629 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

My sons have been attending this school for the last 3 years and they have had amazing teachers. I have not felt that they were only taught how to achieve a high score on an FCAT. I volunteer a LOT and have been impressed by what I see going on in the classrooms. The communication with parents has been really wonderful as well.

Exceptional support for our child. Office staff is warm and inviting with the exception of one particular office member whose attitude leans toward an air of rudeness. Teachers and Principal are supportive and Mr. Reid will be missed.

Suntree is a great school! We purchased a home specifically so my children could attend here. One of my children was there for 2 yrs before moving on to West Shore for jr high. She was well prepared at Suntree for the college prep focus at West Shore. My other child is still at Suntree and very doing well. Suntree has some exceptional teachers. The gifted program is large and the gifted teacher really gives the students activities to foster team building and creative thinking. Suntree has a great music program with a large number of students participating. Many parents are involved and the PTA puts on events like a Fall Festival to raise funds for the school throughout the year. The enrichments offered through after care are above and beyond what other public schools offer.

There's too much pressure on students to produce high FCAT scores. Beware of Suntree's high voluntary retention rate in 2nd grade which gives the school another year to get these students up to grade to produce high 3rd grade FCAT scores. Some schools are gaming the FCAT with our kids. Instead of providing academic support to struggling students, retention is usually recommended. Administration and teachers are approachable and friendly. There is great parent involvement and participation.

This is a great school!! It seems as though it is hard to please EVERYONE. Every school will have parents who complain about something, so keep that in mind. I have had a great experience the past 2 years. My sons 2 teachers communicated very well, and encouraged parent involvement. I have no complaints about their administrative staff or after school child care staff. I have a friend who got re-zoned to Long Leaf and she said Suntree was a much better experience. We moved to this location for this school, and we couldn't be happier! My daughter starts Kindergarten next year, and I can't wait for her to have the same Kindergarten teacher as my son, Ms. King.

This is a good school but other areas schools are better, Quest & Longleaf, in particular. The music program is horrid. The academics are good, but they have a high "voluntary" retention rate because they really encourage repeating grade in the early years to avoid problems (that don't exist) from happening later. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

Academically the school teaches to the average student. After switching from Suntree to another Brevard school my son's overall academic level went from average to excellent, and his reading level went from below average to above average. The administration is unapproachable and rigid, and seem more concerned about test scores and school image than the students. There are many involved parents, which helps, but many Brevard schools have this element.

Regarding 'FCAT-focused' curriculum, the beachside schools are no less guilty than anywhere else in the area - I'm moving from beachside and was disappointed that the beachside hype was not justified. Based on the numerous reviews I've read, it looks like you'll have to choose a school based on factors such staff experience, test scores and parent reviews.

Pretty good school. Needs to expand, though. More teachers would be nice too.

I go to Suntree Elementary and I know for a fact that not all of the teachers are 'overly focused' on FCAT. I'm in Fourth Grade I my teachers are teaching me better than fine. The beachside schools are the one's I don't like. And besides, I got a great score on my FCAT! Take that, parents!

Last modified Suntree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.