Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I am very pleased with Lutz Prep! My children are challenged by talented teachers who pour their heart and soul into helping these kids develop a love of learning. I walk the halls of this school daily to see kids engaged, creative, happy and respectful of others. Lutz Prep is growing our future leaders. Thank you LP teachers for ALL THAT YOU DO!

Develops character: Neutral

For anyone interested in this school, please request current testing scores. The scores posted on this website are from 2014. They used much different curriculum then, had different teachers and administration. Just do your research for current information about the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The children we asked by administration to say nothing to their parents about the teacher physically grabbing a student. The children were concerned for the child, and 2 asked if they could console the child. A few of the children wanted to text their parents because it was a scary event, and the teacher threatened to take their phones...

I just witnessed a teacher physically grabbing a student. I went to tell the administration, and they said, "what did the child to to make this happen?" The child picked up a paper on the ground another student threw to put in the trash. I was in there the whole time, volunteering. I contacted the child's parents because the school asked me to keep my mouth closed!

Amazing School with a wonderful academic program! If you child is ahead of the game, this place is for you!!! If they can't keep up, it is not the place for them! Students are extremely engaged and are constantly challenged. Fun is to be had for all ages!

Another year gone, and another year of unfulfilled promises by LP. I am still struggling to see how this school provides an education that rivals that of a private school. This year the fees for sports, summer camp, and just about everything else went so high that it has become unattainable except for those families making the most money. On top of that, our donation to purchase the building is being used for what now...? I would like to have the money returned to parents since we fell extremely short of the school's goal.

I have 2 children at Lutz prep. My eldest has attended since the first year Lutz Prep opened its doors. To be honest, every year I have had issues with the school. For instance, my child not being challenged enough, or the principal that was never seen, and appeared uninvolved. I am happy to say this year I've seen a lot of improvements. Teachers are really open with communication on Edsby, grading is updated frequently, a lot more hands on science for 5th grade compared to years before. My child is being challenged more this year. Kids are held accountable for missing work or reading etc. BRAVO teachers! The principal is always involved & helping with carline & students. She makes announcements in the morning (last 2 principals had coaches do it). There is still a lot more growing and improvements for Lutz Prep. I personally would like see a new Chair on Board of Directors, to give opportunity for voices of the parents to be heard. Growth also has to come from parents too- let the teachers teach & be more involved with your child's learning instead of just sitting back & pointing fingers, & spoiling your child with "things." Be that bridge that connects to help academic growth.

Shame on you! What does it say about a school when a first year family and a volunteer who has given nearly 300 hours per year is faced with only one choice? To leave the school because the administration could not act to hold a teacher accountable for her job performance. 2 families departed LP last week. And instead of trying to find out how the issues could be fixed, the administration could only say "leave, we have a long waitlist". Wake up LP BoD!! Your school is falling apart because you hired a Principal with zero people skills. Soon noone will want to be on your famous "waitlist"

It is exciting to see the positive school culture that is growing here at Lutz Prep. Walking through the halls, it was wonderful to see how the students were creating posters of encouragement for the 4th grade and higher classrooms. Seeing the students and teachers all in their tie-dye shirts for testing really set a tone of unity and togetherness. This positive learning environment really makes Lutz Prep special!

These swings in ratings for LP are disconcerting ... from 1 start to 5 starts! Let me tell those parents who complain about LP: I had my children attending some of those well regarded private schools one excellent the other one, at least on paper, as excellent as well. The latter was a nightmare. My child was bullied, underachieving, and the establishment did not care! At LP the Teachers and the Staff DO CARE! I have a HAPPY child who loves LP. I have a terrific kid in all subjects! It shows in the way he speaks and behaves (and on those state exams as well). Friends and relatives praise his intellect, personality, and manners! Not all of it is thanks to LP but a BIG % is! Viva LP!!!

Last modified Lutz Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.