275 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They care about the students learning so they work hard and the students learn about a lot of different things

Amount of homework: Agree

some times it seems like too much but thats just me not wanting to stay up and help

Develops character: Agree

The administration is hard but firm. They care about the students and try very hard to be fair. My son is lazy but they know he is capable so they push him.

Great school with a very caring staff. I have had my children at this school since second grade. We moved out of the area in fifth grade and now my child is in seventh at RISE Academy. I am very please with this school.

I just signed up my 2nd grader at RISE and I am really excited for the school year. She did camp at the school over this summer so we could test out the program. She really enjoyed it! I took a tour of the school and was impressed. Ms. Cedras, Ms. Cindy and Dr. Morton have really been great. Can't wait for my little one to start school.

Develops character: Neutral

I do agree with most of the parents, my son went to this school a few years ago when they first opened. The first day of school it was a mess, the school was not finished, so the kids were crammed in that ballroom area where they have church. It was very unorganized, and not much after school activities. I didn't like that the playground was right in front of the school, there was no real play area. I think that is the issue I see a lot with charter schools, because they are usually in a plaza of some sort, they do not have a field or play area. But I will say Ms. Cedras was very kind to my son, knew him by name and she cared about the kids. I don't know if she is still there, but I think it's a real shame. The charter school overall was unorganized and I hope it gets better.

My son went to this school when it first opened, and it was very unorganized. The school was not done and they kids were crammed in that other place next door, I think it was a ball room. Ms Cedras was really great with the kids and very caring, but overall the school was not good. I don't think it delivered what it promised as far as science and Tech. The good thing was that they provided transportation,which most charter schools don't. The con about the school is that they didn't have a real playground for the kids. I think that is the big issue with charter schools, a lot of them are in plaza's or shopping malls so they don't have that grass space for the kids to have outdoor activities. They didn't have a gym so the performances were in the cafeteria. I hope they fix it up and get more organized.

I used to work at RISE Academy. It has a high teacher turnover rate and employs many of its teachers on a part-time basis with part-time pay even though they are doing full-time work. There are very little consequences for real behavior problem students, and teachers are told over and over that it is their responsibility to control every kid in their classroom - even if that means the innocent students never learn a thing because the teacher's too busy with a situation. There is no bell system, and some teachers are regularly late. (Hey, if you're only getting paid $15K a school year...) The woman acting as the vice principal does not have a good grasp on the English language, and this causes communication issues with staff and students. Dr. Morton rules with an inflexible iron fist...that is, when's she's actually there. (I overhead her tell one new teacher that she wasn't going to meet her "bright and early" because she just doesn't get there that early. She literally scoffed.)

RISE is a good school. I had my concerns at first but after seeing my child perform in the school's production of "Alice in Wonderland" I have been pleasantly surprised. He has really come out of his shell through performing and I am hopeful that RISE programs will continue to do that for him.

Horrible school. The person below who left the last comment must be Dr. Morton or Mrs. Smith. The programs that are offered at this "quack of a school" is the bare minimum. There is no dissection AT ALL. What are they dissecting, the roaches in the cafeteria. The performing arts are not offered to all grades. My child did not see the performing arts teacher at all last year. So the positive comments below are all false... The one that horrible, sad but true. Sending my child here was the biggest mistake I ever made.

Last modified Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.