Miami Gardens, FL

Miami Gardens Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has been a student at this school for 4 years now. He has had some great teachers, over those years. I love that they strive for excellence, they challenge him to succeed beyond his expectations. His math teacher is awesome, her 1st year there she was teacher of the year. The principal is hands on with the teachers and parents. I don't think that the school gets enough credit, for the great job that their doing with the students. I hope some of the funds that was approved for the schools, make it way to Miami Gardens Elementary. They have a field bigger than a football field, where a new building can be added for more class rooms. They need new desk, more computers I hope they supply the school with the much needed upgrade. It deserves it, I would recommend this school to any parent. yours respectfully, Ms. Gloria Reid

Miami Gardens Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
My son started at this school when he was 4, pre k. I saw him change from being my baby boy and needing me to help me with his homework, to working independently. He still needs my help from time to time, my point is the teachers are great role models. I have much respect for them and what they are striving to do, when it comes to our children. Dr. Kerns, is the leader of her school and excepts nothing but excellent from her teachers. When my son leaves this school, I feel he will be able to maintain his grades at the level they are now, because of the teachers he has now, their molding him into that ideal student and I love that, they keep us as parents involved with all his work, as well as his little attitude he has at times. He's in gifted, I'm proud of him and the teachers. Please acknowledge this school and help with continue greatness. They could use some funds to build a play ground and the music room needs instruments. Art supplies are needed, an auditorium is needed, for when the students perform for their parents. We have to sit in the cafeteria and it's not enough room. Help this school it's a great teaching facilities for our upcoming children. Mr. A.l.S

Miami Gardens Elementary School 4

Posted November 13, 2007
Miami Gardens is a very good school. my son had an excellent teacher who worked closely with me and changed his outlook on school. Some of the staff are rude and this years teacher never answers notes and or emails but in a whole the support system you have within the people who do care is wonderfull. M Criollo parent..

Miami Gardens Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2006
I am not impressed with this school. I do not like the way staff members non-educational treat the students. The school crossing guard get no respect and allows the parents do to as they please. They do have have extracurricular and the classrooms are not overflowing with children. I do like that it is a small school and everyone knows each other. The so far have been very helpful. So far i am please with my son's kindergarden teacher.

Miami Gardens Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2005
- a former student

Miami Gardens Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2005
I have to say that i am not impressed with the quality of academic programs. From a parents standpoint, my child does not come home with enough homework, some days (no homework), schoolwork stays at school so there is nothing for the parents to review regarding the childs progress. If you call the teacher, conversations are very vague and and they offer no sloutions if your child has problems. I think the teachers are very young and inexperienced. The parents are called on quite a bit, but for nonesense. ie.. Family night, crime watch, talent shows. These are not events that i want to take time off of work for. Once in a while(okay), but not when my child is failing and needs extra atention and i'm looking for some help with her to get her where she needs to be at her grade level.

Miami Gardens Elementary School
4444 Northwest 195th Street, Miami Gardens, FL  33055
Last modified Miami Gardens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Gardens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top