Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My son's kindergarten and first grade classes have both done very well I think that the teachers provide a fun but structured atmosphere.

My oldest son is in first grade at Maniscalco. We have had an excellent experience. His teachers have been fun, motivating and provide a great line of communication for school/home. He loves going to school and as a volunteer I can say it's a great supportive learning environment. I feel good about sending my younger children in years to come.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

1st grade homework is sent in a weekly packet which is due on Friday. Each assignment takes no longer than 20 minutes (provided my son's attitude is good)

My daughter has had a horrible experience for the last two years. The principle is subpar and my concerns seem to fall on deaf ears.

I love it . It's a great school I do not have any word to express wonderful school they treat my son so good that I am looking for a house around it

Great teachers and staff my daughter loves this school,we are very happy with Maniscalco,we hope you enjoyed Maniscalco too..

It was a nightmare 4 my son, he really need more support ,negative changed teacher; budget issues,plus give a hard time because, he need a IEP to move to a choice program. will not recommend school to nobody.

My sons attended this school and performed very well academically however this was primarily due to their own high abitilty along with parental support. There are serious concerns about inadequate administration, effective teachers leaving the school and the School District ignoring concerns. It is known that many others have left the school including secretaries, guidance counselor, music teachers and media specialist. The PTA Presidents from 2010 -11 and 2009 -10 both removed their children from the school. In addition, the school lost 2 units this school year and 2 units last year and if this trend continues another 2 or more units will be lost again next school year. Speculation has been made concerning the new Lutz Prep Charter School opening and Maniscalco students tranferring there. Fact is, if parents were pleased with Maniscalco, they would not be leaving the school. More parents need to be vocal if any changes will ever be made with administration. Speak up for your children and demand to be heard!

Maniscalco is not what it used to be. I have two children who went there K-5. The best teachers are leaving because of administration. Parent comunication used to be great, but has dwindled. The complaints to the school district are being ignored.

I have 2 children that attend Maniscalco Elementary and I have been very happy. The teachers are great and my children are thriving. I would recommend this school to anyone. It is a shame that a few angry parents have tried to tarnish this school's reputation.

Last modified Maniscalco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.