850 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My nephew goes to this school and he came fm Astatula elementary. He was originally behind for his grade level. Now he's in second grade and is reading at a fifth grade level. He had improved drastically.

I loved Mascotte School this year. I had a 4th grader and kindergartener and they loved it. They rarely had a bad thing to say. I loved everyone from the staff, teachers, and other parents I met. Lots of fun activities for the kids to be involved in and rewards for them to be proud of themselves. I would definately recommend this school and will miss it greatly!

My son attended VPK, Kindergarten, and is now in 1st grade at Mascotte Elementary Charter. Our experience here has been average. Not horrible, not great, just average. PROS: The school has been rated an A+ school once again this year and because this is a small community, there is a decent amount of community and parent involvement. The school also sponsors many activities and events for students/parents. They have bilingual staff to assist students/parents that speak Spanish as their 1st language. CONS: Personally, I find that in the school's pursuits to have "no child left behind" and maintain their A+ status, efforts and resources are mainly focused on bringing skill-levels up to meet minimum passing standards. Students with the skills and/or curiosity that exceed the average have little to gain while they wait for peers to catch up. My son is a fast learner but the school does not have a program, curriculum, resources etc. to keep him interested or challenged. Parents are given access to extra materials to work on at home, but teachers are not allowed to give extra work besides what is given to the class. This could be the norm for many schools but I can't compare.

The staff is great with the kids and parents alike.

I have two children there and another one that is in Middle School now. They have wonderful teachers and team. I am very proud!

I think mascotte elem is a pretty great schol any concerns i have always getsresolved quick

I also think this is an amazing school. Since I've moved to Florida I was afraid of the day my child would go to school because I just didn't like the school system in Fl, putting so much preasure on teachers and children because of a test/school rating. Little by little I've been put at ease by this school and their administration. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. I have noticed though that some lunch room aids put a lot pressure on the smaller children while eating. Besides that, keep up the excellent work!

i think this is an amazing school.. teachers work extremely hard and the new administration there is second to none. new goals are being reached yearly and mascotte is now a 'b' school. great job to the teachers and students for all their hard work. with the new school in the works the students at mascotte will have something to be proud of. this school is going in the right direction.

This school needs to practice what they preach. Listen to the children with respect, don't shut them up. If you treat a kid like he is bad, he thinks he is bad. The teachers are pretty good, it is the office staff that's out of touch. The Vice Principal needs a lesson in manners and respect. When you are confronted with a problem, face it. Don't hide behind the children. Worry more about teaching and a little less about how much money our kids can make for you. That's what I pay taxes for.

Last modified Mascotte Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.