Melbourne, FL
Students enrolled: 1,553

Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School 1

Posted March 17, 2015
To say I am disappointed in this school would be a gross understatement! My oldest has been in PBMH for three years, and in that time has had 3+ guidance counselors! The turnover in staff is alarming! The administration is completely inattentive and apathetic. Bullying is a huge problem - far more than "typical" bullying issues. It was so bad I chose to send my younger daughter to a different high school in the county - well worth the drive to keep her from the filth at PBMH. The "magnet" program is a complete joke. There is NO teaching going on at this school - just putting out "fires" (literal and metaphorical) and babysitting. I feel sorry for the handful of decent teachers who are struggling to work with the kids at this school. Do not send you child here!!

Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
The school is unorganized, the staff seems uninformed and the principal is MIA (ever heard of communicating with parents??). The curriculum, even AP, is not challenging. Too much focus on the FCAT in the non-honors and non-AP classes. Some of the teachers and counselors are great but the school desperately needs a real school leader at the helm. A lack of enthusiasm about being in the business of educating kids permeates the entire building.

Posted January 31, 2011
Best in academics, athletics, and everything else! My sister and I both went there and both graduated from college. There are bad seeds at every school but there is such a wealth of clubs and academics to be involved with, it was never a problem! GO PIRATES!!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Good teachers help kids get good grades on AP courses.

Posted November 07, 2008
I went to Palm Bay High School in the 70's, My oldest Children 25, 22, 17 have either attended and graduated, or are attending and about to graduate, and they all love it to death. PBHS is a great school, and deserves to be a 9. Go out and support the Theater program, and all the other fantastic student programs at Palm bay High School. Pirate Pride!!

Posted April 07, 2008
I attended this school, and I had a great time. There are more then enough school activities to get involved in. They have great sports teams and wonderful school spirit. The teachers are some of the best I have ever had. GO PIRATES!

Posted February 25, 2008
Great school! I was involved in sports, culinary and the law academy. Palm Bay High allows all students the opportunity to develop into well rounded individuals. Go Pirates!

Posted June 06, 2006
The school is all around good

Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School 4

Posted November 28, 2005
At palm bay there is a great football team and the kids are usually nice and good-humored the teachers are strict and kind to some degree, but that just helps you learn more.When I first arrived I felt right at home and I fit in a lot better than at my previous schools.

Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School 3

Posted September 13, 2005
I think palm bay high school is a good school, other than the fact that the kids are a little crazy. There academic system is okay, they should control the kids more than they do.

101 Pirate Lane, Melbourne, FL  32901
Last modified Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Bay Magnet Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top