Merritt Island, FL

Posted June 07, 2015
After a somewhat horrendous kindergarten year at another Island school we purchased our home in the MILA district. I will admit I was super skeptical but my realtor stressed to me that I would love it and my daughter would too!! We just finished our second year there and I couldn't be happier! The staff is amazing everyone knows my child and as well as the others. I have had the principal come up to me more than once and tell me how much she loves my daughter! Even in the Christmas parade the staff saw her in the crowd and stopped to hug her! Can't wait for year #3 and having both my kids there since my son will be starting kindergarten this year!

Posted December 20, 2013
My child started at Mila's VPK program this year. The staff is very friendly. My childs teachers are Mrs. Jabbari and Mrs. Candice and we jus love them both. So far it's been a great year.

Mila Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2012
This school used to be the best., but now im not so sure anymore. i used to go there but when i was little it was the best! now in 2012 i see kids getting into fights and kids with pocket knives. isn't this an elementary school?

Mila Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2012
The school DOES NOT listen to the parents when there is a problem with your child- they are too worried about their budget& overwhelmed with the population of students. They do not provide documentation on your child as they are supposed to & as requested by parents. The principal is very inappropriate & out of line at times- not concerned about your child only "her school". I hope to have my child out of this school VERY soon!

Posted July 17, 2011
this is the best elementry school for kids all staff care for the kids all know each child by name.

Posted September 17, 2009
Mila is the best school in Brevard County. I can say that with confidence.I am a grandparent and has been involved in many schools over the years with the schooling of my son, daughter and grandchildren. Mila is an A school in more ways than one. Anytime you have a school where not only the Principal and Assistant Princiapl knows every student by nake and face but the Coach as well, that says a lot. The school is dedicated to the safety and well being of the students as well as their education. The students are taught Responsibility as well as good Citizenship. There are a lot of disabled children at Mila. My daughter and I are at the school for basically every function. My daughter volunteers for anything from classroom helper to Field trip, out of area functions to wherever she is needed. Not once in my 6 years of being a Mila parent have I ever seen the disabled been made fun of, taken advantage of, bullied or bothered in any way. The students at Mila are taught to be responsible for the well being of one another. I just wish each and every school in the world were taught to be as caring and responsible as the students at Mila. I do realize that those values are also suppose to be taught at home but that is not always the case. The school is only responsible for our kids for 8 hour. I now have a child in Jr. High School. I can only pray and hope that the staff at that school are as caring and concerned as the staff at Mila. I wish with all my heart that my kids could attend Mila from Kindergarden through college and then return for their Internship. That is why Mila Elementary School, the home of the Manatee is my favorite school.

Posted December 14, 2008
Mila is a wonderful school! They have done so much for my son! I would not even think about putting him in another school!!

Posted November 09, 2005
Driving by this school, one would not recognize it for being an elementary school. It looks as if it is closed due to the run down buildings and surrounding yards. Not a place that I would feel safe sending my child.

Posted October 10, 2004
I love this school! My son has been attending Mila for 3 years now, and he love's it there. The teachers are all very nice and easy to talk to. The staff is always eager and willing to help with anything. The location is great. The school is kept up very well. The mini gardens add a soft touch to the school atmosphere. My son especially enjoys watching the butterflies in the gardens. Mila Elementary definitely takes the number one slot on the charts!!!

Posted October 15, 2003
My son has been very happy at Mila. The one word I would use to describe this school is 'caring.'

288 West Merritt Avenue, Merritt Island, FL  32953
Last modified Mila Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mila Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top