PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 03, 2016
Park Maitland School is a wonderful elementary school. I have had children at the school for 12 years and credit the school with instilling a love of learning in both of my children. My daughter, who attended for all eight years, thrived here. She was happy, engaged, encouraged to be creative and learned valuable public speaker, organizational and leadership skills. She is now in high school and has mentioned often how well Park Maitland prepared her. The teachers are excellent; they are engaging, challenging and very responsive to both the students and parents. The school has a wonderful arts and music program as well as an outstanding PE program. I love that my children are exposed to so many different ways to learn and be creative. I know that I speak of only my experience with the school; but the excitement that both of my children (who happen to be very different from one another) have had every morning going to school is a testament to how wonderful Park Maitland School is.

Posted May 02, 2016
Our family has been in attendance at Park Maitland for many years. This school is so enriching in many, many ways. The campus is just so storybook that every time I drive up, I want to go to elementary school all over again! In addition, the teachers and the entire staff there are first rate, top notch and leaders in their fields. Our child has not only flourished there, she has found a family amongst all the grades. The school's academics are not to be matched by any other school. They are preparing them and providing them with skills that they won't get in other schools. They are teaching them organization, planning, and prioritizing, in addition to amazing leadership skills. These are all skills that our child will keep through college and beyond! The staff really cares about the child's development, learning, happiness and well being. I can't think of a better place to send my child and I wish I could've attended Park Maitland too!! You will be making a decision to attend a fabulous institution and you won't regret that decision for one moment. I go to bed every night knowing that I am making the best choice for my child and the future!

Posted April 07, 2016
Park Maitland is beautiful school, facilities are top notch! Faculty hiring process should be done in more selective way especially for K4 level because teachers at this level are below average. They run the school how they want no mater how much impact they are having in children's physiological well-being and the administration seems to turn a blind eye. Favoritism is a prominent issue at Park Maitland and I think is having a negative impact in school's reputation. Favoritism is going to happen in a different ways throughout children's life but having to deal with it at age 4 is very harmful!

Posted March 28, 2016
Subpar academics and teacher quality, particularly in math and science. Lab experience is nonexistent in science - and six months out of nine focused on one science fair project. Math comprehension skills are disregarded. Comprehension skills even in reading are not adequately addressed. As a parent, PM feels more like a social club than a school. Some staff members treat parents and children unprofessionally and without compassion. In our experience, school administrators are unresponsive to parent concerns. Very frustrating, especially when you hear from other parents who have expressed similar complaints. Problems in the classrooms are repeatedly ignored or denied. Families don't come first and are treated as expendable. Over the past few years, only half the students stay for sixth grade and entire families have pulled out of the school. PM is a family owned business, and the owners' presence has been noticeably absent for the past several years, and I'm not sure they are ignorant of the decline and dysfunction or ambivalent and focused on revenue. Just in the past two years they have been asking for "donations" to cover expenses - I feel uncertain about the financial stability of the school even in the short term.

Posted January 06, 2016
Park Maitland didn't meet our expectations, and we lost faith that anyone in charge would make our child's health or academic wellbeing the priority over school politics or revenue. The school lacks strong leadership, intelligent decision making, and a clear purpose. The crowded campus is loosely run, and some older facilities are unexpectedly below average. The curriculum as a whole is outdated, lacks necessary depth, and contrary to what was marketed, several subject areas are at grade level - not above. Lots of rote memorization and special projects (plan on busy work, spoon fed material before tests, lots of fluff) packaged in a rigid, one-size-fits-all-students, departmentalized approach. The math program gets reshuffled every year and needs an overhaul from the top down. The K4 program was a costly joke and mirrored FREE VPK standards offered elsewhere ("Letter People") - the entire year was a regrettable waste of time and money. Limited communication and interaction with teaching staff, except for weekly homework updates on an outdated portal. The school has a conformist culture - your child adapts to their small box of standards - limiting personal, academic, and social growth, as well as school diversity. The older grades are particularly outdated and lacked appropriate maturity in content - my child lost interest. Even the youngest children switch classrooms and teachers throughout the day, and the breaks in between classes is when my child was repeatedly picked on by another student - discipline and supervision were lost in the constant shuffle. Pushy parents play politics and successfully get what they want for their own kids over yours. Plan on being an active advocate for your child. Park Maitland is privately owned and for-profit, and the focus is on generating revenue first and foremost. The owners are rarely on campus, and accountability and oversight are lacking from the top down. PM is very good at marketing a decades-old reputation, but in reality lags behind several other area private schools academically, and didn't deliver what was promised.

