PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

My three children attend Park Maitland School and they love it. you one in Kinder and Older boys are in fifth grade and staying for sixth grade. I am so impressed with the teachers- they are very well educated and give their 100% to their students. I know how devoted the teachers are because the boys tell me about their day and they talk with so much enthusiam about science- history- makers space- art- PE- and their experience with the ambassadors program: feed the hungry and kudos club which they LOVE. I have been at school and seen my boys with their teacher meditating outside with the students before starting their day; their computer and maker space teacher took the time to help me with the boys Ipads- and got together with them to help them understand and use their iPads responsibly. Their social Studies teacher took time off of his Sunday evening of the presidential debate to create a live online document to have a discussion with the class during the debate. Amazing. Lower division teachers are incredible- my smallest loves his teachers and is always excited to go to school and learn. He is challenged everyday with math homework and I love that they are teaching him to be responsible- he says- mommy I will do my homework and I will call you when i am done! Special kids parades and events are fun for the younger kids and parents are encouraged to participate with the class. Administration staff are devoted to the students and they definitely make sure that the school is running smoothly. You can see the Head of school, directors and Dean of school at all times around the school - and at carpool greeting children and parents. I have seen all members of the administration talking and participating directly with class events and stopping children to ask them how their day has been. Admisnitration encourages leadership and take the time from their day to meet and with the students. I love that my children feel comfortable and confident to approach the administration and schedule a meeting with them because they just want to share an idea! In regards to the quality of education- I give PM 5 stars. when I review homework with the kids I am always so impressed with what they are learning at such a young age. Very impressed with how they integrate technology so they can have the latest information and research. Thank u PM.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a theme they focus on every year- this year is kindness. They teach the students about cheating- taking with respect- lying- and are very strict when talking about following rules.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Devoted teachers- my children know how to handle their work and assignments. Teachers use different types of work and assignments to teach the students the material.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The boys do much of their work at school- homework is mainly math and reading. They do not get overwhelmed with too much work- and they are well prepared to handle all their work bc they do it alone and rarely ask me for help.

There are so many wonderful things to say about Park Maitland. Our son started in K-4 and has loved every moment of it. I particularly like the message of balance that they instill in the kids. This school really teaches students how to be leaders in everyday situations. I have noticed a tremendous amount of confidence in my son across several aspects in his day to day life. For me, the excellence of Park Maotland goes far beyond the curriculum. It's the intangibles that gives my son what he needs to thrive. There is so much personalization and the teachers communicate well to make sure that your child's learning style is catered to. The entire staff is fantastic. Besides being knowledgable, hard working and professional they genuinely care about the children and their development. They instill a curiosity and encourage the children to discover and experiment outside of school. This school sets the foundation for children to make a difference in the world and become tomorrow's leaders. We couldn't have dreamed a better situation.

My kids came to Park Maitland from public school, and has been game-changer in their lives. My son was in 3rd grade when common core was officially adopted and the state test, which was the entire focus of school from January to May. Through that year, his behavior changed in a bad way and he developed some nervous habits. He was not the same kid. Fast forward to his first semester at Park Maitland and his nervous ticks and outbursts disappeared, he was smiling, telling me all about his day and closed up the year by saying, "That was the best year of school I've ever had. I can't even pick a favorite teacher…" And now in 6th grade, he can't stop talking about all the cool stuff he's doing in school. He loves his teachers and that really inspires him to work his hardest, which says a lot about a typical 11 year old boy. My daughter is very passive and sweet and I knew she would get lost in the shuffle of a big public school. She is thriving in the small classes at PM. She needed extra help, they helped her and made it fun. I brought her in late the other day and brought her into PE and she was greeted with a hug from the teacher who was truly happy to see her. To know that this is how she is treated at school makes my heart full. The academics are amazing, small classes mean that each child gets what they need. The curriculum is so much deeper than you'll ever get at public school. But the "specials" (PE, Spanish, Tinkering lab, Smart Tech and the 6th grade electives) and arts concentration has made a phenomenal difference with both of my kids. Drama has been a great outlet for both of my kids, my son loves improv days, my daughter loves dress up days. I struggled with the decision to move my kids to private school and Park Maitland has been the best thing I have done for my kids.

