Park Maitland School 2

Posted July 01, 2015
Even as recently as three years ago, Park Maitland students left for middle schools well prepared for advanced courses across the board. Unfortunately, over the last three years, that has not been the case in several subject areas including math. Teacher turnover and repeated changes to the program only make matters worse. Each year, the school promises parents in the upper grades they have "fixed" the problem, but nobody in the decision making process is knowledgable enough to do so. My advice to anyone looking at elementary schools would be to call your intended high school of choice and ask where their best candidates are coming from. You might be surprised to find they aren't from the once highly regarded Park Maitland.

Posted May 23, 2015
My son has been attending Park Maitland School since K4. He is now a 5th grader. My husband and I don't have enough wonderful words to describe how amazing this school is! The staff is extremely kind, knowledgeable, sharp, caring, charismatic, and compassionate. Academically, it is impressive and extremely effective. They work with each child individually. If the child is falling behind they offer extra help (support system) before the child even knows and if the child is ahead, they appropriately challenge that child to utilize her/his full potential. Their teaching approach and strategies are very effective, and we could not be more delighted with our choice of having our son at this amazing school!

Posted May 07, 2015
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Park Maitland. My daughters started Park Maitland in 1st and 3rd grades. My girls were in public school previously and they were not challenged and were bored by school. When we moved to Park Maitland, it was a little bit of an adjustment for my older daughter as she had to work harder. Since then, both of my daughters have flourished at Park Maitland. My oldest daughter will graduate 6th grade from Park Maitland this year. It has been the most amazing year for her and the best experience. My older daughter who was shy, leaves as a superstar student, a leader, and a young lady of confidence. I cannot say enough good things about Park Maitland. They teach students to work hard and they gain an incredible work ethic. They also gain public speaking skills. I love that Park Maitland has a strong arts program as well. The girls love the visual arts and performing arts at Park Maitland. Though it is a challenging school, students gain an incredible lifelong work ethic. I am truly grateful for the wonderful teachers and staff. The teachers are truly happy to be there and my children are happy to go to school each and every day.

Posted April 28, 2015
Our daughter started here this February because we were so unhappy with the public school system in FL after moving from VA. We have only the best things to say about Park Maitland. It is an absolutely amazing school in every way and our daughter is thriving there. I have been very impressed with the teachers and administration and am saddened to see one person was able to post so many negative reviews. The school is definitely focused toward the honors and gifted child and is not for everyone. We are so thankful that Park Maitland is an option and that our daughter no longer has to come home everyday disappointed because she failed to learn!

Park Maitland School 2

Posted March 05, 2015
I believe that Park Maitland is a good fit for a certain group of people but not a good fit for the majority of families living in the Orlando area. Like all schools, it has strengths and weaknesses. The teachers there are the shining stars. There are lots of self indulgent families and kids. Many of the kids and their parents that aren't in the group are essentially invisible. We learned to accept the school culture and have graduated and moved on. I know so many families that have since told me that they observed many of the same things and were glad to be gone. I believe you can receive a good education at the school but you might have a kid with a self image problem to go along with it.
9 people found this helpful

Posted February 12, 2015
I'm shocked at that last post/review. It is apparent to me at least that these negative posts are coming from one individual who obviously feels very paranoid about what they are doing. It s pretty bold to accuse someone posting their opinion that disagrees with your own of being too new to know better or being an administrator. I think they are pointing a pretty big finger at their own intentions here. The wonderful thing about choosing a private school is that you "choose" to be there. If you're so unhappy, you should find somewhere else to be. As for my family, we'll stay at Park Maitland! I stand by my opinion as a "seasoned parent"! As a parent, I could not be more pleased with my children's experience at this school. It has been a blessing to have them in a place that is safe, loving, and still academically challenging. I know from experiences at our previous school that sadly this isn't always the case. To say that they have never had a bad day or difficult week would be silly, but I am so thankful that these experiences are happening in a school that wants to help me build their character and learn these life lessons in a caring, compassionate way.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 08, 2015
Wake up and smell the coffee people!!!! Once upon a time, PMS was a fantastic school. We all loved PMS in the younger grades. But at about 4th grade, your eyes are opened. It has nothing to do with being pessimistic. It is reality. The administration doesn't listen to parents' complaints. Ask yourself why less than 1/2 of the 5th graders return for 6th grade!!!! It would so much easier to stay and not change schools!!! Why are we so willing to pay thousands of dollars more for another school!!!! WAKE UP!!! All of these parents can't be wrong.
14 people found this helpful

Park Maitland School 3

Posted November 15, 2014
I have been a parent here for many years, and the school isn't as good as it was years ago. Academics have slipped in some areas, and discipline is lacking. Kids with bad behavior or academic performance are being allowed to stay. Socially - very cliquey especially for the girls. Pushy parents and their kids get what they want. Previous posts are right - they will gladly continue to take your money.
9 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2014
Good morning. I have 2 children at Park maitland. The younger one is having an OK school experience as it has been difficult for her socially. I do regret every day keeping my child at PMS for sixth grade. All of his buddies moved on and the majority (not all) of the boys that remain at PMS are just plain mean. I keep my good face on for him but it really eats me up inside. I'm sure that he will be a much happier kid when he leaves Park maitland.
14 people found this helpful

Posted October 17, 2014
I wrote a review of Park Maitland School in April 2012 after my daughter was asked to make other arrangements for her education by what is in our opinion a deplorable school. I won't go into great detail here, the April 2012 review is still available here if you wish to read it. I felt duty bound to write this update because our daughter is now a virtual "Straight A" student working toward a musical scholarship in another private school that does more than pay lip service to accommodation and academic/social diversity.There is no earthly reason why educational professionals at PMS could not have achieved the same results were they not so obsessed with elitism and making their own lives easy. To be fair - and I always try to be so - if your child falls into the "Park Maitland Mold" then you'll be fine and probably write one of the 5 star reviews you see elsewhere on this page. If however your child is a free thinker, creative, going through an absent minded phase, an only child without older siblings to emulate, or any of the other normal developmental phases children experience, then I would advise you to think carefully before choosing this school.
12 people found this helpful