August 06, 2015
I am (unfortunately) a student at this school, and, throughout the years I have been here, have noticed countless problems with not only the staff members and teachers, but with the school itself. Just to give you an idea of what being a "student" (or should I say "prisoner") of this school is like, these are among the things I have experienced here:
- In the cafeteria, there is always a staff member yelling at you to "sit down" and "stop wandering around", even though she, along with other staff members, loiter around the cafeteria for the entire lunch period, when there are chairs specifically put in the front of the cafeteria for them to sit in.
- Numerous times whilst outside, I have smelled cigarette smoke. (Note: this did not come from any of the students.)
- In 2013, MMS had a fundraiser, and told parents and students that its proceeds would be used to build a covered walkway for the school. Two years later, this has still not been built.
- On a testing day, I had been absent for the 2 previous days, and my homeroom teacher had failed to mention the time and place I had to take my exam.
- On a testing week, my HR teacher had given us the wrong schedule for the day, so I had to ask the principal which class we had to go to next; he didn't know, and had to ask a student for this information.
- The lock was broken on the "handicapped" bathroom door, and was never fixed.
I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND enrolling your child at MMS!
- submitted by a student