534 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love this school. Both of my kids go here and I truly believe that we are getting a great academic education. Our kids feel loved and respected. The teachers and staff are great at communicating and providing a well rounded education for all students.

The school has improved on their programs every year and decisions are made with the students in mind. The staff is welcoming and courteous. The administration is available upon request.

We have had our son here for 2 years now. I was not to thrilled with one of the PK 3 teachers. however there is a 2nd teacher in that class that is wonderful my son really loves her. Also the PK 4 program is GREAT!!!!!!!! Ms. Lorenzo and Ms. Gonzalez are very strict about there curriculum and homework, but are very loving and caring to the kids at the same time. My son is 4 and he READS.. YES he is READING.. and he can already do basic math. They REALLY know how to get kids to tune in a learn at a young age, and get them prepared for kindergarten.

Both my kids are attending this school since August at PK-3 and PK-4. The school is very community focused and teachers are really committed to the kids. The school has a lot of parent involvement and is always doing activities with parents such as breakfasts, shows and lunches. PK classes are very nice. They offer nice after care programs for PK such as yoga and arts (though not enough options). The only thing that I dont personally like is that the PK-4 curricula is very strict and by this time of the year they expect all kids to know the ABC, the sounds and even start putting the letters together. I definitely recommend this school if you are looking for a family/ community oriented type of school.

We have been trying to get our daughter into this school for 3 years, we are in the correct district but always seem to not get selected during the time of the Lottery. It is disheartening to hear from other parents who got their children into the school that there is favoritism during the admission process.

I could not be happier with this school. It is truly a family oriented environment. All staff member are truly nice and make my son feel welcomed every day. He just finished PreK4 and could not ask for more dedicated and loving teachers. Ms. Lorenzo and Ms. Gonzalez have been amazing. The education level is quite good and yes, they get homework every day but my son is not yet in kindergarden and can write and read sentences. The teachers have been always available to any questions or needs; they would reply within a few hours to any email and would always keep all parents informed on what was going on. He is now in summer camp and I was nicely surprised by the calendar of activities. My son had to stay home sick today and he was asking me to go to school, that to me as a mom says a lot.

My school is a relatively new school in that it was once St. Joseph's School which Mater Beach Academy now leases. We have had to overcome may obstacles and make many repairs. As a Charter School, we are not fully funded as are the Public Schools and are dependent on the parents to help supplement supplies, donate time (volunteer hours) and materials. Through it all, the Principal, Administration, Teachers and Staff are dedicated, devoted and focused on given our children the best education possible. I have never seen such happy, eager to teach instructors before. We are definitely a "family" oriented school and are treated as such. I could not hope for a better school for my children to attend.

It saddens me to read some of the reviews of parents who might of never given this school a fair chance. When the previous school closed, Mater Beach welcomed me and I have been with them since. After MANY changes to the school, ie smart boards in every classroom, computers in every classroom (even the prek) New cafeteria, New park, New garden I can go on and on the school has made a 360! I have two children, one in elementary and another in middle. Classroom management is great, EVEN if the class is large. A LOT of homework.... yes... good, helps them learn! The Principal is VERY nice, low key (confused her at first as an office employee greeting people as they walk into the lobby of the school). I might have had some suggestions/complaints in the past, but I always addressed them and got/found a solution. I am VERY happy, I don't listen to people's negative opinions, I give it a shot and see for myself... I'm glad I did.

Over crowded and unorganized are the nicest words I can use. Cirriculum is absurd. School is falling apart and dirty. Principle is barely visable. Leaves a parent to wonder WHO is representing "OUR" school and where is the funding for charter schools going too. After school activities are a joke. Not sure if the instructors are even qualified. Make this a private school again with small classrooms, a personable staff, and a family environment where parents are kept up to date on the day to day functions and improvements because IT IS OUR BUSINESS !

My child cries everyday not wanting to go to school. This has never happened before. The teachers are constantly yelling and at times a bit rude to parents.Parents and teachers should work as a team. This is not the case in this school. Should be a public school not a charter school.

Last modified Mater Academy Miami Beach is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.