Public charter
Marco Island, FL
After care: No

Posted March 05, 2015
To be a part of our school is to be a part of a family. We are so proud of our school's growth and overall student gains evidenced by our school grade, recent test scores, and students' overall academic and personal achievements. We invite anyone who is interested in learning more about our school to visit our website (www.marcoislandacademy.org) and more importantly, to stop by for a visit. What we are cannot be defined or described in mere words; it is an experience.

Posted January 06, 2015
Marco Island Academy is amazing school. I am a freshmen so this is my first time at the academy. Since I've been at the school i have learned so much, because of the 90 minute blocks you learn more more so you can understand it better. All the teachers and staff members are great!! The teachers are very amazing at there job because they want to make it fun to learn not just sit in one chair for 90 minutes. After being in one semester already getting ready to start my second semester with all different classes is exciting!! The academy is a great school, if you want to make more friends and have a great time the Academy is the school to go. I now that i will have the best time ever over the next 4 years!!!!!!!

Marco Island Academy 3

Posted January 05, 2015
marco island is a small environment ripe with rumors of a mediocre school trying hard but on thin ice. appointed board vs. an elected one so have people who must always agree with the program or be replaced. also always seem to be going to the same pool for contributions to keep it afloat. not even mentioning the physical plant that is less than impressive. a collection of mobile homes. as much as they would like to believe it,a prep school it is not.

Posted January 01, 2015
I am a community member who has been watching from a far as this school was established and began to flourish. Now I have 3 sets of friends who have a total of 4 students currently attending MIA. My friends are extremely happy with this school. They say their kids enjoy the community/family atmosphere of MIA. They don't just feel like a number, but they feel like they really matter. From what the parents tell me, the teachers are intelligent, enthusiastic and really care about the students. Based on the positive feedback I hear from both parents and students, I definitely plan to send my children to MIA once they reach high school age.

Posted January 01, 2015
Marco Island Academy is a wonderful school. The school provides a great curriculum that helps students be their best, and gives them the structure needed to be successful in college. The students are well mannered and respectful. At Marco Island Academy you feel like you belong.

Posted January 01, 2015
Now an 'A'-rated school per FL DOE (with the highest test scores in the District in all save 3 areas), the fully Accredited Academy offers a FL Diploma, Dual Enrollments, and a rigorous Cambridge AICE International Diploma. 100% of its class of 2014 graduated with 90% going on to higher education. STEM classes (with a student/teacher ratio of 19/1) Marine Science, and Resort and Hotel Management (partnering with Marriott Beach Resort) are focal points of the curriculum. Students (who must perform 100 hrs community service) may also participate in Key Club, Interact Club, band, drama, a Shakespeare Festival, math contests, and 16 different sports' teams. MIA is the only Charter school in the world to offer Jean-Michel Cousteau s Ocean s l Future Program with an island specific curriculum written by Cousteau s Director of Education, Dr. Richard Murphy (who, in addition, personally teaches an Ambassadors of the Environment Summer Camp. Seniors are also awarded scholarships to Cornell's Summer Program as donations permit. As MIA expands to its goal of 400 students, so too are the school s offerings and accomplishments.

Posted December 31, 2014
I'm a freshman at Marco Island Academy and I love the school! I'm about to start my second semester and, due to the 90 minute block scheduling, I will have all new classes with all new teachers. The school is run in a very smooth manner, allowing friendships to grow between the staff and students. All the teachers know how to handle themselves and their classes and the lessons are taught with fun methods and excitement. Definitely going to be a memorable four years. I would highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted December 31, 2014
Marco Island Academy is an excellent school with academics as their main focus. The administration and teachers are outstanding and really care about each student. I really appreciate the individual attention and focus on every child achieving their goals. The Academy also offers multiple sports opportunities and have plenty of extra curricular activities too. With a smaller student population it is easy to be involved both as a student and as a parent. I would definitely recommend the Marco Island Academy.

Posted December 29, 2014
Marco Island Academy is an incredible school. My daughter is a freshman this year. The faculty really care about each individual student. The school offers an education that rivals the private schools without any tuition. Plus there are numerous clubs and athletics for the students. I am very happy that I chose this school for my child.

Posted November 09, 2014
MIA is a great school. Students are learning in safe and energetic environment. The administration and teachers truly care about every students success. Go Rays!

Marco Island Academy
2255 San Marco Rd., Marco Island, FL  34145
Last modified Marco Island Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marco Island Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top