Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy

Private | PK-12 | 830 students

Living in Melbourne

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Sweep tile

Posted April 14, 2014

Great school - outstanding academics with strong focus on STEM, Arts and Music. Athletic program provides opportunities for all kids to get involved and many go off to play sports in college.

Posted April 14, 2014

This school is not worth the tuition they charge. Some of their teachers are not caring and their staff are money bigots.Education is below public school standards. I would not recommend this school to my friends.

Posted April 8, 2014

Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy in Melbourne, FL is a wonderful school (ps-12th grade). They are known for their challenging academics, caring teachers, wide variety of extracurricular activities, and small class sizes. My daughter is in Kindergarten and has attended since preschool. It's a big investment financially but it is well worth it for our family. I honestly believe my daughter would not have the same opportunities or be treated with as much sincere love and care elsewhere. She loves going to school every day!

Posted March 23, 2014

Love this school. Was an easy transition from public grade school to upper school. We were so thrilled with the teachers and communication. Is an expensive school, but worth the comfort of communication on a daily basis. And a happy middle school child.

Posted March 12, 2014

Our children have attended HT's lower school for 4 years, and we are thrilled by the growth we've seen in them during this time. The academics are advanced with a rich curriculum including Singapore math, hands on science, dynamic music and art programs, Chinese, Library, computer sciences including programming, STEM lab, PE everyday and more. All of this is offered in a Christian environment where character education is a priority. The teaching staff is warm, bright, dynamic, and simply wonderful! We have found both the teacher and administration to be caring, open, and accessible. In addition, HT has an impressive offering of extracurricular activities that has something for everyone. Our children have participated in sports that they otherwise would not have given a chance. As a result, they have developed skills, confidence, and friendships along the way. We believe that HT truly teaches the whole child: mind, body, and soul. Brevard County has some of the best schools in the state, and we toured several of them in area. The decision to send our children to HT was based on the well-rounded approach to education described above. This is absolutely the right school for us.

Posted March 8, 2014

I went to Holy Trinity from pre-kindergarten until 9th grade when I transferred to Viera. I was also at Suntree Elementary for a short while. I can say with complete honesty that the quality of education is no different from any public school. The only difference (aside from thousands of dollars in tuition) is that Holy Trinity makes you wear a uniform and has 15 minutes of chapel each day. Some of the teachers were good but the faculty was just awful when it comes to playing favorites and singling kids out. I am not up to date on the lawfulness of recruiting athletes, but because Holy Trinity has a waiting list for prospective students (or at least they did when I went there), they tend to accept more African Americans. Going from 6th to 7th grade, my class went from having no black students to having upwards of 20, almost all of whom were on sports teams. Do your child a favor and don't waste your money. There are schools in the area with the same (if not better) quality of education that won't cost you tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

Posted February 11, 2014

Holy Trinity is an amazing school. I have two children at the Lower School. They both started in preschool. The school offers so many opportunities for educational, social, and emotional growth. I love the character education program at the school. It teaches them how to be the best they can be. It also offers many extra activities, sports, and clubs before and after school. Just recently my child began learning "Scratch". It is a computer coding program. She is also learning how to make movies on the iPad. It is amazing what they come home and teach me. My children love going to school and are always so excited to share their day when they come home. I have found all the teachers to be loving, caring, and open with communication. I love being a part of the Holy Trinity family.

Posted August 20, 2013

Good school but favoritism of staff kids is legendary...down to a "others need not apply" rule regarding any school production/activity. Parents do complain but with futile results. I do believe they keep many students (and their parents) enrolled simply due to the economy. They are rather ineffective in dealing with socially troubled kids (once again, and their parents) in that you will see these parents at the school "shadowing" their children as often as they can. Daily lunch with Mommy and Daddy continues even into the 6th grade! I suppose I have been rather harsh in my comments but these items have caused quite an uproar among many parents. We still think it's the best school in the county, but these concerns are very troubling for many of us!

Posted March 12, 2013

My two children have attended Holy Trinity since they were three years old. My oldest is headed to the Upper School next year and we are thrilled with the education they have received. The social climate is exactly what we are looking for and the teachers are so nice. Every year my children think they have had the best teachers! If I ever had concerns, I found the school to be responsive. I recommend the school without hesitation!

Posted March 12, 2013

We are a Holy Trinity family with our son currently in the Lower School. He started 8 years ago when he was three and as parents we feel it was the best decision we did for him. The school has a rigorous curriculum with a low student to faculty ratio, very successful programs of extra-curricular activities such as chess, boy/girl-scouts and many athletic activities. Most importantly though, Holy Trinity share the vision of an academic community based on the love of God, self respect & respect for each other. The kids learn to give back to their community at a very young age through the very special Character Education program and that is another quality that sets the school apart from any other school in Brevard. Unmistakably Holy Trinity is the premier private school in Brevard.

