Atlantic West Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
AWE is a lovely elementary school! The teachers and the office school are very helpful and friendly! My daughter was an ISO student for the year 2012 and truly I can't believe how much she has learned this past year at AWE!

Atlantic West Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2009
There seems to be a lack of discipline in the staff at AWE. They really need to review their dress code for the teachers, I was appalled when I saw what the teachers were wearing. The lack of communication is frustrating and everything seems so unplanned and last minute. Today was the first day of school, there were no notices sent to us prior to school starting. Their excuse was they were trying to save money (it would cost no more than $300 to send each houshold a postcard). In their infinite wisdom, they decided not to have an orientation day this year, needless to say nobody knew who their teachers were nor where their class was. This confusion was easily avoidable, but was not. The school website needs to be made current. Alot of the communications issues could easily be resolved by having current content available on the web.

Posted November 04, 2008
I'm not too thrilled with the staff. I'm also disappointed with the funding or lack of funding needed to provide these children with the tools and knowledge necessary to advance to the next grade level. It seems more acceptable for a child to fail and repeat a grade then to provide them with every opportunity necessary to further their education.

Posted August 20, 2008
I am excited to say my son started his 1st day of Kindergarton today at Atlantic West. I have to say I was very nervous because of the reputation of the middle school in Margate. I thought it may have simular problems and i envied the children who went to Coral Springs schools. I have to say much to my surpise i feel calm and confident because of the warm welcome and kindred spirit Miss Smith offered us. From the meet in greet to the 1st day of school she warmed the air in the class and made me feel great. She appears to be a great teacher so far! Thank you

Atlantic West Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2005
Although the school is organized and most of the staff seem nice, the school lacks family events. Unfortunetaly parents are not involved and is hard to keep contact with the kids outside of school. Overall Atlantic West is a good school, but could use some improvement in promoting parents to be involved

Posted June 25, 2005
This was my first year involved with AWE. I found the experience to be a great one. My son went to Kindergarten in 2004/05. Mrs. Smith was a great teacher. My son learned a tremendous amount in math, reading and social skills. He had art, music and PE and enjoyed each experience very much. The PTA is great! I had the pleasure of volunteering a lot of hours in many different capacities and was welcomed in each area, from classroom participation to helping with Sunshine Math and many other opportunities. The office staff is friendly and the lunch staff seemed very helpful to the kids. They just completed a new building that will open this year. I am looking forward to 7 more years there, since my daughter will start kindergarten there in 2006/07. The only drawback I have found so far is they have no pre-k program.

Posted May 17, 2005
All 3 of my children attended Atlantic West Elementary. My daughter leaves for middle school this year. The teachers and administrative support staff are the best that I have seen. They all know each student by name and recognize parents when they see them. They strive for academic excellence and promote each students' strengths. My children were heavily involved with the music and art programs and the teachers were and still are very dedicated. As I was not as involved with the school as some of the other parents because I work a lot, the school is full of parent participation and a lot of the parents work at the school.

Atlantic West Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2004
I moved from Coral Springs into Margate so I had to register my kids in the boundary school here. I tried to keep them at Coral Springs but unfortunately I was told with the class size reduction I was denied. My main concern is that I dont like the system at Atlantic West at all. At Hunt elementary the school is fence in and not even parents are allowed to go into the building at 8:00 only the students.The gates and doors are locked and the only entrance is the office door. My main concern is my youngest daughter just started the 2nd grade and her class is in a portable away from the building. When she has to use the bathroom she has to walk all the way to the building without supervision. I dont think it is safe at all.

Posted June 16, 2003
both of my children went here. they went on to middle school and both were accepted into an all-magnet program high school. their good study habits and foundational learning came from Atlantic West and I am grateful to the principal and all their teachers for shaping them well to meet the demands of their progression in their educational life. Plus, they like school, something that was also instilled in them at Atlantic West.

301 Northwest 69th Terrace, Margate, FL  33063
Last modified Atlantic West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top