PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

After experiencing the local public schools, we placed our child in Ascension. The school is extremely well run, has excellent teachers, and a staff that will go out of their way to assist. This Catholic based school is the best of the best. You will absolutely love this school.

Great School! Principal and staff are amazing. The children are respectful and well educated. We definitely recommend this school.

I am a kid that goes to a public school and my little brother goes to ascension. They push the kids WAY TO HARD compared to a blue ribbon school. My school has very high standards and he still has to do harder work then I did in his grade. Also, one day I came home from 4th grade and he was in 1st grade, I found out we learned the same lesson that day. It also turns out that my father said he learned that lesson in 7th grade! This school also has a number of bullies. My brother comes home everyday saying someone pushed him or verbally abused him and the TEACHERS DIDN'T CARE! Also te amount of homework is crazy! Today he came home and spent 3 hours on his homework! He was super focused I could tell, and still! I suggest NEVER sending you child here till they change.

Ascension Catholic School is an extremely committed and caring community of safety and excellence of academics, athletics, and focus on the arts. The teachers encourage and nurture students to be their best and to work on being outstanding future members of society. I know this because I am a student! The administration is wonderful, with their anti-bullying motives and love towards God. The religious fusion into other subjects is awesome and I couldn't be happier!

My son attended Ascension from PK-8 and is now at Melbourne Central Catholic High School, my daughter has been here since PK and is now going into the 6th grade. My experience with this school has been wonderful. The teachers, principal and administrators are very caring, educated, and just plain awesome and the parents here are very involved. I feel the education my kids are receiving (or received) is above average and well prepares them for high school. I am so happy I chose to send my kids here. It has been a financial sacrifice but worth every penny. I would recommend Ascension to anyone.

School is so good, values, discipline, people...my son loves it!!! He's been there since VPK and now hi's on first grade.

What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful school for our children. The principal, staff, and teachers are a group that provides a positive, loving environment in which our children are provided a stellar education. If you have ever considered looking into a Catholic school.... This is it!

I am the parent of a child enrolled at Ascension and i love it! Having recently relocated to Melbourne I was concerned about the quality of education my child would receive at the local parish school. As it turns out I had no reason to fear...this school supercedes my expectations! My child's teachers are phenomenal and she has learned so much in such a short period of time. The school administration and staff are warm and welcoming and my little girl is extremely happy here...I am looking forward to her continuing her education at Ascension.

I'm an Ascension mom and our family couldn't be happier with the quality of this amazing and Christ-centered school. The teachers are incredible and LOVE the children and get them excited about learning. Check out our ITBS scores! The programs that are offered for the kids are outstanding, you won't find anything that compares at any school in Brevard county. The athletic programs, the music program and the SOARIN enrichment program are all wonderful. And the families make the school so welcoming! Mr. Workman is a fantastic principal. He is loving and kind toward the kids, but he is fair and consistent with ALL the children and parents. He will not tolerate bullying or disrespect in any form, and that makes the school a safe and happy place for everybody. If you are interested in giving your children a great education in a loving environment, then you should choose Ascension!

My students are currently enrolled in this school and I can't say enough good things about it. The school has a strong acadmenic program and won't tolerate bullying and bad student conduct. I suspect the disgruntled parents below had to remove their students because of this reason. The school also has an excellent sports and terrific music program, as well as a special program for gifted students. You should visit the school and see for yourself!

Last modified Ascension Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8