Posted May 23, 2015
My son has been attending Park Maitland School since K4. He is now a 5th grader. My husband and I don't have enough wonderful words to describe how amazing this school is! The staff is extremely kind, knowledgeable, sharp, caring, charismatic, and compassionate. Academically, it is impressive and extremely effective. They work with each child individually. If the child is falling behind they offer extra help (support system) before the child even knows and if the child is ahead, they appropriately challenge that child to utilize her/his full potential. Their teaching approach and strategies are very effective, and we could not be more delighted with our choice of having our son at this amazing school!

Posted May 07, 2015
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Park Maitland. My daughters started Park Maitland in 1st and 3rd grades. My girls were in public school previously and they were not challenged and were bored by school. When we moved to Park Maitland, it was a little bit of an adjustment for my older daughter as she had to work harder. Since then, both of my daughters have flourished at Park Maitland. My oldest daughter will graduate 6th grade from Park Maitland this year. It has been the most amazing year for her and the best experience. My older daughter who was shy, leaves as a superstar student, a leader, and a young lady of confidence. I cannot say enough good things about Park Maitland. They teach students to work hard and they gain an incredible work ethic. They also gain public speaking skills. I love that Park Maitland has a strong arts program as well. The girls love the visual arts and performing arts at Park Maitland. Though it is a challenging school, students gain an incredible lifelong work ethic. I am truly grateful for the wonderful teachers and staff. The teachers are truly happy to be there and my children are happy to go to school each and every day.

Posted April 28, 2015
Our daughter started here this February because we were so unhappy with the public school system in FL after moving from VA. We have only the best things to say about Park Maitland. It is an absolutely amazing school in every way and our daughter is thriving there. I have been very impressed with the teachers and administration and am saddened to see one person was able to post so many negative reviews. The school is definitely focused toward the honors and gifted child and is not for everyone. We are so thankful that Park Maitland is an option and that our daughter no longer has to come home everyday disappointed because she failed to learn!

Park Maitland School 2

Posted March 05, 2015
I believe that Park Maitland is a good fit for a certain group of people but not a good fit for the majority of families living in the Orlando area. Like all schools, it has strengths and weaknesses. The teachers there are the shining stars. There are lots of self indulgent families and kids. Many of the kids and their parents that aren't in the group are essentially invisible. We learned to accept the school culture and have graduated and moved on. I know so many families that have since told me that they observed many of the same things and were glad to be gone. I believe you can receive a good education at the school but you might have a kid with a self image problem to go along with it.

Posted February 12, 2015
I'm shocked at that last post/review. It is apparent to me at least that these negative posts are coming from one individual who obviously feels very paranoid about what they are doing. It s pretty bold to accuse someone posting their opinion that disagrees with your own of being too new to know better or being an administrator. I think they are pointing a pretty big finger at their own intentions here. The wonderful thing about choosing a private school is that you "choose" to be there. If you're so unhappy, you should find somewhere else to be. As for my family, we'll stay at Park Maitland! I stand by my opinion as a "seasoned parent"! As a parent, I could not be more pleased with my children's experience at this school. It has been a blessing to have them in a place that is safe, loving, and still academically challenging. I know from experiences at our previous school that sadly this isn't always the case. To say that they have never had a bad day or difficult week would be silly, but I am so thankful that these experiences are happening in a school that wants to help me build their character and learn these life lessons in a caring, compassionate way.

Park Maitland School