PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

People who post bad reviews here are must be jealous, unhappy individuals! Lehrman by far is the best private JEWISH school! (so if you don't need Hebrew and Jewish studies don't apply and then complain) I wish they had a middle school! My child loves Lehrman! My child receives the best education and jewish values each and every day!

I have two children at this school. They have grown, matured and become critical thinkers. The warmth and compassion of the administration shines through in each day. Needless to say, I am thrilled to be a parent at Lehrman Community Day School.

My 7th grader was so well prepared for the transition to middle school after leaving Lehrman- academically and socially. Lehrman provides the foundation all children need with qualified teachers, an excellent curriculum and wonderful Jewish values. I'm thrilled that I still have two children at Lehrman who can enjoy the same experience.

We brought our two children to Lehrman Community Day School in 2012 and our only regret is not having done so sooner. The administration, teachers, and staff all contribute to a nurturing and family-like environment that makes everyone feel welcome every day. The curriculum is top notch and the latest and greatest technology is well integrated. Our children's daily experience is infused with Jewish values and customs, arts, athletics and more. They walk into school each day with a smile on their face and we know we are giving them an invaluable gift in a Lehrman education.

This school is the greatest gift we could ever have given our children. From the warm, nurturing environment to the cutting edge technology and curriculum, we know our children are benefitting in the most important way. We sincerely credit their confidence, strong moral character and significant education to the faculty and programs at this school. Not to mention, even the school chef knows their favorite colors! Everyone in the school cares about every aspect of each and every student and you feel it the minute you walk through the doors each day.

The teachers are the best! Head of school truly cares about each and every child. You can speak to her about anything and she will take care of your concerns/questions right away. Teachers respond to emails very quickly and encourage your child to be critical thinkers and they never teach to a test. The school teaches Jewish values that the children will carry with them for their lifetime. They have recently made many asthetic updates and use the latest in technology in the classrooms. I'm very impressed with this school and love the warm and homey feeling that you don't really find elsewhere. It is a real family environment that welcomes parents and their ideas.

I sent my daughter and son their for one year, which was a huge mistake! For the large amount of $ that you pay, you don't not get what you pay for! the school has not been updated probably since the 80s, The classrooms are too on top of each other, the 2nd floor smells like mold, parking lot isn't big enough teachers park their cars! Oh and the cafeteria can't even fit all of the students and teachers since it's so small, so whenever the whole school has a presentation for parents it was a disaster! It's extremely unsafe if a fire ever occurred since it would be a nightmare to evacuate! I'm surprised they haven't been forced to change this since it's a safety hazard! The principal doesn't even have a school wide behavioral intervention plan, which really shows considering how the children do not receive consequences for misbehaving! I wanted my kids to get some form of Hebrew education, but not 2 hours a day of it! I recommend this school to parents who want their kids to learn more about Hebrew and Jewish customs than on the academic areas of math, reading, science, and social studies. They only receive about an hour a half of science education.

I am an alumni, I graduated from Lehrman in 2004. I can honestly say that Lehrman is an amazing school. It builds character and it gives off a "homey" sense of security. The greatest memory of this school, was my 6th grade teacher, Mr Schwartz. To this day I still think about him, back in the day he seemed so wise to me and I looked up to him. He was rough on the outside but a very sensitive person once you got to understand him. I love Lehrman!!

I love this school my kids have been there since 2008 and i have to say that my younger daughter start at age 18 months and not even for one day i felt scare of leaving her! All the staff in Lehrman are very loving and they do care about all the kids knowing all of them by name including the whole family , my kids love it and feell safe in there. Now my kids are in 1 grade and 4 grade and they wish they could stay there forever. I am a single mom and they always understand me and help me money wise. I love them i love the school and my kids love it too and are very happy . I am happy i can give my kids this years of there life with such happiness . Oh and i forgot to say that learned a lot they really push the kids for there best making then believe in them!

Horrible school No involvement from the teachers and not certification at all very superfitial and fake enviornment.

Last modified Lehrman Community Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5