We and our child have experienced Park Maitland to be a gift and exactly what we looked for in the most critical aspect of raising our child: provide the best educational environment we can afford. Our commitment and appreciation for our child's daily experience, not just learning the "content", is reflected by our continued commitment to the long commute. Passion, when combined with expertise, is perhaps the most powerful and effective way for all of us to achieve our professional goals. We find the teachers at PM to possess both. There are variations in every individual, but each year, by far our child has interacted with teachers that are at PM because they are passionate about the subject they teach. We are simply grateful to be in a station in life that allows us choices and ability to offer our child a private school education. We chose PM over other well-reputed options due to the smaller size, and PM's focus on self-management. We fight daily our tendency as current generation of adults in overparenting, and I am humbled daily as I watch my child, learn to plan for the week, know exactly when quizzes and tests are, do what's necessary, and then continue to make sure I don't react /respond/judge and intervene because I as an adult are imposing adult standards of "outcomes" I want my child to achieve. We have been very appreciative of the many families and students in the PM environment, these are families also raising conscientious children who will be "good people". PM's curriculum has been appropriately and highly challenging for our child, in fact, when reflecting on what I learned in 5th grade, I am always amazed I got to where I am professionally with far far less than what my child is experiencing. We appreciate the great balance between core subjects, smart tech, art and music, spanish, and seriously, how many children know how to play cricket? The rare times when I have concerns or questions about either the curriculum or anything else, the administrators and directors of the grade appropriate curriculum are incredibly responsive and open to meet, discuss, formulate plan, and follow up. We have experienced an organization/school which has clear mission, vision, execution, and LOVE for the children/students, above and beyond all else. No school may be "perfect", as no individuals are, but we are grateful for PM each and every day.

Park Maitland School is a wonderful elementary school. I have had children at the school for 12 years and credit the school with instilling a love of learning in both of my children. My daughter, who attended for all eight years, thrived here. She was happy, engaged, encouraged to be creative and learned valuable public speaker, organizational and leadership skills. She is now in high school and has mentioned often how well Park Maitland prepared her. The teachers are excellent; they are engaging, challenging and very responsive to both the students and parents. The school has a wonderful arts and music program as well as an outstanding PE program. I love that my children are exposed to so many different ways to learn and be creative. I know that I speak of only my experience with the school; but the excitement that both of my children (who happen to be very different from one another) have had every morning going to school is a testament to how wonderful Park Maitland School is.

Our family has been in attendance at Park Maitland for many years. This school is so enriching in many, many ways. The campus is just so storybook that every time I drive up, I want to go to elementary school all over again! In addition, the teachers and the entire staff there are first rate, top notch and leaders in their fields. Our child has not only flourished there, she has found a family amongst all the grades. The school's academics are not to be matched by any other school. They are preparing them and providing them with skills that they won't get in other schools. They are teaching them organization, planning, and prioritizing, in addition to amazing leadership skills. These are all skills that our child will keep through college and beyond! The staff really cares about the child's development, learning, happiness and well being. I can't think of a better place to send my child and I wish I could've attended Park Maitland too!! You will be making a decision to attend a fabulous institution and you won't regret that decision for one moment. I go to bed every night knowing that I am making the best choice for my child and the future!

Park Maitland is beautiful school, facilities are top notch! Faculty hiring process should be done in more selective way especially for K4 level because teachers at this level are below average. They run the school how they want no mater how much impact they are having in children's physiological well-being and the administration seems to turn a blind eye. Favoritism is a prominent issue at Park Maitland and I think is having a negative impact in school's reputation. Favoritism is going to happen in a different ways throughout children's life but having to deal with it at age 4 is very harmful!

Last modified Park Maitland School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6