1,684 students|Bay

Bad
Good

I was in the MAPPS program and went to Mosley for two and a half years; I transferred to Bay High after the first semester of my junior year. The people at Mosley are not friendly, this goes for students AND faculty. There are so many cliques that it's nearly impossible to make friends. There are very few teachers that actually care about students. I had problems with teachers even though I was a good student and hardly ever talked in class. I had teachers who assigned so much homework that I couldn't get it done. I had no free time whatsoever, ALL I EVER DID WAS HOMEWORK! This led to my grades going down, I had so much homework that I was exhausted and couldn't finish it all, so I took zeros. The MAPPS coordinator, Paul Durden, didn't help much either. In my history class, the teacher assigned a lot of homework; she punished my class because of three students who talked constantly. She made my class take tests earlier than the rest of her classes(giving us less time to study) as a punishment. On top of that, everyone in the class, except for the few kids who were somehow already experts in US History, had bad grades. Paul Durden came into my class to talk to us because the class had such bad grades. Every time someone tried to tell him why we had such bad grades and how it was due to the way the teacher treated our class, the teacher would blame it on us. Mr. Durden, of course, took the teachers side despite it clearly being her fault. The guidance counselors aren't very understanding, or the one I got sure wasn't. She was very hesitant to change my schedule in any way, she wasn't very nice to me or my parents at all. The only teacher I've met at Mosley who really cares about students is Bruce Taws, he teaches theater and sponsors drama club. I'd say the students involved in drama and theater are the friendliest people at Mosley. You won't be acknowledged much at Mosley unless you're a cheerleader or a football player. Overall, I've had very few good experiences at Mosley and Bay is way better; faculty and students are so much friendlier. I have less homework now and my grades have gone up! I wouldn't recommend going here at all but if you do go to Mosley here's a few teachers to watch out for: Johnny Wade, Melody Bass, Lance King, and Frank Rick Sylvester. I should also mention the water in the water fountains is yellow and it tastes like rust. :/

When we moved to the Lynn Haven area, we had heard so many good things about Mosley High School. However, what we have learned is the past reputation is just that, the past! Some, and I mean only some, of the teachers are willing to help students beyond class room time. The open house we attended was a complete shame. Teachers clearly did not want to be there and announcements during the open house were very rude. No way will we EVER allow our child to continue being educated at Mosley High School. I asked around about some of the school clubs and only a few were recommended, but no one had anything positive to say about the ROTC club or the ROTC class. I should have paid more attention to the more recent comments on Great Schools.net about Mosley. It would have saved me from sending my child to a different high school. Good luck to those that stay enrolled, you'll need it.

My husband and I were so disappointed with the quality of education at Mosley. The school was rather filthy and discipline is a real problem. Nothing wrong with having a dress code, but it's not enforced by some teachers OR administrators, while being OVER enforced by others. Also disappointed with the guidance dept, counselor meetings should be AFTER students have left school for the day. Biggest disappointment though is when the BRAND NEW library is CLOSED to students for testing? Ah, when should a school library EVER be closed to students? Easy answer, NEVER! Students should NEVER be turned away from wanting to check out a book to read, that's what the library is there for! And agree with the previous post, the ROTC is far to militarized to be a high school class. We brought our concerns to the school AND district, but was told more than once "Mosley is our flagship school that needs little to no improvement". After careful consideration, we have decided not to keep our child enrolled in a Bay District public school. Good luck to those that stay enrolled!

Don't take my word for it, check in with the office and then walk the halls of this school in between classes and you will see students wandering the hallways. My child attended this school and needed remedial tutoring in core subjects at the new school. Mapps is a joke, not a college prep program recognized by ANY college. Guidance makes access to counselors very difficult and that's IF the counselor is even there, or seeing students that day. Why again does a counselor have a job? Easy answer, the students! Several of my child's classes, even core classes had "movie day", so the teacher could catch up on grading papers. The school is very old, but it doesn't have to be filthy! Food from students eating is left all over, all of the hallways. And the bathrooms, they are horrible! Urine and worse on the toilet seats, floor, everywhere, all day. When football, basketball and tennis are CURRICULUM CLASSES, who loses? The students, that's who. Students ROUTINELY miss class for sporting events. And the ROTC is NOW militarized instead of a fun learning environment. Best education in Bay Co, Charter schools!

I have had the pleasure of having three of my children attend Mosley High School. It is the best High School in the District! The students, parents, teachers, counselors, administration all value education! I would not hesitate to recommend Mosley to anyone who is looking for a public school that provides a private school education!

2100 students only 170 students are not on A-B honor roll wow very proud parent

teachers are strict about the dress code. its all they care about. the people there are alright. the teachers are cool. the only complaint is how much they care about dress code. ive gotten ISS for it. ISS is really really strict too

This year is my child s first year at Mosley. I was hesitant to send her/him there for several reasons. We visited all the other high schools in the area but she/he insisted on Mosley because of her/his friends. I regret allowing her/him to attend; I know she/he is capable of great success only if she/he has the support both at home and school. This is the first school where I had a teacher actually inform me that she was no longer going to communicate with me due to a miss communication via email. I also see the importance the teachers are reflecting on to our students concerning appearance versus education. As a concerned parent I would hope that teachers/ administration would care more about what is going on at school rather then what the kids are wearing. I have walked the halls and seen / heard things you would see in primetime or at an R rated movies HOWEVER forget to wear a belt and they are all over you. Please if you don t have a calling to be a teacher, to guide our children and care about their potential in life go work somewhere else.

Since the previous principal Bill Husfelt left, the school has went downhill. The new principal is out of touch with the students. The 11th grade counselor does not seem to know what she is doing with scheduling. Always hard to get in touch with. The fees for extracirricular activities are astronomical, and some kids do not get to participate if they do not have the funds.

It has wonder full programs that let my kids earn college credit while in high school and the 90 minute classes are perfect for kids with ADHD

Last modified A. Crawford Mosley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.