2,328 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Steinbrenner is like the Plant High of north Tampa - it's an excellent high school! The vast majority of teachers are wonderful, and the student body is much more engaged than most. The school outperforms other county schools and rates in the top statewide.

Definitely a great school. My son is a senior this year. For the most part it's been a wonderful experience with wonderful teachers.

Amount of homework: Disagree

More homework and corrections can be done or if a homework is givven they can be behind the student to get it done or make them do it till its perfect and they get their grades

Develops character: Neutral

This school is GREAT.. Good administrators and teachers and students, but one thing is surprising is how come a teacher can have her own child in the class that also for the lesson that she is teaching which happens to be science subject. If the teacher is so special then why don't they recommend her to mentor other teachers and share her valuable teaching lessons. Teachers will have to have more interactive lessons in the class.Some of the teachers and students are very good. They give them valuable life lessons and make them come out in the open.. Its just not testing and home work. They will have to know to go beyond . If a teacher is good in her subject he or she will know how to get the best from the student. They will not work towards finding fault with the student or demean them in class

The teachers show a lot of favoritism, they are unfair and students are over crowded

I just finished my freshmen year here, and I did not enjoy it one bit. First of all, this place is filthy! I Frequently go into the bathrooms to find no paper towels, sometimes no soap, unflushed toilets and a few times I even saw some people smoking E- cigarettes. The custodians here are obviously lazy, especially toward the end of the week when the place is even filthier. The principal turns a blind eye to this; she is completely unaware of the poor cleanliness of this school. Next, at lunch, I always have to wait about 15-20 minutes just to get my food, despite the fact that there are several lines. And during lunch, the staff members rudely tell the entire cafeteria that they're "tired of telling you not to use your phone" I obey the rules and I never use my phone during lunch. In addition, Steinbrenner does have a good club/sports selection, but there is not enough time given to really "get into" your club. Club day only happens once a month, for not even an hour per club. Some months are even skipped, where there is no club day. Furthermore, the school doesn't inform you that well about upcoming events. They do tell you on the morning show, but everybody's talking during it, making it difficult to hear the TV and understand what is being said. The school sometimes makes mistakes about important announcements, for example, during one of my classes, we were told that we had an End-of-course assessment on a Thursday. Little did we know that some of us were actually testing the Monday before! So some of us, including me, were unprepared and tired. Lastly, the school has a lot of pride, too much, actually. On Fridays in 2nd period, they make us sing their "alma mater" Which affects our grades. I didn't mind that too much since my teacher made it extra credit, but how does singing have anything to do with your academic grade? Based on the school activities, it seems like you have to be popular to enjoy them, for the most part. Overall, I would not recommend this school at all.

I am almost done with my freshman year at Steinbrenner High School, and I can honestly say that I truly hate it. Many of my teachers are rude towards students and lack proper teaching skills. My English 1 Honors teacher is the only teacher I have this year that seems genuinely concerned about my education, and I find it quite upsetting as most of my teachers never review what I had done wrong on my tests, and only care about completing the curriculum that they have to follow. They have unoriginal lesson plans and it feels as if they're just showing us what to do, instead of thoroughly explaining an idea/concept and becoming creative with the lesson to excite myself and other students to learn. I know that this is not true in all public schools as I had many great teachers at my middle school who helped me to learn valuable information. On top of that, most of the kids have no self respect for themselves or others and do not have a problem with publicly humiliating them. If your child is not popular or doesn't fit in, they will most likely be made fun of not only by the students BUT the teachers as well. The staff has been very rude to me with the exception of my guidance counselor.

I've just about completed my freshman year at Steinbrenner High School and I can definitely say that it deserves a three. I can say that two out of my seven teachers care about my success and really want me to understand the content. On top of that, the administration staff is very rude, as well as the APs and especially the kids. Most are from Martinez Middle School (right next door), and they are some of the meanest, most shallow, and most offensive people I've ever met. If you're kids aren't of the utmost popularity, it is unlikely that they will 'fit in'. Lastly, Steinbrenner has an amazing electives and sports program. But, only that. They focus mainly on these and not enough on the actual academics.

I have gone back and forth between a private and a public school education, but I am very thankful that I chose Steinbrenner for my high school. It's a great education and if you apply yourself, you can choose an academically rigorous set of courses, or not. You will find a lot of friendly and successful people here- in both the students and the staff.

I am completely impressed!! Great group of kids and an excellent place to learn!! We are proud to be a part of Steinbrenner High School!!! The Teachers, Coaches and all the staff are extra special people!! The parent involvement is amazing!! Great Job!!!!!! 10++++ We appreciate this school!!!

Last modified Steinbrenner High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.