PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am sorry to have to write this but I think people should know. My young child is currently attending kindergarten here and I am seriously considering moving her to a different school including a public school because I do not feel she is getting a good quality education. I agree with the other bad reviews as far as the administration goes. Totally agree that there are problems with the administration and I do not like the attitudes. I also agree with the other user that said that their kid got bullied here and that the teachers do not care my child got sent home with a black eye and they tried to tell me it was marker on her face started to swell up I drove back to the school and confronted them and they finally admitted that yes apparently she had a black eye. She had told a teacher that one of the boys punched her in the face and they did not believe her nor did they address her concern at all. This is totally unacceptable. Additionally there are two kindergarten classes currently one has 24 students and one has 16... Teacher "A" is teaching the 24 students class teacher "B" is teaching the 16 student class... so what is the reason for the inequity here? I was warned by several different moms not to get teacher A but I thought that teacher A deserved the chance and I went in with a completely open mind. I must say I am terribly disappointed. I do think that the church is a wonderful Church but I'm very disappointed this far with the school it is not meeting my child's needs and since the public school law for kindergarten class size is 18 I don't see why a private school where I pay tuition at justifies having one class with 24 students and one with 16. I'm sorry but these are some major issues and I think people deserve to know the truth. I must also admit that I feel that my child is not receiving the level of Education I would expect from a private Catholic School. In fact I'm quite confident that my child is not on par with the public school at this point. Overall I'm just very disappointed. More likely than not I will not let my child stay at the school.

After experiencing the local public schools, we placed our child in Ascension. The school is extremely well run, has excellent teachers, and a staff that will go out of their way to assist. This Catholic based school is the best of the best. You will absolutely love this school.

Great School! Principal and staff are amazing. The children are respectful and well educated. We definitely recommend this school.

I am a kid that goes to a public school and my little brother goes to ascension. They push the kids WAY TO HARD compared to a blue ribbon school. My school has very high standards and he still has to do harder work then I did in his grade. Also, one day I came home from 4th grade and he was in 1st grade, I found out we learned the same lesson that day. It also turns out that my father said he learned that lesson in 7th grade! This school also has a number of bullies. My brother comes home everyday saying someone pushed him or verbally abused him and the TEACHERS DIDN'T CARE! Also te amount of homework is crazy! Today he came home and spent 3 hours on his homework! He was super focused I could tell, and still! I suggest NEVER sending you child here till they change.

Ascension Catholic School is an extremely committed and caring community of safety and excellence of academics, athletics, and focus on the arts. The teachers encourage and nurture students to be their best and to work on being outstanding future members of society. I know this because I am a student! The administration is wonderful, with their anti-bullying motives and love towards God. The religious fusion into other subjects is awesome and I couldn't be happier!

My son attended Ascension from PK-8 and is now at Melbourne Central Catholic High School, my daughter has been here since PK and is now going into the 6th grade. My experience with this school has been wonderful. The teachers, principal and administrators are very caring, educated, and just plain awesome and the parents here are very involved. I feel the education my kids are receiving (or received) is above average and well prepares them for high school. I am so happy I chose to send my kids here. It has been a financial sacrifice but worth every penny. I would recommend Ascension to anyone.

School is so good, values, discipline, people...my son loves it!!! He's been there since VPK and now hi's on first grade.

What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful school for our children. The principal, staff, and teachers are a group that provides a positive, loving environment in which our children are provided a stellar education. If you have ever considered looking into a Catholic school.... This is it!

I am the parent of a child enrolled at Ascension and i love it! Having recently relocated to Melbourne I was concerned about the quality of education my child would receive at the local parish school. As it turns out I had no reason to fear...this school supercedes my expectations! My child's teachers are phenomenal and she has learned so much in such a short period of time. The school administration and staff are warm and welcoming and my little girl is extremely happy here...I am looking forward to her continuing her education at Ascension.

I'm an Ascension mom and our family couldn't be happier with the quality of this amazing and Christ-centered school. The teachers are incredible and LOVE the children and get them excited about learning. Check out our ITBS scores! The programs that are offered for the kids are outstanding, you won't find anything that compares at any school in Brevard county. The athletic programs, the music program and the SOARIN enrichment program are all wonderful. And the families make the school so welcoming! Mr. Workman is a fantastic principal. He is loving and kind toward the kids, but he is fair and consistent with ALL the children and parents. He will not tolerate bullying or disrespect in any form, and that makes the school a safe and happy place for everybody. If you are interested in giving your children a great education in a loving environment, then you should choose Ascension!

Last modified Ascension Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8