Rise Academy School of Science and Technology

Charter | K-8 | 310 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 6, 2014

my school is horrible never send your kid there the techers are horrible the student are bullied they lie about sports and i pads and they have horriable lunch and some teachers are very rasic also they treat your kids very horrible please some one needs to tell broward county about this

Posted January 8, 2014

Rise Academy is an awful school. Its like a jungle of kids because my son has a bunch a trouble with these kids. They curse AND bully him but he knows how to protect himself. The teachers are nice but the food isn't. The only food my son likes is pizza Friday because the buy pizza from Pizza Hut. Every time my son is trying to tell the teacher how the students misbehave, they always call him a snitch. This is the first AND last time in Rise Academy Margate

Posted July 26, 2013

Rise Academy is a horrible school, if you are planning to enroll your child I suggest you run to another school as fast as possible. The FCAT grades just came out and they are an F school. My daughter attended second grade and she will not be going back for third grade. The administration is poorly organized and Dr. Morton was full of empty promises that were never fulfilled. My daughter who is a straight A student and always enjoyed school would beg me to keep her home. She would tell me that the kids were too loud and that the teacher spent more time yelling at the kids then teaching. They did not provide textbooks for the kids the first half of the year. They are out of control and unprofessional. They were more concerned with the appearance of the uniform then the childrens behavior. This was a nightmare for me and my child and I am so happy we are moving on to another school. A school that has already sent me a detailed calendar for the 2012/2013 school year and school supply list. I never received anything like that from Rise.

Posted April 30, 2013

Just further proving my point here, I wrote the last post, so whats to stop the competition that is down the street at Renaissance from accessing this here "legit" system to make a awesome school seem bad?? Think about it, they are fighting for funding by dogging other schools on here, be the wiser and actually check it out for yourselves, you'll see why Rise is the better charter school. Here's some food for thought, Renaissance couldn't even keep a principle for more than a year, so obviously there is no one set person to blame, they just blame the previous administration(sounds familiar huh?? like the presidency??).

Posted April 22, 2013

I HATE THIS SCHOOL AND MY DAUGHTER HATES IT TOO!!!! The teachers are always late but yet the kid get in trouble if they are. The teachers are always on there cell phone in class. There is no playground. My daughter hurt her leg an no one called me and said anything because they said they had no number. Even though I gave it to them 2 times and it is in my daughter agenda. My nephew got stab by a pencil by a little girl who later start drawing on his clothes at school. I found out by the teacher that she got the lesson plan from the dollar store work book. She will not be going here next year this school sucks. They only want the money and I hope they get shut down.

Posted April 21, 2013

Rise Academy in Margate When I enroll my daughter in this school I was told they would be a play ground area for the kids and music classes. This is her second year no play ground and music class. There is no proper supervision for the kids when playing outside. One teacher for 30 kids. My daughter is being bully during the play time and nothing is being done about it. It seems to me Dr. Morton only wants the money for the kids and don't want to provide them the education they deserved. The kids are being given spoiled milk and mold muffins. The lunch is terrible you would'nt feed to animals. I can't wait for the school year to end so I can get my daughter out of this horrible school. She went from loving to go to school to hating school. Something needs to be done for the kids.

Posted February 8, 2013

I thought my grandson was going to excel in this school, but after reading the reviews on this school and what we are going through, I have to say a made a drastic mistake in putting him in there. My grandson always had good grades and scored high every year. Last semester he came home with 2 F's, this semester 6 F's and now I have to take him out in the middle of them giving him the test. I always leave messages also and they don't get returned, terrible communication and well they feel it's always the students fault and as far as the other programs, I haven't seen them either. God help and hoping I could get him back on track. They did a terrible damage to my grandson's year and I hope he didn't lose the year yet!!!

Posted December 12, 2012

HORRIFIC - THE ABSOLUTE WORST EDUCATION EVER! The students are bad, the education is terrible, the employees are fake. It's all about the money they receive from the school board. They don't care about the education, nor do they care about your child. They only care about the money. This place is a joke!

Posted November 13, 2012

Margate School gets scarier and scarier by the day, I hear the Lauderhill campus is worst, but I am mortified with the things I have experienced and heard. This place is TERRIBLE!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 9, 2012

I can't wait to take my son out of this school. Children fight on the school buses. Children fight in the hallways and in the classrooms. Students control the school. There are students in the middle school who can not even write a decent sentence. If you have a child attending school there, you have my pity.

