Marco Island Academy 1

Posted November 12, 2014
Horrible school, I would list every reason but I don't believe cyberspace contains enough data space for the amount of failure that school can sum up. This school is a trash it's a joke. I can't rate it lower. A student got choked by another student. The teachers and staff are rude and unprofessional. I can see why the kids who live on the island don't even attend this school and to the people who didn't want the school in the first place you guy were right.

Posted November 09, 2014
MIA is a great school. Students are learning in safe and energetic environment. The administration and teachers truly care about every students success. Go Rays!

Marco Island Academy 2

Posted August 17, 2014
As a retired teacher I would not send my grandchildren to the Academy. I don't believe it's ready for "prime time" and has a way to go. Still not rated well and for a school geared for island students,there is still over 30% off island enrollment for a small student population. Not to mention a turn over of three principals in four years. Don't confuse this with a highly selective prep school which it is not nor should be.

Posted June 22, 2014
I'm so surprised reading these negative comments here because we are having a totally positive experience at MIA! We always had our daughter in private schools before moving here and in a highly selective prep high school in South Florida. To us MIA is giving our daughter academic excellence! MIA has top quality and caring teachers with an administration that cares and are open to speak about any concern with the parents! It is also a safe environment! It may not have all the clubs or sports that other high schools nearby have but they have plenty to choose from and students have the opportunity of starting other clubs. For parents that don't know , This looks better in a college application than just joining a club!!! If you know about education you . Top achieving students can join the AICE program and do dual enrollment and earn college credit! MIA recently got the top grades in all of Collier County in writting!!! An area very important for students to succeed in college!! Let's not put down the only high school in the island and instead lets work together to make it even better!!! After all , it is in our own back yard!!!

Posted April 01, 2014
Marco Island Academy is an incredible school with phenomenal teachers. The school was recently accredited. I am so glad my child is attending this school. It provides a private school quality of education without the cost. It is a public school and tuition-free. I would definitely recommend this school to friends.

Posted January 09, 2014
Marco Island Academy is a truly unique school with talented and caring teachers. My child has attended for two years and has enjoyed the experience immensely. My student's national test scores have been top notch and I have no hesitation that he will be well prepared for success in college. You get what you give at almost any school and this school is no different. If your child is prepared and willing to learn, there is no better place. Student to teacher ratios enhance the opportunity for one on one help and teachers take a real interest in their students.

Marco Island Academy 2

Posted November 02, 2013
School is brand new and not where it needs to be for a juniors and senior class. There has been some turn over of teachers. Policy can be more of a private school at times, than a charter school. Administration needs some adjusting. There is a tight knit group of sophomore/freshman parents at the school that work for the benefit of their students and future students. The school is not accredited but in the process of accreditation. It is pending and should be finalized this year. There is limited curriculum and courses, as the class size and enrollment is small. This school is recognized and follows the same guidelines of Collier County District Schools. Our child enrolled and spent one year at the school. It was acceptable, but not ready for the first senior class of graduating students, he enrolled back to a large public school. Marco Island is a beautiful place, and this school will be fantastic in the future. The school board is "appointed" this is something that needs changed, they are micro-managed an appointed to do a job, and not question only support. The school board should be elected with leaders from the Community. Sports program not varsity has sophomore& freshman.

Posted June 12, 2013
I love this school, my daughter go there since the school open and the education is high, few student for teachers which so good. Every year they adding new course and also new sport features. I'm so happy as a parent whith this school, and I high recomend to everyone to go sign in to this school

Posted January 08, 2013
Excellent staff of highly qualified teachers. I would definitely recommend this school to other parents.

Marco Island Academy
2255 San Marco Rd., Marco Island, FL  34145
Last modified Marco Island Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marco Island Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top