Margate, FL

Posted July 22, 2014
My daughter is going to the second grade and has been at Phyl's since she was 10 months. She started off at the Miramar campus and is currently attending the Margate campus. Overall, the level of education that these students are receiving surpasses what all of the public schools have to offer. I am a public school teacher. My daughter is 1 grade level academically higher than many kids her age. Her cousin also received her foundation there and when she went to public school, she was promoted to the next grade level . WE are NOT JAMAICAN and my daughter is never overlooked nor have I known there to be any favoritism. As a matter of fact she is very much loved by the staff at both campuses. The Miramar campus is excellent about keeping parents informed. However the Margate campus needs become more effective at communicating with ALL parents especially the ones that commute from Miramar and Pembroke Pines. I love the lunch program and the extra-curricular activities that they offer the students.

Posted August 29, 2013
I just registered my child for VPK and I am un-enrolling him. There is no communication between the parent and Administrators. I had to call and find out when school starts, where to buy uniforms and what is expected from me. The only communication you will receive is when the tuition is due....at THAT time they will find you telephone #, email and address but they will not do that with basic school information(i.e- when school begins, lunch info and the school calendar). I am Disappointed because I wanted to also send my 2nd child there but I cannot take things lightly when it comes to my child's education. Are you kidding me?? Please also note that you are paying out the nose for your child's education and you expect a certain level of communication but that is SEVERELY missing from this school. If you send 2 children there you are paying over $1600 per month for something that other private schools in Broward offer(Excelsior, Sawgrass Elementary, Nova, Pinecrest or American Heritage). I have come to understand that when spending money on private schools paying a little more makes a big difference!!!!!! -CONCERNED PARENT AND ANGRY CUSTOMER

Posted November 05, 2012
This school is one of the best schools in the county when it comes to learning. There is a family atmosphere and the children are known by their names. Yes, the fees may have increased in the past years but when compared to other private schools they ae still one of the most affordable. The students are entered in county competitions, Spelling Bees and so on and they are always placed in the top. Yes, majority of the staff is from the Caribbean, however there is great discipline, the teaching and the lunch program are all excellent!

Posted October 16, 2012
My daughter attends for her VPK i would not recommend you send your little ones here because the school needs to do better in all aspects especially when it comes to the little ones. I believed the hype and enrolled her early but there is no difference between here and any other decent vpk program. As they are private you must pay for anything and everything even lunch which is free everywhere else. On fridays if your child hasn't paid for popsicles better believe they will allow your child to sit there and watch other kids eat it. Its a shame how they don't keep you informed and you MUST be on top of everything of else you will be left out without warning so if you must send your children here where you better be from JAmaica or else you MUST keep a keen eye for all things relating to your child.

Posted April 20, 2012
My son attends now and my daughter atttended years ago. I think It was better back then. The school needs a serious upgrade. The registration fees are ridiculous!!!!!!!!! They should at leat transfer some of the money for the returning students. That is the only reason that I am not sending my son there for kindergarten. I would just take advantage of the free VPK and find a better, upgraded private school with a less teacher to student ratio for the same price!!! I'm sure other parents feel the same way!

Phyl's Academy 3

Posted January 08, 2012
My kids attended Phyl's for over 6yrs, i came to realized that the school is great for early learning; I was not impressed with the 25 kids in a classroom, lack of communications, the hike in the registration fee & the lack of usage of thechnology and science. The staffs have favoritism and are sometimes bias and unprofessional. I think this is a just overated school.

Phyl's Academy 4

Posted June 13, 2011
Phyl's is a good school but their registration fee is too high. Their class size needs to be smaller. I am paying for a private school not a public school. Most classes have over twenty kids.

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted October 17, 2009
Excellent school curriculum. My daughter is three years old and I am happy with the progress she has made since going to Phyls in the last 10months. The teachers do have a genuine interest in your child's learning and development.

Phyl's Academy 4

Posted June 05, 2009
Phyl's has been a great experience for 2 of my children who have been there for the past 2 years. They attended preschool there, but the cost for them to continue is beyond what I can afford. Overall, they had an excellent experience and one of them has already started reading. I think that the homework, at times, is too challenging for them but overall this school has given them a great foundation. I still have a another toddler who will be continuing at Phyl's. I highly recommend it.

Phyl's Academy