Posted March 11, 2013

I have two children that have attendend Holy Trinity since Early Childhood. My older child attends the Upper School, and I feel it was a seamless transition. He was well prepared, both academically and socially. My other child currently attends the Lower School, and loves the enrichment opportunities (music, art, PE, Chinese, STEM, computer lab and library). The teachers have open-communication with the parents and the character education program is fabulous. I have been consistently impressed by the quality of teachesr and the academics offered at both the Upper and Lower school.

Posted March 6, 2013

I have two sons that graduated from Holy Trinity and I appreciate everything that was done for my children. I can hardly believe how lucky we were to have been part of the HT family. I wish that all students could receive the counseling, encouragement and education that HT students have. There is a marked difference between what HT does and what the typical school does. My sons received a foundation beyond academics... they were encouraged to develop spiritually, morally, athletically, creatively. They weren't perfect and they made mistakes during and after but through it all, they had the basic foundation to draw from and see them through the bumps. The college counseling was phenomenal. I haven't spoken to anyone who has had anything like it elsewhere. People are amazed when I tell them how my kids' high school led them through the college process starting from the 9th grade, ensuring that they got Bright Futures and other scholarships. One son will be finishing up with a masters in engineering this year with a job! My other son has graduated from college and is now attending medical school. Mr. Chiarella had an extremely positive impact on both of my sons.

Posted March 6, 2013

Our child attended the lower school. She has been bullied, asked to sit at a lunch table with kids of her own ethnicity (by other kids) and ridiculed by other children. When we discussed this with other parents they had seen the same thing for multiple years with their kids. The staff tepidly acknowledged the issue and did nothing to remedy the situation. We have always sent our child to private schools and this is by far the worst experience we've had. The impression we get from the staff is that we are not customers, we are simply "lucky to be here". Academics at this school are fair at best but not worth the money being spent. The "care factor" from the staff is frustrating for parents who truly care about their child's education. The response to concerns is even more frustrating. You are not a customer her... your child is not the primary concern of the staff... don't be foolded by the hype.

Posted December 4, 2012

While it may seem as though this school has much to offer, and will prepare your child for the college and subsequently, the real world, all of the claims to fame are simply just that. As a student now about to graduate college, I can say the only positive attribute of HTA for college was the aid in the application process. After 3 years in college, I have struggled with Math, Science as well as Physics. The classes were anything but challenging, and the more your parents donated, the better you were treated. The community was not "family-oriented" or morally sound, as they claim to be, as most parents and kids seem to think they are better than others. I had many friends in a rival private school, as well as a few public schools, and they have had much more success in college than my fellow classmates from HTA. For these reasons and many more, HT, if anything, prepared me for the opposite of the real world and college alike. My recommendation, save over 50,000 for for years of high school and pay for a real education in college. Sincerely, Past student.

Posted August 5, 2011

I have to disagree with the snob factor claimed by another review below. I have had my three children in Holy Trinity for seven years, and truly enjoy the environment. I have seen the difference in the education my children have received. The focus at upper school is definately college prep and I feel my children are more ready to embark on the next step in life because of Holy Trinity's programs. The Teachers are wonderful!!

Posted November 10, 2010

My two girls have been here since they were three years old. They are thriving with the caring, loving teachers they had had through the years. This year they are loving Chinese!

Posted March 3, 2009

My children attend both the upper and Lower schools.HTA is one of the best experiences and value I can provide for my children.This school provide rigorous academicas and a tremendous athletic program with story after story of success.But most important to my family is the character and development of the child that HTA is providing,

Posted November 26, 2008

HTA is a great school but not the Academic Holy Land made out by some parents. If you can pay tuition, then your child is pretty much in. Parents will put-down the local public schools to make themselves feel better. There is a definite snob factor so decide if you want to expose your child to this atmosphere (that they are 'better' than other children, and not just academically.) There are area public schools with great academic and character education programs. I do not feel the lower school was worth the tuition, but the upper school is a better investment as they provide a staff member whose sole purpose is to find scholarships.

Posted July 17, 2008

My son has been at Holy Trinity for 4 years. We have watched him develop confidence and his academic skills are far more developed than his friends who are attending other schools. This school will push your child to be their best and there is a definite emphasis on academics, but the whole child is nurtured through great enrichments and extracurricular activities. Kids at this school go on to great colleges, so while it is expensive, it is an investment in thier future.

Posted May 29, 2008

I am an alumni of Holy Trinity and now my children attend as well. It is a great, open friendly atmosphere with friendly and caring teachers. They offer so much, not just academics, but enrichments and character education as well. I feel my children have received an incredible education to date and know this will continue as they further their cademic carrer there. My child recently went through the first grade program and I can't sing enough of their praises.

Asian 7% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Security personnel
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Kitchen

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • NAES
  • NAIS
Fax number
  • (321) 308-9077

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel

• Graphics

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom