635 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Lutz Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2016
Lutz Elementary has been great from Kindergarten to 3rd grade, wonderful teachers, encouraging, organized, made learning fun and showed an interest in the children. Fourth grade is another story. We had to have a conference with the teacher and principal during the first few weeks of school and have my child moved to another class. Name calling, done by the teacher, no self esteem given to the children. Not happy even after the change. The teachers are not making learning fun. They do not grade homework papers or classroom work. They choose a child to walk around the class and put a check on the students' papers if they did their work. She does not collect the papers and read them and grade them herself. Some teachers are on the phone during class and asking them to be quiet so they can take the call. Also the teacher is always texting during class. And much, much more! Very disappointed in fourth grade.

Lutz Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2015
It's a great school when it comes to my daughter's first grade teacher. She is a loving and very caring one on one helper. When the Fall Festival came about this year my family and I were very disappointed. A student pie contest was there and a woman won the contest. She even baked all the goods there were selling there. My opinion that was unfair for all the children.

Posted January 19, 2014
Luts is ok, hate the 5th grade part of it, had to change teacher because favoritism plays a Huge part of alot of what goes on in class between teachers and students!!! but 2nd grade teachers are The best!!!!super assistant principal!! Dont see much of the principal at all.Kindergarten is very disappointing, they play alot and do pre k work for too long, class sizes are not balanced in any grades and the school does need a make over alot of the class rooms. The smell of mold in some of the 1st grade class rooms is over powering at times.

Posted September 01, 2013
Love lutz elementary when their myself as a student 4th and 5th grade still friends with my teacher love her and always when.out.of her way to.help me

Posted August 22, 2013
Lutz Elementary is not only consistently an A school, it is very family oriented with a great traditions. My husband's family were pioneers in Lutz and we've had family members attend ever since the school opened. My grandson now attends and is in second grade. Even if we move out of the area, we would still seek special assignment just to attend. Keep up the good work and thanks for educating our children to the maximum and for keeping them safe day after day, year after year. WE LOVE LUTZ!

Posted May 02, 2012
I have absolutely loved the school and staff. especially kindergarten and now first grade teacher Mrs. Hoffman! she has shown my child so much love that not sure how we are going to continue our lives with out her. I am certain LE will live up to our standards!

Posted April 30, 2012
Very disappointed in the 5th grade teachers, all but one. In my opinion 5th grade at LE needs an over haul. The principle has her blinders on when it come to 5th grade at this school. Many problems have been brought to her attention and year after year it is the same, nothing is done to improve or remove the teachers that cause the problems! Take your child out of this school before they reach 5th grade it is BAD!

Posted January 18, 2011
LE is an ok school. I have to say that my kids did enjoy the teacher they had and that she did well in teaching them. However, the school overall just seemed dirty and old not presenting a "culture" for learning. I asked if my children could be tested or offerred advanced lessons to match the ability they were showing, and was told no due to age rules. We were disapointed. So, we have left Lutz Elementary as we felt the status quo was all that they could offer, not the best enrichment education our kids needed.

Posted September 25, 2010
The faculty and staff make me feel welcome and truly care about my child's wellbeing.

Lutz Elementary School

Posted April 29, 2010
Teachers like mrs.mcglynn gave me hope that may child can achieve her goals.

Lutz Elementary School
202 5th Avenue Southeast, Lutz, FL  33549
Last modified Lutz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.