Martinez Middle School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
Martinez Middle School seems to focus to much time on FCAT instead of teaching students about life skills. The teachers seem to hand out good grades even when the students don't earn them. My student isn't handing work in on time, sometimes weeks late and still earns full credit, do they want to set the students up for failure, or do they want to teach them a sense of entitlement because that is what they are doing, there are no consequences for their actions. Is it because teachers now get paid on how the children do in school if that's the case, the next generation will consist of a bunch of adults that will think they don't have to do their part and expect to get paid for it. Some of the teachers reply to emails quickly others don't reply for weeks.

Posted December 17, 2013
Good school socially for sure - this is not my son's first year year there and in our conversations he says he hasn't witnessed any bullying thus far, nor has he heard anyone with drugs or talking about them. With all the craziness out there, that alone would make me happy. It's in a fairly affluent area so you have many involved parents and the upkeep of the school (cleanliness, etc.) is great. The only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is that I don't believe the academics are that challenging. My son is in the most advanced classes possible and it still requires very little effort for him. Math, in particular, is a bit of a weakness. The elementary school next door is known for winning or placing at all the county-wide math competitions and yet Martinez does not do well at all. When taking Algebra 1 Honors as a 7th grader he said it was "all lecture all the time"....it actually lessened his interest and enjoyment of math. Overall I really like the school but I think there is an opportunity to improve the academics.

Posted May 06, 2013
I signed up to get information on the different middle schools. I will be purchasing a house and I thought this would help me make the correct decision on what area I should purchase my home. I only entered this rating because it wouldn't let continue without filling that out.

Posted April 14, 2012
Martinez is a very good school. The bullying here is almost non-existent and MOST everyone is nice to everyone else. The amount of potheads and thieves here are about 1/90th of those of other schools! Most of the teachers are great and very experienced! They know all of the tips and tricks on how to teach the teenagers. The school is pretty strict and has uniforms. Teachers care a great deal about their kids, (i WOULD KNOW) and if they see a distraction, they alert the guidance counselor and change your schedule. Teachers are open and ready for conferences and don't give too much homework overall. Martinez has a very structured curriculum that's challenging to the kids. By 8th grade, about 1/2 the students are taking AP courses! It's been rated an "A" school several years in a row and I don't expect anything less from them. If you want a safe, fun, and challenging learning experience for your kids, Martinez is some of the best they have to offer.

Posted June 12, 2011
We moved to Florida from out of state and chose Lutz area because of Martinez. We have been very pleased with the school. At times I think it is a little easier than the school my daughter went to out of state, but socially she is happy and the kids are good. No bullying. I want her to get a great education in a safe environment and really think Martinez offers just that. Thanks to all the teachers.

Posted February 21, 2011
I disagree with the part about the teachers not being very caring or responding to emails. This is my son's 1st year and he is in all AP classes. I have emailed his teachers and I usually get a response immediately. The principal, however is another story. I could probably get a sit down with Obama easier than with her. She is visible during dismissal, but absolutely unavailable to parents. She is too inexperianced. The Vice Principal woud make a much better head of this school.

Posted October 12, 2010
This is our child's 3rd year at Martinez. She is in all Honours classes . 2 classes, are for high school credit's this year. The kids are expected to do their very best. She loves her teachers, and talks about how the teachers Do care. They do expect the kids to work hard, if not there are concequences.

Martinez Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2010
The teachers are not very caring at this school. There is no parent communication. I send emails and most of the teachers either don't respond at all or finally send a response two or more weeks later.

Posted May 04, 2010

Martinez Middle School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
They excel in every thing they do. It is rated one of the top schools in HIllsborough county. The majority of the students are in honors classes.

Martinez Middle School
5601 West Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL  33558
Last modified Martinez Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martinez Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top