675 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Neutral

I think there is some redundancy to the homework and I do not personally agree with the standard guidelines. Lower elementary grades should not even have homework. Playing should be their homework! Research supports this view.

My daughter is in the kindergarten class and she loves it. She is happy and loves her teacher. The PTA does an amazing job in creating activities for parents to be involved in their childs school. For example movie night at the school, a haunted house for halloween and bake sales. I do have to say there is a lot of homework, and tests which is overwhelming for a 5 year old. But the communication with the teacher is great and they will help your child. I also have my daughter in the after school care too and it's going really well, only concern I have is for the after school is too many children for one teacher. The teacher can't spend one on one time with the students to help with homework so I have to re-visit homework at home as well. Overall I'm happy with the staff and teachers at Biscayne Elementary.

I completely recommend this school, especially for students that have special needs. This school is an IB school that also teaches this to all students, including those with special needs. No other school will do that if you know anything about IB Schools. Not only that, they are a center school for Autism. Students come from very far away for these programs because Biscayne is ranked top in these programs. There are not any more caring teachers and staff then at this school. Most parents disgruntled with Biscayne are those parents from North Beach or somewhere else who think they are too good for Biscayne. For a public school, this school is top notch and if you want something else, there is always a private sector school. It's amazing that some parents don't appreciate how hard teachers, PTA and administration work for each child, including the ones that come from far away and are not part of the immediate community. Any parent writing a negative review, I challenge you to get involved in a positive way at Biscayne and use your time wiser than writing bad things about a school taking care of your child!

Biscayne Elementary is a wonderful school! I only wish I had given it a chance from kindergarten instead of believing this "4 rating" without looking for myself. Unfortunately I chose to enroll my daughter in a nearby charter school that doesn't compare to Biscayne and wasted the first 3 years there. The staff and faculty are very dedicated and the resources available when additional help is needed is exceptional. I cannot understand for the life of me why the rating is 4. I think this should be reevaluated as Biscayne Elementary is now an A rated school! Go Tigers!! Proud mom

no ! is not a good school !! Ms. Costa doesn't get involved in the parents concerns, Doc. Santana also. I looked for them many times, I never found them, office stuff told me, promised me somebody will call me back. nobody did !!! very disappointed !!

My daughter is currently in Ms. Bell's 1st grade class! and I am so happy that she is. My daughter is extremely vivacious and energetic.my daughter may not be the best student in class, but with Ms. Bell I feel as though she has made great strides. My daughter reads better, is able to focus a little bit longer, and just seems so to appreciate learning so much more now. Ms. Bell is a gem! She truly cares about the children and strives to educate them the best that she can. I can't wait until my younger child is of school-age, so she can go to Biscayne Elementary as well!

Sy madre de dos ninos que estudian en Biscayne Elementary, solo puedo decir que cuenta con personal muy calificado y con alto sentido de responsabilidad y sensibilidad hacia nuestros ninos. Academicamente mis hijos han progresado rapida y satisfactoriamente , no tengo mas que agradecimientos !! Si algun padre esta inconforme puede sentirse libre de dirigirse a la Direccion y comentar sus inquietudes, estoy segura que seran escuchados !!

I do not recommend this school if you have a child with special needs. I have spoken to mothers with children from different grade levels and the majority do not recommend this school. The principal does not get involved with the special education classes. She leaves the decisions to the teacher of the class. If you want your child to advance academically and emotionally, then I do not recommend this school.

This school has excellent teachers and extremely intelligent leadership, with both the principal and assistant principal's working for the best interest of all stakeholders (Parents, teachers, and students). Currently this school is now an official I.B. World School because of its teachers and students being so dedicated to worldly principles, attitudes, and studies. I have had too many great experiences to speak of at the school, the office staff are friendly, the students dress for success, the teachers take time to work with students even before or after school. There are some fantastic field trip to the Miami River, the zoo, The sea aquarium, Key West, etc. The teachers always ensure the children are safe during free breakfast and dismissal. There is a lot of heart at Biscayne and it goes a long way. It's a true neighborhood school that works with students from all backgrounds, languages, abilities and even gifted programs!

The school itself embodies a lot of hard working, dedicated individuals who are there to serve the best interests of all the children. The after school programs range from karate, art, dance, and tutoring. They offer a lot of support to families. I know of several parents who have recently gone to administration with concerns and they set times and dates to sit down and talk and it proves how much they care and respect the group of people they are serving. This school is small and the building is being upgraded as it is an older structure, but it has a lot of history and teachers with years worth of experience and dedication. Mater Academy down the street boasts smaller classes, but in actuality they have double the classes size with two teachers, they also have inexperienced teachers with minimal time in the classroom. I have seen so many students who go there for a year return to Biscayne because there really isn't a better choice for free programs, after care, breakfasts, lunches, and people who really care about your child.

Last modified Biscayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.