Melbourne, FL
After care: No

Florida Air Academy 4

Posted May 01, 2015
AS ANY SCHOOL , YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO APPROACH THE STAFF TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS .

Florida Air Academy 1

Posted February 01, 2015
The school promotes individualized help for its students as well caring about its families. In our experience over a period of 3 years this was not the case. The school offered little help when asked , never took responsibility for their mistakes and were unapologetic. This was even the instance when they took our child off campus and did not have knowledge of his/her whereabouts. There were so many instances of empty promises and caring that we withdrew. At that time we were wished the best of luck and were told our child will most likely fail at any other school. It seemed to us that they were more interested in the money, not the success of our child.

Florida Air Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2014
Something is very wrong this year. A large percentage of their staff has been terminated and enrollment is way down from previous years. Students are worried it will close before the school year ends.

Florida Air Academy 2

Posted September 11, 2014
You can't believe these reviews! This school is a disaster waiting to happen. Go and look at the school before making any decision. The roof leaks every time it rains, it smells like mold and/or raw sewage, and their school buses are falling apart. Their enrollment is about half it was when my daughter was there just a few years ago. They brag about the great colleges their students are accepted into but fail to tell you that the acceptances all belong to 1 or 2 top students and that many apply to local junior colleges just so they can brag 100% college acceptance per graduating class. Ask them how many actually GO to college. Ask them their median SAT scores and they tell you they have so many foreign students that don't speak English, that the results are not accurate yet these same nonspeaking students will be sitting next to your child...... Just go look before you sign anything!!

Florida Air Academy 4

Posted December 09, 2013
It has been fun to work and live at Florida Air Academy, a boarding school hosting students from various countries and regions, where students are prepared not only for college, but for future life as well.

Posted November 28, 2013
Florida Air Academy (FAA) in sunny Florida was the perfect choice of education for my children. It is great mix of educational, cultural, and leadership opportunities. Having students from all over the nation and world brings rich opportunities to learn new cultures and create friendships that would not be possible from a public school. My son attended FAA for 9-12 grades, my daughter for 7-12 grades. The experience gained at FAA has enabled them to be ready for the challenges of college life. The AFJROTC and military structure has taught them to take their endeavors and studies seriously and responsibly. FAA teaches respect and leadership and offers cadets hands-on experience as leaders. The teachers, TAC officers and staff are wonderful and caring. There are sports, clubs, weekend activities, volunteer opportunities and other supervised fun ways for the cadets to interact. Most of the classes and activities have kids of different ages so they can get to know all the students at the school not just their class. Florida Air Academy is the perfect school for my kids. Your children may enjoy and benefit from the unique learning opportunities that only FAA could offer my kids.

Posted November 22, 2013
my school gives people the oppertunities like multi cultural evviroments and military disipline to prepare them for college. this has helped me excel in highschool and has helped me get into a good college.

Posted November 22, 2013
I really like my school . As an international student i love living in a multicultural environment with many people from all around the world. Its a great opportunity to learn about other cultures and traditions. I am really happy I made the decision to come to FAA. I highly recommend this school

Posted November 22, 2013
This is my third year attending Florida Air Academy. This school is one of its kind. It is a college preparation school which a college acceptance is almost garunteed for all students. It's academics are fantastic with nice, helpful and extremely knowledgable teachers. On the othe hand, it's military envirnment provide great chances to train leadership skills and provide great opputunity for those who are interested in joining the military with a promising JROTC program. Overall, it is a great school for anyone.

Posted November 22, 2013
My school is amazing. Everyone has an iPad which changes the way classes are taught. Teachers are allowed to make the classes more interactive, which helps learning become easier.

Florida Air Academy