1,269 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I can tell some of the teachers are great but others are not. That needs to improve

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much homework because sometimes my kid doesn't want to eat dinner because all the work she has to do.

Develops character: Neutral

it has to start with teachers who are there to teach and guide students. Encourage kids always to be good and that they all have potential to achieve anything in life. Is true kids needs to work for it, sometimes teachers do not know how to deal with it in a correct manner. They need more classes psychology to deal with students. Remember they are growing and most do not have the good teachings at home. I think is a share work parent-student, teacher-student. We are working so this kids have a wonderful future in life and mature properly. Don't think teachers being rude and that do not help kids should be in classrooms. They are more time in school that at home. Teachers need to be good models too. Not only give homework, projects and tests.

School is Ok. Some kids talk bad words like nothing. SELECT PLUS AND STEM good programs. Teachers most of the time do not answer emails or calls when you have a question. Teachers sometimes are really mean to kids, instead of encourage most tell kids that they will never accomplish anything in life because they are shy and get nervous to participate in class. Remember not all childrens are equal some are loud and disrespectful and other shy and respect their teachers. They are all measure the same. Some teachers loose KIDS homework and mark F and most of the time never believe parents or kids that they turn in work. Rude. Food in cafeteria is kind of disgusting, not cooked well and employees doesn't care about when kids complain. Hair in food constantly if they complain they received less food and give the next one double of the food. Like punishment. Should change this method of cafeteria. Employees should know to cook and cook clean, safe food every day, every day. It is possible if they start early to cook. Other countries do it every single day! Food is good only for teachers. Kids are important too! Treat them with respect so they can treat you all the same. It is rude and not polite to ignore parents and kids approach in class and cafeteria when there is a concern. I hope this review will help to understand what happens in school. So far no fight that I know and if something start immediately stop by whoever is in charge at the time. Thanks for the opportunity!

I've gone to this school since 6th grade and I didn't want to go because the rumors but I've found out I liked it a lot, the security is really strict which good, cracking down always on dress code violations and also fights (which never seemed to happen) but also note I've been in the select plus program which are all advance classes but still my friends that are in regular classes seemed to do really good and the classes offered really helped me like Spanish 1 & 2,algebra 1, geometry, speech(public speaking), and also debate all which are high school classes which helped me get credits before I was even close to high school. Over all it's a really good school and safe.

my grandson got a two hour detention for pushing another student down according to the principal, he didnt tell me the child hit my grandson with a bottle and received no detention

I have heard different views about this school and the students and staff. My son is a seventh grader and we are considering this school which is close to our residence. I am a very active parent and want to have my son educated in a safe, open minded and structually academically disciplined environment.

Worst school ever. The teachers could not care less for there students. I hate the fact that I have to send my son there.

My son loves this school but his grades are poor. I have trouble getting good interaction with teachers and know his friends are all doing poorly in classes. The teachers are nice, but I feel this school lacks study skills and followup with parents.

I have a seventh grader at Margate, are the teachers are great, they keep me updated on my son's progress. They are very concerned about their students and try to make their classes engaging. My son loves Margate, he participates in many of the activities they have

Last modified Margate Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.