635 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Now many would hold off on the idea of enrolling their child in this school because of the neighborhood children that come from all walks of life. BUT as an alumni, college graduate and proud parent, I brought my daughter back to this school because the front desk administrative assistant CARES. a fourth grade teacher CARES. and the ASSISTANT principle CARES. They don't have the best funding, there are SOME TERRIBLE kids and TERRIBLE parents, BUT, OVERALL, it is a wonderful school. It is dirty sometimes, it is disorganized and messy sometimes but OVERALL, the ADMIN that I know CARES about children. Maybe you can come and HELP them instead of leaving BAD comments. I've had different teachers, some great at classroom management and some not, but overall, they were GREAT teachers who EMBRACE DIVERSITY !! Great Melting Pot School..... Broaden your Kids Horizons. If there is a bully, sit in the classroom, stay in the office, If there is too much disruptions, volunteer to HELP your teacher.

because my children go there and their teachers (mrs.moore n ms.meagan)are excellent

I receive kind words from office upon my entrance to check my son out. Everyone is friendly and the small size makes it like a family. Teachers do seem to care. The principals work hard to do what is best, and have always treated me like a real person. Coming from another school up north that was in a different socio-economic environment- this school here is far superior. The school my son went to up north was uptight and stuffy. The teachers treated you like you were a disturbance and the office didn't have time for you. University Park is not that way. Very accomodating. 5 star.

Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it. My son has started his second year at U Park (first grade), and is doing well. The teachers are very solid and the rest of the staff is very supportive. I stay active in the school and take the team approach with the teachers. Incidents involving bullies have happened, but were dealt with quickly, fairly, and decisively. Active parents make for successful students.

We are new to this area and bought a brand new house in a great neighborhood and therefore were not concerned about what school we would be zoned for. Big mistake. Although the teachers here seem dedicated and have been great, the school itself is horrible. My son has been bullied the entire year and our daughter has been subjected to violent students in her classroom. We are desperately trying to get our kids out of this school. Beware newcomers to the area and check out school zoning before you buy your next home!

My son is excelling at University Park. All the teachers are excellent, and involved with the students. Because of the class size, and Title I programs, my son gets the individual attention he needs.

Last modified University Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.