984 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My child started at the 3rd grade and we have had a wonderful experience so far. He had an awesome teacher, Mrs. Beresovoy, who channeled his energy in a positive direction. She is truly fantastic. The school's principal, Mr. Schroeder is also wonderful as he makes the parents feel welcomed with his warm and charming personality. I'm looking forward to the fourth grade with great expectations.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective as seen in the results obtained by the student's performance and results.

Amount of homework: Agree

Just enough homework is given to the students to keep them occupied and motivated to continue the learning process.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principal and teachers are of high integrity and encourage the students to display same.

From principal Thomas Schroeder all the way down to staff, teachers and PTA this school is awesome! I attended here 30 years ago and I'm happy my daughter is now a proud panther! All staff is a reflection of their bosses and that says wonders about the most kind caring principal I've ever known! #panthers

The principal is hands down the best of the best. Everyday I see him out and about making sure everything is running smooth. Not to mention takes the time to learn every students name! The school is also very active in informing parents on whats going on. The teachers are amazing too. My daughter loved this school and now my son just started K there. So far I'm one happy momma.

The Principal and Assistant Principal are amazing! The teachers are also great! The school in general has wonderful school spirit, activities, and fund raisers the kids really enjoy. However, the teacher's assistants in the morning cafeteria are Mean and Unprofessional! They yell at the children in the morning during breakfast time as though these kids are in some sort of penitentiary center (jail). As parents we work hard to get our children ready for school in the morning, trying to set a positive tone for a great day, just to have it crushed by an "angry at the world " attitude from an assistant. They need more training on how to speak to children! If they do this behavior in front of parents, I can't imagine what they do/say when we aren't there!

We reassigned my son to Margate Elementary School 2 years ago and we couldn't be happier. Very community oriented, the principal is outstanding and my son loves it.

Margate elementary school is a good school.The staff is very helpful and friendly.The teacher's are really down to earth and fun with my children

My daughter just transferred to that school and I don't like that much.. No communication so far between parent/ teacher. No daily activity worksheet her backpack always empty. Parking in the morning is terrible and stressful. When you enter the office administration the staff doesn't look friendly at all. We don't feel welcome and we miss our old school witch it "Bennett elementary school" .

Last modified Margate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.