PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for taking the time to read the reviews of our school. Lutz Learning Center offers a very complex science based curriculum, with a strong focus on reading, cognition, logic, and leadership skills. Our goal is to keep all 125 of our Preschool and Elementary students at least two years ahead of their chronological level and maintain those standards as they progress through our program. It is because of the school's strong dedication to each individual child's success that we are wholeheartedly devoted to partnering our teachers, administration, and parents together to build the foundation of the child's education through top quality education in these formative years. We take great pride in the faith a parent places in our school in entrusting us with their child's early education each and every day. We are committed to providing our students with the best possible education and have extremely high goals and standards to be implemented. It takes a team of amazing teachers and parents who are passionately devoted to the development of the child as an individual to reach those goals successfully. Despite our very best efforts, we will never be able to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. We strongly regret when this happens but encourage others to not believe everything you read in a review, there is always a back story that is never appropriate to air in an on-line forum. We are willing to professionally share our side of any review, just ask. Additionally, we adhere to and maintain compliance with all federal, state and county laws, these things are not optional. To learn more about what is happening at the school, be sure to check out our Facebook page, our website, or call!
May 16, 2012

Bad
Good

Posted December 31, 2015
My wife and I were referred by some friends to Lutz Learning Center. We had been happy with our previous daycare until they experienced a change of directors and the place began to spiral down. We are sure glad we changed. LLC is amazing. Our son has grown tremendously in all aspects including social interaction, learning at the advanced pre-school level and he continues to progress rapidly. We have watched our son excel at LLC while his old class mates simply remain stagnant. The entire staff from administration to the teacher to the chef are amazing. One key distinction is that the chef actually COOKS! She prepares fresh fruit and vegetables and healthy meals for the children daily - NOT simply reheated frozen over processed food. The children are not given juice and other unhealthy snacks daily. LLC truly cares about the child as a whole. Our son enjoys participating in the quarterly "enrichments" that are offered - this quarter he is playing soccer. We would highly recommend this school to anyone. We plan to keep our son (and his little brother in the future) at Lutz Learning Center all the way through daycare, preschool and school.

Posted July 01, 2014
We have had our children enrolled at Lutz Learning Center ("LLC") for the past few years and we are continually amazed at the progress they are making on a daily basis. When we transferred our oldest to LLC at three years old he learned simple addition in his first week! He is heading into Kindergarten this fall and is reading unassisted and doing math that I would expect from a much older child. Our youngest child started at LLC at one year old. He was potty trained by his (amazing) teacher just after turning two. Now he is learning basic sight words, at two years old. We have found all of the teachers and administration to be wonderful and overly helpful. Our parenting style is very much in sync with the expectations (manners, behavior, etc) of the school, and I appreciate not having to continually try to teach away bad habits that are learned in the daycare environment. I have never felt as though any members of the administration were more focused on my money than on my children. In fact, they have been extremely flexible when I've needed it. We love LLC and recommend the school to all of our friends with kids. We will be a part of the LLC "family" for years to come!

Posted July 01, 2014
We have been a Lutz Learning Center family for 3 years now and would (and do) recommend the school to anyone with young children! The curriculum and attention provided to each child is top notch. By the mid point of VPK, my daughter was reading on a first grade level! The administration and the teachers have been so caring and genuinely concerned for each child and it shows in everything that they do. Five stars from the Brickner family!!

Lutz Learning Center 1

Posted June 30, 2014
We put our son here for summer camp and were misinformed about their program. We were told this is a camp geared around academics, this is not the case, it is a daycare facility and was not structured around academics. They never returned emails or phone calls, please don't waste your money.

Lutz Learning Center 1

Posted March 13, 2014
Don't bother learning anyone's name, they don't stay long. This school was a revolving door of teachers and a constant mess of unfinished construction. Our son came home telling us how he was being treated at school with classmates and it concerned us, as well as terribly upsetting our son. We tried to talk to administration but, we were constantly treated horribly while they did nothing about the situation. If you are looking for a center that actually cares about your child and not just your check this is NOT the place for you. This experience made our child afraid to go to Kindergarten and it broke our hearts to watch him go through it. It took a while, but thankfully now he enjoys going to school again, as long as we promise not to bring him back to his "old school" (LLC). I encourage you to ask around before you make a decision, we have encountered many families with similar opinions of this poorly run school.

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter attended the summer VPK program at Lutz Learning Center. She loved every minute of being there. I found the staff to be caring and understanding. Her teacher was excellent. My daughter reading ability skyrocketed after being there this summer. The field trips were fun,exciting and educational. The food that was provided for snack and lunch was "super good" according to my daughter. I would highly recommend this school. My daughter loved it! We were very pleased.

Posted August 25, 2013
The administration as well as the teachers have gone above and beyond for my children. My son is speeched delayed and I have seen him accelerate in leaps and bounds at this school where he would be lost in the public school system. I am very impressed with the level and vast array of learning that goes on at this facility even down to the toddler group. Elaine is always warm, professional and makes time to address all my questions and concerns whenever they arise.

Posted July 22, 2013
Fabulous school! My son was enrolled in the preschool program for the 2012-2013 school year. When he first started school he didn't know the alphabet by sight or sound. By the end of the school year he is sounding out small words and reading to me! He was learning math and science and we are truly proud and amazed of his progress. The teachers and staff are amazing. They are friendly and personable and truly care about the kids. If you ever have a concern they would address it immediately and put your mind at ease. The other students all seem so friendly and well rounded. I can't imagine my child going anywhere else. We are so excited to see what this upcoming year has in store for us.

Posted May 16, 2012
My child is in Elementary at Lutz Learning Center. I am continually impressed with all that goes on in this school. My student's teacher holds a Master's Degree in Education and operates her small classroom of students at an extremely high level. This year alone I have seen amazing growth. I love how technologically savvy the classroom is (IPad 2's and computers for research) and all the fantastic field trips the class attends every month (Lego Land, Busch Gardens, blueberry picking) to bring their learning experiences to life. I like the warmth of the school (the Mother's day Breakfast was wonderful) and that parents are always welcomed to participate in class events and activities. The school even has a chef that creates all the students meals from scratch and the meal plan is included in tuition!

Message to families