Lutz, FL

Posted June 06, 2015
Just finished a great year at Mckitrick! The new after school clubs were a great addition. The faculty and staff were very helpful and communication was key. I had lots of questions which they took time to answer. It's A very bus office and large PTA. I suggest getting involved. Teachers were great too. Traffic is terrible. But can't wait till next year!

Posted March 08, 2015
We also just moved here from out of state and I am very happy with McKitrick. My son went from having 26 kids in his 1st grade class last year to 17 in his 2nd grade class this year. My daughter has just 14 in her kindergarten class. That itself is a huge improvement for us. We are MORE than happy with the teachers they have, we feel like we hit the jackpot. We have had 2 conferences this year for the both of them and feel very knowledgeable on where they are academically. Whenever I contact either one of their teachers via email or agenda, they respond very quickly. My very shy daughter who was nervous about going to school and speaking in general never wants to leave. McKitrick has created a very friendly environment for parents whether you are volunteering or coming in to have lunch with your student. I would also like to acknowledge the music teachers, my son LOVES music and always comes home talking about what he learns. I do wish the kids had recess every day (they don't on days they have P.E.) and specials should be included in kindergarten. I am excited for the next few years, especially for my youngest who will also be able to start her education at this great school!

Mckitrick Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
We are fairly new to Mckitrick School. We came from another state, sadly we have not been impressed with our experience. I recommend before starting your child at this school to introduce yourself to the office staff, this will be your first red flag. The next step, check out the gym teachers during class time. You will find them on their phones, sitting in chairs ALL class long, while the students are running wild in the covered court area. Lastly, try complimenting a class for having a great line and being quiet in the hallway. I had a teacher actually respond with, They are just like little soldiers, aren t they . I am disappointed in the environment of this school, after reading the reviews, I was sold on this being a great school. However, it completely lacks any academic help, mindful happy staff, nor a community based feel. If you happen to have any complaints, forget ever receiving any positive outcome, basically you are dismissed by the teachers, and the principal.

Mckitrick Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2014
We transferred into McKitrick this year from an out of state public school. We are shocked everyday at the callous attitude of the teachers, the complete lack of organization and communication, and the almost total lack of extracurricular activities. I'm not sure what people are thinking when they recommend this school. I'm trying to think of something positive to write to offset the negative, but I honestly can't. We'll be pulling our child out after this year.
4 people found this helpful

Mckitrick Elementary School 3

Posted December 15, 2014
This school is great on the outside, however some of the staff have zero compassion for the children. If your child needs any extra help in academics, this school is not for them. I am highly disappointed in the way this school operates. Test scores, and image matter more than the children.
3 people found this helpful

Mckitrick Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2014
I have had three kids come up through this school. The academics are absolutely great. However, more than half the teachers have had extremely poor attitudes. There are a handful of good ones, yet plenty of them seem as though they wish they didn't have to put up with the profession they chose. They are dredging through the day, snapping at kids for anything that they are annoyed by. They have this crazy "check" system for behavior. The kids even get checks for having fun at lunch time, the only time they can actually talk to their friends. One teacher is called the "check queen." Thanka to her, my child no longer enjoys school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 08, 2014
I am surprised by the negative reviews here - are they talking about the same school my kids go to? I found the teachers outstanding - my kids are very happy here, and are always excited to go to school. This is an excellent school for gifted and motivated kids with no behavioral issues. This school is extremely safe, I would say they go overboard on safety. The teachers we have had are very nurturing, caring and always put the interests of the children ahead of everything. I feel extremely fortunate to be in this zip code!

Mckitrick Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
My 5 year old dropped off by the bus driver in the wrong neighborhood and left wandering around on her own for 45 minutes. Nothing was done by the administration except to tell me it was hard to get bus drivers who want to travel so far north and I shouldn't make too big a fuss because it might jeopardize the neighborhood bus stop. I have to agree with the earlier comment- a school has to be safe first.

Posted June 06, 2014
This is my granddaughter's last year at McKitrick. We both are already missing all the teachers, office workers and Principal. This is an excellent school I will recommended to everybody.

Posted June 05, 2014
My daughter is finishing First Grade and I just want to say that Mckitrick is an excellent PUBLIC school. High involvement from the parents make a huge difference as it's really hard for the teachers to keep the Class A classification that the school has with 17-20 kids per classroom and NO helper. The facilities are always spotless clean, the staff is courteous and friendly, the afterschool program HOST is well organized and help the kids with their homework. Some parents confuse the fact that because the school is located in a middle-high class neighborhood they have the right to expect Private School education (low teacher-student ratio/ music and sports extra curricular activities/ foreign languages lessons,etc). The teachers dedicate a lot of their spare time to prepare the lessons and activities and I couldn't be more grateful for the education my daughter is receiving.

Mckitrick Elementary School
5503 West Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL  33558
Last modified Mckitrick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckitrick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top