Posted September 17, 2013
I was very leary when switching my children from Charter schools to public schools but I did not have any other option. My daughter has been at Stone for 2 years now and I love it and can not wait for my son to go there next year. All of the teachers and administration have been great. The school offers just the right balance of programs for all different learning levels. The AVID program is prepareing the students now school wide for a college education and even if they chose not to attend college the orgainizational skills can be used throught out everyday life. I tell everyone the same thing-never judge a book by its cover!!

Posted March 04, 2012
I used to fear having my children attend any public school. They started out at an expensive private school until they were in 1st and 3rd grade when we could no longer afford the tuition. My son is now in 7th grade at Stone and he loves it. The staff is excellent, parent involvement is very very high, and I know he is getting a quality education. I feel that he is quite safe there. I don't live in the surrounding neighborhood but I think of it as a neighborhood just like any other. I also attended Stone myself in the '80s. It is an excellent school and anyone who is wondering, I would encourage them to do the research, talk to Stone parents, and not believe negative hearsay or comments from people who too afraid to venture outside of their gated community to recognize that this is a great school. Every encounter I've had with the staff and other parents has given me only positive feelings that this is a school that cares about its students in a community that also cares.

Posted December 07, 2011
Despite what others may think about Stone, because of its location, it is a fantastic school. All of the teachers love their jobs and enjoy teaching. I am an 8th grader in the Science and Technology Choice Program and both the 7th and 8th grade choice teachers are wonderful. The work is challenging enough to make you think, but not that hard that you will get really stressed over it. The academic programs are challenging and suits your needs. The principal has really done this school good and the staff greets anybody who walks in the front office and helps students with anything that they need. There hasn't been any lock downs at this school since I have been here. The guidance counslers help you with anything that you need and they will try to be there for you when you need to talk to them. The extra-curricular activities include: National Junior Honor Society, Beta Club, History Club, Track, Basketball for both girls and boys, and Spanish Club. The elective teachers our great and there are a variety of electives that you could take spanning from Gym to Drama. Stone MS is a wonderful school and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great middle school to go to!

Posted June 05, 2010
I attended Stone MS...I actually left West Shore JR/SR HS to come to stone after 7th grade because Stone cared more about its students. It's science program is a must for almost every middle schooler. I met some of the best people at Stone. Principal Johnson and former Principal Cool transformed Stone into a great place. However, this past year it was on lockdown atleast 3 times because of shootings in the neighborhood (as my brother attended it). Stone is a great school despite what others think of its location and quality

Stone Magnet Middle School 1

Posted February 21, 2010
I had 2 daughters attend Stone Middle School, and although they received A's and a few B's, the staff CAN NOT be credited with this. This school is why we decided to move out of the district. The school location is simialar to what you would expect to see in a 'Third World Country'. My daughters NEVER felt SAFE there............ENOUGH SAID!

Stone Magnet Middle School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
My daughter is a 7th grader in the choice program. She had been there half a year and she loves it. The administration is doing a great job organizing events and fundraisers to keep up the school spirit and budget. The staff is very involved in extra school activities to connect and inform the school whereabouts to the students' families. They have teams and after school practices for all the competitions available and they bring lots of awards home because it is a great school. Teachers are highly qualified and dedicated.

Stone Magnet Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter is new there this year 7th grade and she absolutely loves it.The teachers are wonderful very enthusiastic,deticated,and seem to just love doing what they do.We are very pleased :)

Posted May 14, 2009
I have never seen a school with such a huge parent-involvement program. I was greeted warmly and the principal and vice principal made time to speak with me. I received a tour of the school and found a very diverse population. The teachers were enthusiastic about bragging about their students and all their achievements. Phenomenal!

Posted April 05, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009
My two sons have went to this school and they loved it i highly reccomened this school to anyone

Stone Magnet Middle School
1101 East University Boulevard, Melbourne, FL  32901
Last modified Stone Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stone Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top