Margate, FL
Before care: Yes

Atlantic West Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
AWE is a lovely elementary school! The teachers and the office school are very helpful and friendly! My daughter was an ISO student for the year 2012 and truly I can't believe how much she has learned this past year at AWE!

Atlantic West Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2009
There seems to be a lack of discipline in the staff at AWE. They really need to review their dress code for the teachers, I was appalled when I saw what the teachers were wearing. The lack of communication is frustrating and everything seems so unplanned and last minute. Today was the first day of school, there were no notices sent to us prior to school starting. Their excuse was they were trying to save money (it would cost no more than $300 to send each houshold a postcard). In their infinite wisdom, they decided not to have an orientation day this year, needless to say nobody knew who their teachers were nor where their class was. This confusion was easily avoidable, but was not. The school website needs to be made current. Alot of the communications issues could easily be resolved by having current content available on the web.

Posted June 22, 2009

Atlantic West Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted November 07, 2008

Atlantic West Elementary School 0

Posted November 04, 2008
I'm not too thrilled with the staff. I'm also disappointed with the funding or lack of funding needed to provide these children with the tools and knowledge necessary to advance to the next grade level. It seems more acceptable for a child to fail and repeat a grade then to provide them with every opportunity necessary to further their education.

Atlantic West Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
I am excited to say my son started his 1st day of Kindergarton today at Atlantic West. I have to say I was very nervous because of the reputation of the middle school in Margate. I thought it may have simular problems and i envied the children who went to Coral Springs schools. I have to say much to my surpise i feel calm and confident because of the warm welcome and kindred spirit Miss Smith offered us. From the meet in greet to the 1st day of school she warmed the air in the class and made me feel great. She appears to be a great teacher so far! Thank you

Posted June 27, 2008

Atlantic West Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2005
Although the school is organized and most of the staff seem nice, the school lacks family events. Unfortunetaly parents are not involved and is hard to keep contact with the kids outside of school. Overall Atlantic West is a good school, but could use some improvement in promoting parents to be involved

Posted October 20, 2005

Atlantic West Elementary School
301 Northwest 69th Terrace, Margate, FL  33063
Last modified Atlantic West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top