wonderful years spent in the program and she is like a mom to me I can go to her about anything and she has no problem helping me out, giving advice, sharing her point of view or just listening... She's a great teacher and a wonderful friend, and yes I said friend I am friends with my teachers. She and I bonded over these years and I dont know where I'd be without her shes my role model and life long friend. 1sg Bobby Parlor I had my first year in Jrotc but I still interact with him alot he is like a father figure during the school hours keeps me on top and from getting a great outlook on life from him. Jrotc is really a family and so is The Ridge. Mrs. Ahmad is also another wonderful teacher she teaches Biology, marine bio, marine bio honors and aice marine... Where to begin shes a great individual she truly cares for her students and the community she does several charity works and gets the students involved in them she has a wonderful heart and shes there for any student that need someone and shes a wonderful teacher I pass marine bio honors with an A and got an award for my achievements out of the whole marine bio department all thanks to my amazing teacher. These are only a few of the amazing educators we have and The Ridge is also a place to call home. I am proud to be a Hawk and its something I will take with me the rest of my life because I've had the most amazing journey at The Ridge that I hope everyone gets a chance to experience at their high schools as well. Well in closing GO HAWKS!!!! Class of 2016!

I don't go to this school, but I've heard a lot about two legendary students who attended this school. They're the greatest prodigies to walk through the halls of Seminole Ridge. They would walk through the halls and girls would faint at the mere sight of these two hunks. Long live the legends of Austin Webb and Alejandro Mejia.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Had the majority of teachers this school year say they "don't believe" in homework. Really? Seriously?

Academics are a joke, and that's coming from a parent of a child in "advanced" classes. I use the quotes marks because there's nothing advanced about these classes or the teachers teaching them. Sports are another joke, the coaches couldn't be professional if their lives depended on it. Have yet to see administration step in and do ANYTHING about parent concerns about either topic.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

A teacher who believes that a 50% pass rate on an advanced placement exam means they are doing a great job at teaching, is a joke. Advanced English teachers who require not ONE full length novel to be read during the ENTIRE school year...that's another joke. Have yet to meet an "advanced" teacher at this school who should be anywhere near students.

It's awesome I love it here. I've been here for 2 years and it's the best school I've ever attended. Let's go Hawks!!!

I went here all 4 years and I loved it. I had tons of friends and tons of experiences that shaped who I am today. Without my Biotech teachers, my TV Production teacher, an English teacher, and some other random teachers (ASL, NHS, etc....) I wouldn't be the person I am today. SRHS will always be my high school!

Its not true that the band program is prejudice or anything of the sort. It really is one band, one family. Especially when the students push for that. I know my child is always making everyone feel welcome and the parent volunteers do the same to encourage other parents toget involved. Just walking through that hallway you see how close every student and parent is. Its sad to say mr. Skinner had to switch gears and go to a slower pace school but that one band, one family is still there. We reach out to other parents. Even though we will miss mr. Skinner we are still excited for this new band director mr. Harvey who still is carrying on the same concepts. My child has learned so much in band and not just about music but life. Its teaching my child to learn time management and be responsible to do what needs to be done. Our core parents have increased since the incoming students. We are the parents that are there for everything. Meetings, practices, and there to pick up the phone when needed. teachers, students, and other parents are surprised at how much work there is with band and recognize us not only as dedicated but also as a mature program.

My school , Seminole Ridge is a great combination of some wonderful things. We have some really good teachers here, and some will listen to you and care.I never felt that at my old school in palm beach district. I like a few of the science teachers and there are a couple of reading teachers who turned my life around; they should know who they are :) I never read anything and I mean a thing, at my old school, and now I read books all the time. A new kind a world has opened up for me.My life is better now. The Principal seems to care- we need better and more variety in the food!

I am not very satisfied with the school, it needs more electives, some teachers aren't doing what they should be doing.

Last modified Seminole Ridge Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.