Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 4

Posted August 17, 2015
I just signed up my 2nd grader at RISE and I am really excited for the school year. She did camp at the school over this summer so we could test out the program. She really enjoyed it! I took a tour of the school and was impressed. Ms. Cedras, Ms. Cindy and Dr. Morton have really been great. Can't wait for my little one to start school.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 18, 2015
I do agree with most of the parents, my son went to this school a few years ago when they first opened. The first day of school it was a mess, the school was not finished, so the kids were crammed in that ballroom area where they have church. It was very unorganized, and not much after school activities. I didn't like that the playground was right in front of the school, there was no real play area. I think that is the issue I see a lot with charter schools, because they are usually in a plaza of some sort, they do not have a field or play area. But I will say Ms. Cedras was very kind to my son, knew him by name and she cared about the kids. I don't know if she is still there, but I think it's a real shame. The charter school overall was unorganized and I hope it gets better.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 3

Posted June 18, 2015
My son went to this school when it first opened, and it was very unorganized. The school was not done and they kids were crammed in that other place next door, I think it was a ball room. Ms Cedras was really great with the kids and very caring, but overall the school was not good. I don't think it delivered what it promised as far as science and Tech. The good thing was that they provided transportation,which most charter schools don't. The con about the school is that they didn't have a real playground for the kids. I think that is the big issue with charter schools, a lot of them are in plaza's or shopping malls so they don't have that grass space for the kids to have outdoor activities. They didn't have a gym so the performances were in the cafeteria. I hope they fix it up and get more organized.

Posted April 18, 2015
I used to work at RISE Academy. It has a high teacher turnover rate and employs many of its teachers on a part-time basis with part-time pay even though they are doing full-time work. There are very little consequences for real behavior problem students, and teachers are told over and over that it is their responsibility to control every kid in their classroom - even if that means the innocent students never learn a thing because the teacher's too busy with a situation. There is no bell system, and some teachers are regularly late. (Hey, if you're only getting paid $15K a school year...) The woman acting as the vice principal does not have a good grasp on the English language, and this causes communication issues with staff and students. Dr. Morton rules with an inflexible iron fist...that is, when's she's actually there. (I overhead her tell one new teacher that she wasn't going to meet her "bright and early" because she just doesn't get there that early. She literally scoffed.)

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 3

Posted March 16, 2015
RISE is a good school. I had my concerns at first but after seeing my child perform in the school's production of "Alice in Wonderland" I have been pleasantly surprised. He has really come out of his shell through performing and I am hopeful that RISE programs will continue to do that for him.

Posted August 23, 2014
Horrible school. The person below who left the last comment must be Dr. Morton or Mrs. Smith. The programs that are offered at this "quack of a school" is the bare minimum. There is no dissection AT ALL. What are they dissecting, the roaches in the cafeteria. The performing arts are not offered to all grades. My child did not see the performing arts teacher at all last year. So the positive comments below are all false... The one that horrible, sad but true. Sending my child here was the biggest mistake I ever made.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 5

Posted August 01, 2014
RISE Academy has an awesome program! Kinder takes swim safety glasses, perform dissections and they really challenge the primary grades!!! I am so excited to hear a playground is being built for the kids.

Posted March 06, 2014
my school is horrible never send your kid there the techers are horrible the student are bullied they lie about sports and i pads and they have horriable lunch and some teachers are very rasic also they treat your kids very horrible please some one needs to tell broward county about this

Posted January 08, 2014
Rise Academy is an awful school. Its like a jungle of kids because my son has a bunch a trouble with these kids. They curse AND bully him but he knows how to protect himself. The teachers are nice but the food isn't. The only food my son likes is pizza Friday because the buy pizza from Pizza Hut. Every time my son is trying to tell the teacher how the students misbehave, they always call him a snitch. This is the first AND last time in Rise Academy Margate

Posted July 26, 2013
Rise Academy is a horrible school, if you are planning to enroll your child I suggest you run to another school as fast as possible. The FCAT grades just came out and they are an F school. My daughter attended second grade and she will not be going back for third grade. The administration is poorly organized and Dr. Morton was full of empty promises that were never fulfilled. My daughter who is a straight A student and always enjoyed school would beg me to keep her home. She would tell me that the kids were too loud and that the teacher spent more time yelling at the kids then teaching. They did not provide textbooks for the kids the first half of the year. They are out of control and unprofessional. They were more concerned with the appearance of the uniform then the childrens behavior. This was a nightmare for me and my child and I am so happy we are moving on to another school. A school that has already sent me a detailed calendar for the 2012/2013 school year and school supply list. I never received anything like that from Rise.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology
6101 Northwest 31st Street, Margate, FL  33063
Last modified Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top