No rating

St Patrick Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Miami Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $250,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Posted June 4, 2014

St.Patrick is a wonderful school, my daughter has been there since Pre-K,she is in fourth grade now. Through out her years there she has had the comfort of a loving staff since it is a small school everyone knows each other and looks after one another. If her grades or attitude changes the teachers are on top of it with conference meetings. The education is great they are teaching what needs to be taught for there age. It has sports and so many family activities to not only keep the students together but also builds a family connection. I am so grateful my daughter has her classmates as her friends.

Posted June 3, 2014

I was a student at St. Pat's from Pre-School to 8th Grade. I graduated a few years ago, and I am currently in the Pre Law program at University of Miami with a 3.9 GPA. I'm writing this review because I feel like some of the current reviews are biased. St. Pat's is an amazing school. The majority of my class went on to schools such as Carrollton, Belen, Ransom, Gulliver, and La Salle. The best friends (more like my second family!) I have now have been my best friends since preschool, a friendship of about 2 decades (thanks to St. Pat's). Honestly, I was very amused to read that parents think the kids of St. Pat's have "cliques". Because of the small classes, students get to know each other pretty well and interact very often. I consider myself and my friends to have been very social at St. Pat's. The classmates who complained about "cliques" were often the ones who just didn't speak up, who didn't try to talk, and would remain silent when we would try to speak to them. Parents: put your kids in the school early (preschool/kindergarten) so they grow up with the same people. Most importantly: ENCOURAGE THEM TO BE SOCIAL!! Put them in sports and activities! BE INVOLVED!

Posted May 30, 2014

St. Patrick's is a great school. The teachers are very loving and caring with the kids (every morning my daughter would run to her teacher to give her a hug before beginning the day activities!!) plus they were always available with us parents for any questions or concerns we had. St. Patrick's has different activities for the kids and parents to be involved in the school which is a great way to meet other parents as well as teachers/administrators of the school. I do recommend them full hardheartedly.

Posted October 10, 2013

St. Patrick's has a formula for developing kids that works! The focus is giving children tools that allow them to learn. For example, the staff makes the kids feel like they belong, and that they are in a safe place, which opens the brain to learning. St. Patrick's has a strong academic curriculum for the average to the above average student. They foster relationships among peers and between grades, every child in the school is pleasant and helpful to all the other children. There is zero tolerance for bullying. This is a catholic school, and religion is an important part of the school, which has been wonderful for my kids. It is nice that they receive religious education at school and that they are eager to develop spiritually. I have two kids currently enrolled, and one that has gone on to another school, and has performed exceptionally after leaving St. Pat's. I feel St. Pat's gave him all the tools he needed from elementary school to be a successful student in Junior High. While I do not recommend this school for kids with learning disabilities, I feel it is an excellent environment and education.

Posted October 9, 2013

St. Patrick's school is a great school that looks at education with the family in mind. As a parent, i have been able to join a great community of families who share my belief's as well as friendship. the teaching and administrative staff lovingly serve the children, and our parish helps us grow in our faith. I am very happy to have my children here, and recommend it to anyone that is looking for helping their children gain knowledge for the head as well as for the soul.

Posted July 31, 2013

My son has been at this school since Kindergarten. I have been very happy with the academics and the teachers who have taught him. The school's administration and teaching staff are actively involved in remaining current in education and the ever changing technology associated with education. I have seen progress every year that my son has been attending the school (4 years.) It is a small school (one class per grade except Kinder) but it does well in offering some of the benefits that a child receives from the larger schools. My son is happy there and thus far feels very welcome by his peers and the school staff. I highly recommend it for anyone considering a parochial school.

Posted April 14, 2013

This school is AMAZINGLY AWSOME!!! Everyone there from the teachers to the staff are very kind and helpful. The teachers challenge us but that doesn't mean they try to put us down and fail us. They just want the best for us. They are fair and loving. I highly highly recommend this school!

Posted March 7, 2013

This is my son's second year at St Patrick and we are very pleased with the school. No problems communicating with the teachers, they are very open and available for you, also they are very dedicated. Faculty and principal are very friendly and hardworking. There is a lot of parent involvement and we consider his class as a big family. I cant complaint about academics. Overall experience is great!

Posted December 17, 2012

This school is not worth the money that I pay yearly. All the principal does is reprimand the children, the teachers don't really teach(more focused on getting the kids in touble than teaching), and the religion prgram isn't the best either. There are very few options when it comes to sports (only 2 sports all year around). Also, the kids are very snobby and aren't very welcoming either.

