Loxahatchee, FL
Students enrolled: 2,424

Posted August 05, 2014
I went here all 4 years and I loved it. I had tons of friends and tons of experiences that shaped who I am today. Without my Biotech teachers, my TV Production teacher, an English teacher, and some other random teachers (ASL, NHS, etc....) I wouldn't be the person I am today. SRHS will always be my high school!

Posted August 06, 2013
Its not true that the band program is prejudice or anything of the sort. It really is one band, one family. Especially when the students push for that. I know my child is always making everyone feel welcome and the parent volunteers do the same to encourage other parents toget involved. Just walking through that hallway you see how close every student and parent is. Its sad to say mr. Skinner had to switch gears and go to a slower pace school but that one band, one family is still there. We reach out to other parents. Even though we will miss mr. Skinner we are still excited for this new band director mr. Harvey who still is carrying on the same concepts. My child has learned so much in band and not just about music but life. Its teaching my child to learn time management and be responsible to do what needs to be done. Our core parents have increased since the incoming students. We are the parents that are there for everything. Meetings, practices, and there to pick up the phone when needed. teachers, students, and other parents are surprised at how much work there is with band and recognize us not only as dedicated but also as a mature program.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 4

Posted July 12, 2013
My school , Seminole Ridge is a great combination of some wonderful things. We have some really good teachers here, and some will listen to you and care.I never felt that at my old school in palm beach district. I like a few of the science teachers and there are a couple of reading teachers who turned my life around; they should know who they are :) I never read anything and I mean a thing, at my old school, and now I read books all the time. A new kind a world has opened up for me.My life is better now. The Principal seems to care- we need better and more variety in the food!

Seminole Ridge Community High School 1

Posted August 11, 2012
I am not very satisfied with the school, it needs more electives, some teachers aren't doing what they should be doing.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 4

Posted November 23, 2011
I read many reviews before writing this one. There are a lot of whiny parents that expect the school to raise their kids for them. School is not a free babysitting center. High school kids should be self motivated and not completely reliant on teachers to spoon feed them every drop of information. Most of the problems in schools today aren't the fault of the school, the principal or the teachers. Its the fault of irresponsible parents who don't bother to raise their kids properly. That being said, for a student with parents have raised him/her properly, this school is fine. If you're the type of parent who hasn't given your child the proper tools to succeed in life then you won't be happy at any school and your child will grow up to be a lazy complainer just like you. Instead of spending time complaining online maybe you could peel your kid away from the tv or computer for two seconds and talk to them.

Seminole Ridge Community High School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
Have no problem with the school or the teachers my children have excelled in all aspects

Seminole Ridge Community High School 2

Posted July 04, 2011
I am a student that goes to the ridge. I dislike this school for Many reasons first of all its principal can't bother to respond phone calls and emails. By students and parents which is not doing her job. The ruels are also ridiculous. Example number 1. If you get into violent altercations you are suspended for 10 days even if you are the victim and dont even hit back. Example 2. the dress code is slowly becoming a uniform and legally they have no right to make it one it is not a privately owned school where the owner of the school has that right. But this is taking away your constitutional rights as Americans. The list goes on. with the wrongs of this school

Seminole Ridge Community High School 2

Posted November 18, 2010
Some teachers seem to be there just to collect a paycheck, sad because some kids still want to learn. And as far as all rules, well we joke about that. "Welcome to Seminole Ridge Penitentiary" I realize there must be rules, but it seems these kids get detention for some things beyond their control, and that's not so in real life. Needs to be alot of changes in alot of areas.

Posted October 19, 2010
They say "Discipline stars at home" but considering that our children pass the majority of time on school grounds and Seminole Ridge Community High School has a strong leadership about this subject,I consider myself lucky to have a child there. School is my child's satellite home.GREAT JOB!

Seminole Ridge Community High School 3

Posted June 12, 2010
"The Ridge" as it is called is accurate in that the students are on the edge of cliff and about to fall off! As the parent of an ADHD child "The Ridge" practically throws them off the cliff! The ESE coordinator is lazy, the guidance staff are rude and the only time I get communication from any teacher is when my child is having trouble and it is too late to correct it! They are happy to let you know the student will fail but can't take the time to let you know early enough to help. They let the students flounder under the auspicies of "teaching them how to be adults and accept responsiblity" but they do not provide a role model for the students to follow.

Seminole Ridge Community High School
4601 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road, Loxahatchee, FL  33470
Last modified Seminole Ridge Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Ridge Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top