956 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Westshore is an amazing school. When my wife and I are there talking to teachers and administrators, the attitude and atmosphere remind me of college. They are serious! They expect a lot out of their students, they put a lot into their students, and the students produce a lot. I know acceptance into the school is a lottery, and the applicants must meet certain requirements, but if you live anywhere near Melbourne, there is NO reason to not apply.

Westshore is an excellent school. Their motto is excellence achieved and they do live up to it. Excellent administration, excellent teachers, excellent students, and excellent parent involvement. By far the best public jr/sr high school in Brevard. It is also up there in rankings in the state of Florida and the nation. To attend students have to get a slot based on a lottery system and there is always a large waiting list. Academics are definitely #1 at Westshore. Go Wildcats!

Awesome school. The best in Florida. The teachers are very dedicated and the administration is all for education. It is the only high school in Florida awarded a blue ribbon award this year.

West Shore is an amazing! I love it here! I love the teachers and faculty. The new building is awesome and is a great addition to the campus, its beautiful. We really work hard here and should be shown more credit! 54 in the country! Awesome!

Excellent school for 7th and 8th grade... I mean they really prepare your child for high school (i.e 9th grade), although they are more academically concentration, but they have plenty of fun. This school gets all the awards, Blue Ribbon, made in Top 100 list in the nation. Most of the kids are very smart and eligible to either Harvard or MIT etc. Go Wild Cats

West shore is a great school, and what makes it an excellent school is parent involvement. We are always there day and even evenings, we help, support, donate, pickup, clean up, provide transportation and donate thousands of dollars each year to our school. There are some excellent teachers and staff and parents and administration work well together. We still need to work on our sense of pride and spirit, but we are coming along. On the down side...Too much homework for the students on a daily basis!!!!!!

I graduated from West Shore in '06. It was a very stressful time for me, but I am now in my junior year in college and it is such a breeze. I was overly prepared for university life, thanks to West Shore. Although I did miss football games and the like, I'm getting plenty of that in college now!

This school has many great qualities but, like all schools there are problems too. Can be a little bit too stressful for some of the kids to do well. Overall though the school is great. Mr. Fleming has been a great addition to the school.. Mr. Dedmon too! I expect each year to get better and better with both of them in the administration... really need to make all the teachers provide information on the website. As accelerated as the school is you would think that more teachers would utilize the internet. Would make like much easier for students and parents!

Last modified Westshore Junior/Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.