Community Christian School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
Both of my children attended CCS from 2 year-old preschool classes (don't believe they've had those for many years) until they completed 9th grade. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone seeking a solid academic, Christ-centered education. There are Christian schools out there more in name than in focus.

Community Christian School 1

Posted March 10, 2013
I agree with the statement that there is a lack of male leadership at the school. It is run by women. The principal, who comes across as very temperamental and makes hasty decisions based on emotion instead of reason, should step down and allow a level-headed male take over. The high school has low academic standards, and the students don't seem to have any drive to excel. The elementary students are loaded up with meaningless seat work, and they become bored. After what I have experienced, I would never allow a child of mine to attend that school.

Community Christian School 1

Posted September 25, 2012
My children attended CCS for three years, and there is a real problem of not addressing any problems relating to teachers. Your concerns and complaints fall on deaf ears, and the Board will do everything to protect the reputation of a teacher, regardless of the allegations against them. The kids there can be very mean, and I see a lot of people talking the talk, but not walking the walk. There is also alot of nepotism and favoritism. I finally had to pull my kids out because it go so bad.

Posted August 17, 2011
Our family feels very blessed to be a part of this amazing school. All of the team members (staff) are loving and caring and spread the message and love of Jesus in their everyday actions and attitudes. My children are SO happy to go everyday and when they return they enjoy sharing all of the great experiences they've had that day. I highly recommend allowing your child the amazing experience they will have if they attend Community Christian School in Melbourne, FL.

Community Christian School 2

Posted April 09, 2011
There is very litle male role leadership at this school. It's run by all women. There is a male upper school guidance counselor which is nice however there needs to be a main male role model at this school. It is very lacking in that area. The principal needs to step down and allow the school board to hire a man to lead and guide the school in the right direction.

Posted March 03, 2010
This is a wondeful shool! My child has attended several other Christian schools and this one by far is the best! The academic standards are very high and the teachers care so much about EVERY student. There is absolutely NO favortism in this school. The students are great and hardworking. The entire school is very Christ focused without all of the 'religion'!

Posted November 08, 2009
this is such a great school! i love my teachers! it's my first year and i've already made so many friends! Jesus is so amazingly imporant here!

Posted March 31, 2008
My two children have attended CCS since 2000 and it was the best decision we made for their education and character development. It is a small school with a family environment where people care about you. The staff are awsome and consider their job to be a ministry rather than a job. The Bible is integrated with all aspects of the curriclum as well as how the children are dealt with outside of academics. God and Jesus are honored at this school, Christian is more than in just the name. My children will graduate with a foundation that will serve them well to serve God well. They are prepared for college and for how to be in the world but not of the world.

Community Christian School 3

Posted August 16, 2007
Academic programs are good, your kids will be prepared and ahead if you ever leave this school and go back to public. The Christian aspect is strictly and fundamentally taught so a plus if that is your philosophy. I feel it doesn't teach much about spirituality though, and was very legalistic and unforgiving. There is a lot of favoritism for any families with money or whose parents are involved in volunteering or are on the board. Working moms beware- you will be treated as an outcast. The teachers, principles and men on the board feel women should be home with their kids. If I could be home and not working- I'd be homeschooling and my kids would not be learning the 'religion' taught here... they would be learning Jesus' teachings on love and true Christianity! This school is better than public but could be truer to Jesus' brand of Christianity.

Community Christian School 4

Posted July 16, 2007
CCS Melbourne is a family friendly school for students to grow spiritually and academically. Affordable tuition and small class sizes keep the experiece intimate and encouraging for parents wanting a private education that's attainable for all budgets. The administration and staff are excellent mentors of Faith and supportive to parents in this journey to 'train up our children' My husband and I are pleased to call CCS the place we send our kids.

Community Christian School
1616 Ferndale Avenue, Melbourne, FL  32935
Last modified Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Community Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top