North Beach Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2015
The parents are working very hard to make this school great and there are wonderful teachers. It is a shame that the principal does not help lift this school the level it deserves. Rather than welcoming parent input and participation in the spirit of the IB program she begrudges thoughts and inquiries from parents and quickly dismisses their validity.

Posted January 04, 2015
I witnessed multiple teachers calling children 'horrible' and 'idiots.' (not mine or stuff would hit the fan, although I wanted to just go and hug whoever's little boys they were!) Why do some of the teachers think they can speak to the children like they are morons? They are little people, not minions to order around! It is ironic how they sent home a paper that both children and parents had to sign about what RESPECT means. I think the teachers should have to sign it too! They are very condescending. I truly feel bad for these children that have to experience that every day and think that is normal behavior. I reported what I witnessed to a vice principal twice with the response being 'Those teachers have been here a long time so we can't do a lot about it, but we will talk to them.' What?! School is run down and disgusting. My children have never experienced a more terrible school. It's really quite disappointing.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2014
My son just graduated and went to middle school and I still have a 3rd grader who is 2 years in at this school. The school is awesome, its like a private school but for free! Great education, beautiful historic building, good sized classrooms, and the school is about to get capital upgrades including new windows, new AC, and a brand new PE field, basketball courts and playground! The parents are warmly welcomed to be a part of things and there is a great sense of community. Truly an "A" school!

North Beach Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2014
Very disappointed with the administration at this school. It is so difficult to voice your concerns and actually get things resolved for the benefit of the student. Yet they are always open to discuss and accept monetary donations. The office assistant is very rude. Currently my kid is in a classroom with 28 students where the limit should be 18 for a third grade class with one teacher. Every year it's a mess with moving kids around the first two weeks of school. The classes should be distributed accordingly before classes start to eliminate all this chaos. The teachers at this school have been very kind to my child in which I am very thankful to them.

Posted August 12, 2014
I am overwhelmed by all the bad comments. I don't know what they mean, my daughter went to school here for 3 years and every time I had a problem the principle was a great help, and I'm not on the PTA or anything. Truly amazing she was in the gifted program and she loved all her teachers and her teachers lived her back. Love this school and all the great things it taught my daughter!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 04, 2014
VERY HAPPY WITH THE TEACHERS!!!!! MY DAUGHTER ALWAYS TELLING THE GOOD WHO WAS YOUR TEACHER MS DIAZ, AS WELL AS THEIR ASSISTANTS FIRST GRADE WE WERE VERY HAPPY!!!!.

Posted May 30, 2014
The school is old and nasty. It's falling apart. It really needs some work done to it. The staff is sub standard and the principal is never ever available

Posted April 29, 2014
North Beach Elementary School Rocks because we believe learning is the key to success. Our K Teacher cares about the whole being of the student. She provides her students with a academic environment that makes them eager to learn Thank You, Ms.Silva ! We love school , stuff, principal, afterschool program, and PTA.

Posted October 10, 2013
I've had my child at this school for a while and have to agree that there is something seriously wrong with the principal here. A week or so ago, she was standing outside one of the classrooms yelling at the top of her lungs about a classroom door and waiving her hands around like a lunatic. She apparently was yelling because parents were outside a classroom where the children were young but were learning to independently enter their classroom. She was upset because the parents were there and the yelling was directed at them. But, the teacher was late opening the door to the classroom, so they were all standing outside waiting for her. Even worse, it was in the middle of the hallway where every parent walking by, including myself, saw the classless scene she made. And, this isn't the 1st time I see this type of behavior from her. Words to the principal: Don't yell at the hands that feed you. These same parents you are yelling at are the ones who GENEROUSLY fund your school. You should APPRECIATE these parents rather than treat them like dirt.
5 people found this helpful

North Beach Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2013
This is the problem with gifted is that it's become a label. My child is gifted and in fourth grade gifted class. My child can do far more than the others in his class. Instead of a gifted program it's a regular class. There is no difference in the two types of programs. This is all because of doctors who are taking a check and not given accurate test results for gifted program. It's sad because those who are truly gifted are suffering. I have not asked for a meeting with the principal, but may need to do so to address the lack of gifted program. Yes,I would expect a one on one from a principal if I asked. It's called a meeting and busy people schedule them. If a principal won't give one then I would call the superintendent of schools to complain. Might even file a complaint with the DOE.

North Beach Elementary School
4100 Prairie Avenue, Miami Beach, FL  33140
Last modified North Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Beach Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top