Posted December 17, 2012

This school isn't the best choice at all. I hate to say it but it isn't worth your money,time,or energy. Nobody cares about how your child feels here and all the students do is try to get in trouble to bother the teachers. The kids are SO JUDGEMENTAL. If this school were to receive a grade it may receive a "D". The test results last year were horrible..and there is so much FAVORITISM when it comes to money,looks,who you are,etc I wanted to get a good Catholic education but the religion classes have discouraged me to even want to learn more about the Catholic faith. The teachers can be so mean. Teachers get to class a half hour late and assign homework on things or subjects we have never heard of. Honestly, not the best Catholic school in Miami. There are others that are alright..just keep looking this isn't a good choice..TRUST me. I was a student.

Posted September 24, 2012

Super sad with this school and displeased. Principal ois okay but no the teachersss. Very upset with the learning, also.

Posted September 12, 2012

My son has been at St. Patrick's since kindergarten. He is now in third grade. I decided to write a review since so often people don't make a conscious effort to write good reviews. People are more likely to complain on the internet; we often don't speak up when we are happy about something. Academically, St. Patrick's follows the common core curriculum that is being implemented across the country, and has provided their teachers extensive training on this. I have been pleased with all but one of my son's teachers. My son has ADHD and St. Patrick's faculty and administration has worked extensively with me and his counselors to make sure his needs are accommodated. They provide differentiated education so that the children who are advanced work at a higher level while those who need extra help get it. I have found the teachers to be extremely dedicated and hardworking. And the children there really treat each other as a family. Service projects begin as early as kindergarten, with students fundraising to support a school in the Dominican Republic to making weekly lunches for the homeless at Camillus House. Overall, I think the school provides a well-rounded education.

Posted September 12, 2012

I have two children at the school and I am very pleased. The teachers and staff go out of their way to make sure the children are learning. They have a well rounded education not only academicly, but spiritually as well. My children are eager to go to school every morning. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 12, 2012

I am well pleased with the the school. Academically, it challenges my children and provides a safe and caring environment for learning. As an involved parent, I see how teachers make themselves available to students who have difficulty and need more help while they ensure that the "higher level" students continue to be challenged. I am particularly pleased with the fact that my children don't 'just learn about their faith but actually learn to be better people by living it. I have found the administration to be open and responsive to my concerns and suggestions. To me, the fact that my children look forward to going to school day after day and year after year is testimony of what a special place St. Patrick's is!

Posted May 6, 2012

My son was at this school for only one year..thank God! My son was here the 2009-2010 year for 7th grade and he learned nothing. We thought this school would be right for him because of religious studies, academic and ncie kids..but it was the opposite. Academic wise was horrible! The next year when he went to a near school he almsot failed! He knew nothing that those kids at his new school knew! We ended up paying more money than what we payed in tuition at this school on tutoring so our son could pass 8th grade!! Religion wise it is not bad..it could be better but not bad. Our son needed to take Confirmation because in our family we have it done also but we could not stand another year. (We placed him in weekend religion classes and he took confirmation). The teachers and staff weren't the besteither! Students were mean, rude and di not show the "values" that this school is supposed to have. Honestly the school staff weren't the best teachers..Office staff was okay. . My son disliked the school and it was hard for him to find friends with most kids..there was only one class with 30 kids and they didnt learn!! Athletics was better though but then again not the best!Dissapointed!

Posted April 26, 2011

I can honestly say that my child could have done well without the emotional harm that this school provides. She has graduated but while attending this school, they made her concentrate on things like "keeping a notebook organized" instead of learning the material and building relationships with her fellow peers and teachers. Honestly, the children are harsh. Cliques are definitely a problem. I heard they are now doing a program called conscious discipline which promotes looking at people in your class as a family and treating them all equally. I have heard from current parents of students enrolled that it just makes the teachers have favoritism towards the students. I can't imagine the amount of stress the students go through between the favoritism, mean kids, and everyone thinking that they are better than the next person. A friend of mine told me they were going to hire an excercist. Probably a rumor but a good idea. On top of that, academics are mediocre and the school almost has no athletic sports or extracurricular activities except for two sports and a dance program for younger children. Sometimes they have a chess club, rarely. The preschool is so rigorous compared to this.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3700 Garden Avenue