275 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 17, 2015
I want to say thank you to the front office because they listen and care about my children. Everybody in the school is like a teacher to him.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted October 17, 2015
They care about the students learning so they work hard and the students learn about a lot of different things

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 17, 2015
some times it seems like too much but thats just me not wanting to stay up and help

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 17, 2015
yes they work with the students to work hard in school and at tutoring after school. Even in other activities.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 17, 2015
The teachers teach the students about good character traits, respecting themselves and others. Sometimes it hard for some kids

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 17, 2015
They always have something happening that allow the studnts to get involved and be aware of the needs of others.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 17, 2015
The administration is hard but firm. They care about the students and try very hard to be fair. My son is lazy but they know he is capable so they push him.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 5

Posted October 17, 2015
Great school with a very caring staff. I have had my children at this school since second grade. We moved out of the area in fifth grade and now my child is in seventh at RISE Academy. I am very please with this school.

Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology 4

Posted August 17, 2015
I just signed up my 2nd grader at RISE and I am really excited for the school year. She did camp at the school over this summer so we could test out the program. She really enjoyed it! I took a tour of the school and was impressed. Ms. Cedras, Ms. Cindy and Dr. Morton have really been great. Can't wait for my little one to start school.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 18, 2015
I do agree with most of the parents, my son went to this school a few years ago when they first opened. The first day of school it was a mess, the school was not finished, so the kids were crammed in that ballroom area where they have church. It was very unorganized, and not much after school activities. I didn't like that the playground was right in front of the school, there was no real play area. I think that is the issue I see a lot with charter schools, because they are usually in a plaza of some sort, they do not have a field or play area. But I will say Ms. Cedras was very kind to my son, knew him by name and she cared about the kids. I don't know if she is still there, but I think it's a real shame. The charter school overall was unorganized and I hope it gets better.

6101 Northwest 31st Street, Margate, FL  33063
Last modified Rise Academy School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.