Denham Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2013
Your students want to wish Principal Mardee Powers a speedy recovery, after having a tumor removed from her insides in October 2013. She missed 2 weeks of school and she WAS missed. Get better soon!

Posted September 03, 2013
We have had a great experience with this school. One of the biggest surprise for me was how involve the principal is. She is always participating like one of us the the events, also is very approchable to parents. Parents and teachers also work together, its a friendly environment. I feel at home. My son started Kindergarten last year and I was so scared leaving him all day in a new place and community I wasn't familiar with. Everything came to place pretty fast. Everyone was helpful and guided us. I love this school and look forward to more years to come.

Posted August 01, 2013
I will have two of my three children at Denham Oaks this year. We are very pleased with this school. The administration is fantastic- great communication with parents. The teachers are wonderful- nurturing & challenging at the same time. There are plenty of social events to get involved in throughout the year. The principal, Mrs. Powers, seems to really have her heart in this school. She's in the car line most days, at every social event, and even answered the phone when I called the school this morning! I have recommended this school to several friends & acquaintances and will continue to do so. I am excited to say that I WILL have all three of my children attending Denham Oaks next year! Keep it up Denham Oaks!!

Posted July 17, 2013
I am truly pleased with Denham Oaks. My daughter just completed her first year there. Her teacher, the principal and every staff member I've encountered takes interest in your child's success and well being. I was hoping my daughter would be challenged enough, but still praised for her achievements and that's exactly what we got.

Denham Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
wonderful school and administration. Teachers have been very good and easily accessible. we have two children at Denham Oaks

Posted May 17, 2013
Teachers and staff are wonderful, understanding to kids. Keep up the great work. Thank you

Posted January 01, 2013
Great school! Very happy with the teachers and staff. Teachers are doing a great job.

Posted November 26, 2012
I have two children enrolled at Denham Oaks, a 5th grader and a kindergartner. I am also a teacher in a secondary level public school. Our whole family loves DOES! The school zones were a major consideration when we bought our home. My husband and I were determined that our children would be able to attend here. I don't know of any other school that tries so hard to involve parents. My children's assignments can be rigorous, but the joy of learning is never stifled. Also, the students have more opportunities for enrichment than I see at other schools. The fine arts are alive and well, not a victim of budget cuts like you see elsewhere. Denham Oaks is a great place for children to learn and grow!

Posted August 13, 2012
I was shocked to see that someone has insulted Mrs. Powers - how inappropraite...My son began in kindergarten and now is entering his final year at Denham Oaks. Mrs. Powers is one of the reasons this school is so great. What principal do you see on the front lines every day - her office door is always open and she takes the time for any concern with students, staff, or parents. I proudly sing the praises of this school and know it well.

Denham Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted June 19, 2011
The ethnicity breakdown is quite accurate and quite telling as I was very disappointed and disturbed by the lack of African-American activities - in particular MLK Day. I quietly inquired and during the entire month of February (Black History Month) I did not see any interactive or participatory activities - not one poster, not any notice of anything. Can anyone explain why? I find it hard to believe that is is simply an oversight.....

Denham Oaks Elementary School
1422 Oak Grove Boulevard, Lutz, FL  33559
Last modified Denham Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denham Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top