Posted October 16, 2012

How can I rate this school with zero stars? My son was in private school. Someone that I knew told me how excellent the school is and that I should put my son there because they have a science and technology program and being that my son wants to be an engineer, I decided to do it. Well, the school is horrible. My son went from making straight A's to C's, D's and F's. The teachers should not be teaching. Aftercare is a joke. They had a good company doing the aftercare, but the owner fired the company and they used to help the kids with homework, etc. They started taking all of the money and put a lady to help with the kids with their homework and it was like she couldn't count. Everything was incorrect. There were fights just about every day, children in saggy pants, loud mouth little girls wit no matters or respect for adults. I pulled my son from this school after one year and ended up having to send him to Huntington to get him back on track. He's now back in private school. If you are expecting your child to be incarcerated in the future, you should send them here. If you want a respectable, well-mannered child, stay away from this ghetto sham of a school.

Posted October 16, 2012

Do not send your kids to this school. The margate school is so bad. Everything is bad. Teachers are not happy. Parents are not happy. Students are not happy. Your children will not learn anything. I have 2 kids at the school and I am looking to have them in a new school within the next few weeks. A very scary place for your children to be left everyday. Dirty dirty dirty and germ infested with students who look dirty and parents who look just as bad.

Posted October 9, 2012

Rise academy is a horrible school I kept my daughter there because she had a great teacher but after she left (7 weeks) we took our daughter out too! here are the things that they told us she would get a art and performance program , this is only for 3rd graders and up there is no arts teacher , and no music teacher , supposedly they have a music club after school also only available for 3rd graders and up but i have never seen it ! they told us they will offer tutoring after 2 month i have not seen one tutoring class , they do not have a lab or library and the furniture is old !! beside all this things the most disappointing thing is that the administration is very secretive, and there is no communication at all to the point of getting to drop off your child and nobody have the key to open the school or waiting 40 min after-school for your child and nobody knew why the students were not coming out ! after leaving messages after messages for a whole week I still have not received one phone call or any type of information regarding my child teacher leaving or anything !! this is really a bad school ! plus recess and PE are done at the parking lot ! stay away

Posted October 6, 2012

Terrible school. Admin useless. Teachers terrible. They have all the teachers that are either first time teachers with no experience, or teachers who can't find jobs anywhere else. Basically, let the school's scores speak for itself. It is more than apparent that Morton herself wrote the previous reviews (all in the same day) as none of the parents at this school are intelligent enough to speak properly, let alone write a full sentence with proper punctuation. Ebonics amongst the students is the chosen language. Foul language is part of each sentence spoken. Being secretive, or no communication at all, is the form of communication for the staff and admin. The Margate location has problems! Stay away and find a public school with better teachers versus a charter school where you can't get any answers and are left complaining to a single (yes single) board member who makes all the decisions. Ask Morton to see where and how the funds are being allocated, then see the condition of the school and the lack of the necessary equipment to run a school where students are actually receiving an education. What you see and what you get just don't add up.

Posted May 13, 2010

RISE is a wonderful school! Great teachers, science program and atmosphere for students.

Posted May 11, 2010

I am always interested in what the public can do for our future generations and I support the accomplishments of this school. As a non-educator, I share the same vision as that of Dr. Morton and her team of educators. I am just as committed to the success of Rise Academy and cannot seem to get enough of the success stories that are communicated on a regular basis. These much needed resources are certain to guarantee continued success to this school and to the future of our children!

Posted May 11, 2010

Rise Academy, is an innovative cutting edge school of excellence within the science and technology framework. I would highly recommend this school to all parents who seek to expose their children to academic excellence, and a dedicated highly qualified staff of professional educators. Dr.Morton is passionate about the success of all the children in her school.

Posted May 11, 2010

Outstanding curriculum, faculty and staff teaching science and technology to our children from beginning to end, so that we can compete in the world's marketplace.

Posted April 28, 2010

This school is amazing. It introduces students to the advanced sciences in elementary school. We need more RISE Academy Schools of Science & Technology around Broward, around Florida and around the country!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• This school did not receive a grade in 2011-2012.
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• Ms. Carolyn Pikula
Fax number
  • (954) 585-4871

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now