Brevard Christian School 1

Posted December 17, 2014
was a good school at best when it was still Brevard Christian. now that it's Bethany Ministries, they have shifted, unannounced to their paying clients, from A Beka to Bob Jones and will no longer prepare a child for college, but build future missionaries for their church. I would give this "ministry" as they refer to it, negative stars if option was available.

Posted February 09, 2012
I love the Preschool! . The teachers are wonderful, professional and loving. The Director is available and is very active with the students. I love checking the web site for my child's work and slide shows of what happened at school. I feel like my child has received a top quality education this year.My child has learned to read this year. The work is challenging but fun. Parents are welcome to participate and observe the classes. Chapel is just awesome to watch. All the children singing and dancing. Even Grandma gets involved in school and enjoyed Grandparents day. My child does not want to leave school at the end of the day. I look forward to seeing the VPK graduation program.

Brevard Christian School 2

Posted December 11, 2011
I went to this school from 1st grade to the middle of my 10th grade year when I asked my parents to please take me out and let me attend a public school. I had always been told that I was receiving a superior education and that I was far beyond those other students in the public schools. BCS could not have been any more wrong! When I switched to Melbourne High School, I was immediately behind by about a year and a half. The teachers were more qualified, experienced, and there were fewer behavioral issues in the public school, which shocked me. My parents thought that sending me to BCS would protect me from things that I might experience in an environment that wasn't "Christian". The reality was that BCS accepted students that were some of the worst classmates I ever had. I feel bad for the amount of money that my parents wasted at BCS for a sub-par education. If I could go back, I would probably just ask to attend public school.

Posted November 09, 2009
Brevard Christian school is a fully accredited Christian school where every child is known by name. The teachers care about each student's individual needs. It has a family friendly atmoshere that promotes partnerships with parents to help children grow academically, spiritually, socially, and physically. Truly a Bibical approach that can be seen every day.

Brevard Christian School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Small K-12 school with small classes,great teachers,wonderful after school programs. This is a small Christian school that is trying to make a difference in the community, by furnishing a good education for all its students on a shoe string budget. They really could use the help!!

Posted July 19, 2009
I am a previous teacher of the school. When I first started working there I was unsure of the school myself other than that the teacher really cared about the students and loved God!! Things have truely changed over the past few years. I heard that they are no longer going to be using the Abeka which will help alot with accademics and all the teachers are accredited which someone has said they were not. There was a time this may have not been the case but they are now and they are all great teachers! The school is showing major improvements and I am thinking of sending my children. Before I would have given a lower rating but things have truely changed!!

Posted March 08, 2009
Brevard Christian school is an excellent school. My child has learned to read in k4. The teachers are friendly, loving and live out their Christian beliefs. This is a school where teachers actually pray with students and parents.The school is very family oriented and I often participate in the volunteer program. I like knowing my children are learning and happy while they are at school.

Brevard Christian School 3

Posted July 22, 2008
I am a former student at BCS it was a fun when I was ^ but now when I look back at it brevard Christian it not the best school in brevard county. A lot of things they said they would have like P.E the coach would never show up same with Music class once I order a recorder to play in music everyone had one except myself they kept saying it will be here next week it never came. At brevard Christian I always found myself disapointed I am sorry i would not recommend this school.

Brevard Christian School 0

Posted October 03, 2007
The academics have never had a good reputation particularly in the Jr High and up. The Elementary teachers were all replaced a year ago and that should tell you something is not right there either. The best thing about the school used to be the athletic program and now it is the worst excuse for a high school program anywhere! If this school doesn't get it's full accreditation back (The one it lost under this great new president) then they should bow out the education field gracefully. Everything rises and falls on leadership. How can they claim that 'students matter' when it's clear only their money matters?

Posted August 09, 2007
Brevard Christian School has made great strides in the past few years under new pastoral and administrative teams. My daughter learned how to read in the 4 year old program by Christmas last year. Both of my children love the school and their teachers. They really care about the kids and us as a family.

Brevard Christian School
1100 Dorchester Avenue, Melbourne, FL  32904
(321) 727-2038
Last modified Brevard Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Brevard Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top