Public charter
Miami Beach, FL

Posted April 17, 2015
Great school, teachers, and principal. Teachers are top of the line and the principal is always available to listen to your concerns. Facility was an issue because the classrooms are currently divided by a partition. However, we just had a coffee chat with the principal and she just informed us that we will have a new facility for August 2015. Thank you Ms. Hernandez for all your hard work in making this happen!!! I can't wait to see what our new campus is going to look like. love Mater Mt. Sinai!!!

Mater Academy at Mount Sinai 4

Posted March 22, 2015
Great principal, great teachers, small and nurturing environment nestled in a very safe and picturesque setting. Great course work and work discipline. My child is very happy here and is reading one grade above the current grade. The one critical problem is that the children are cramped into small portable buildings with two classes separated by a partition wall. Unfortunately, it seems the Hospital (where the school is) does not see the value in this great institution of learning housed within their premisses.

Posted December 10, 2014
I love the teachers, staff and Principal. The students matter and my voice & opinions heard. Its no other school.. this school is exceptional. We are truly blessed to have found this little gem!

Posted September 19, 2014
This is our second year at Mater Mt. Sinai and we love it. My son has adored both his teachers, and he has learned so much. There is a strong focus on academics, but in a small nurturing environment.

Posted July 25, 2014
After two years at Mater Mount Sinai, I am truly blessed to have my daughter in such a safe and nurturing school. The teachers are excellent, the principal is always trying to help and is always available, and the remaining staff members are extremely caring. Wouldn't change this for the world!

Posted April 29, 2014
We love Mater Academy at Mt. Sinai! It's a hidden gem! After having tried another "A+" public school in town and being disappointed by their disrespectful attitude towards parents, we were thrilled to find MA. Several things stand out: The small school environment where everyone knows you and your child, the principle's positive-energy and non-stop hard work, the opportunity for differentiated instruction in the class, a challenging curriculum and STEM science program, twice the amount of fresh air/outdoor time as other public schools (lunch outside, PE, plus recess/playground, and sometimes classes outside), and my personal favorite - plenty of opportunities for the parents to volunteer in the class. Kids responds really well to the "positive" reward system vs. the penalty based color card changing system at other schools. It feels very special to be allowed to actually walk your child to her classroom and say hello to the teacher each day. Some other trivial perks are that we enjoy the lovely view of the Bay in front of school parking lot, as well as the smell of Bay's fresh air. It's a pleasant, happy, and positive environment to be in with a solid curriculum!

Posted September 27, 2013
We are new to this school, but so far we love it. The administration and staff are extremely caring and are very responsive to parents and their concerns. As far as academics are concerned, I have been pleasantly surprised by the rigorousness of the curriculum and feel confident that my child will receive a good elementary education. They also have several enrichment programs now. Finally, although the school is not in the most convenient location, it is an extremely safe location... which is good thing for worrisome parents like myself. Yes, the school is relatively new, but it's encouraging to see that they are working hard to make things better and better.

Posted September 10, 2013
Mater Academy at Mount Sinai is truly a gem. Extremely caring, familiy enviorment. A little school with big dreams who are all about their students and families. I am very happy that we have been blessed with such a great school. It is a true relief for any parent to know their kids are in the best hands when they are not with them.

Mater Academy at Mount Sinai
4300 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL  33140
Last modified Mater Academy at Mount Sinai is a Charter school that serves grades K-5
Mater Academy at Mount Sinai Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top