Loxahatchee, FL
Students enrolled: 2,424

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 20, 2015
Had the majority of teachers this school year say they "don't believe" in homework. Really? Seriously?

Seminole Ridge Community High School 2

Posted July 20, 2015
Academics are a joke, and that's coming from a parent of a child in "advanced" classes. I use the quotes marks because there's nothing advanced about these classes or the teachers teaching them. Sports are another joke, the coaches couldn't be professional if their lives depended on it. Have yet to see administration step in and do ANYTHING about parent concerns about either topic.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 20, 2015
A teacher who believes that a 50% pass rate on an advanced placement exam means they are doing a great job at teaching, is a joke. Advanced English teachers who require not ONE full length novel to be read during the ENTIRE school year...that's another joke. Have yet to meet an "advanced" teacher at this school who should be anywhere near students.

Posted January 10, 2015
It's awesome I love it here. I've been here for 2 years and it's the best school I've ever attended. Let's go Hawks!!!

Posted August 05, 2014
I went here all 4 years and I loved it. I had tons of friends and tons of experiences that shaped who I am today. Without my Biotech teachers, my TV Production teacher, an English teacher, and some other random teachers (ASL, NHS, etc....) I wouldn't be the person I am today. SRHS will always be my high school!

Posted August 06, 2013
Its not true that the band program is prejudice or anything of the sort. It really is one band, one family. Especially when the students push for that. I know my child is always making everyone feel welcome and the parent volunteers do the same to encourage other parents toget involved. Just walking through that hallway you see how close every student and parent is. Its sad to say mr. Skinner had to switch gears and go to a slower pace school but that one band, one family is still there. We reach out to other parents. Even though we will miss mr. Skinner we are still excited for this new band director mr. Harvey who still is carrying on the same concepts. My child has learned so much in band and not just about music but life. Its teaching my child to learn time management and be responsible to do what needs to be done. Our core parents have increased since the incoming students. We are the parents that are there for everything. Meetings, practices, and there to pick up the phone when needed. teachers, students, and other parents are surprised at how much work there is with band and recognize us not only as dedicated but also as a mature program.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 4

Posted July 12, 2013
My school , Seminole Ridge is a great combination of some wonderful things. We have some really good teachers here, and some will listen to you and care.I never felt that at my old school in palm beach district. I like a few of the science teachers and there are a couple of reading teachers who turned my life around; they should know who they are :) I never read anything and I mean a thing, at my old school, and now I read books all the time. A new kind a world has opened up for me.My life is better now. The Principal seems to care- we need better and more variety in the food!

Seminole Ridge Community High School 1

Posted August 11, 2012
I am not very satisfied with the school, it needs more electives, some teachers aren't doing what they should be doing.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 4

Posted November 23, 2011
I read many reviews before writing this one. There are a lot of whiny parents that expect the school to raise their kids for them. School is not a free babysitting center. High school kids should be self motivated and not completely reliant on teachers to spoon feed them every drop of information. Most of the problems in schools today aren't the fault of the school, the principal or the teachers. Its the fault of irresponsible parents who don't bother to raise their kids properly. That being said, for a student with parents have raised him/her properly, this school is fine. If you're the type of parent who hasn't given your child the proper tools to succeed in life then you won't be happy at any school and your child will grow up to be a lazy complainer just like you. Instead of spending time complaining online maybe you could peel your kid away from the tv or computer for two seconds and talk to them.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
Have no problem with the school or the teachers my children have excelled in all aspects

4601 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road, Loxahatchee, FL  33470
Last modified Seminole Ridge Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Ridge Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top