373 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Staff does not care for their students. My child was physically abused by another student. He was choked and dragged a couple feet that left him scratched & bruised on his neck and back. That bully has left my child traumatized. When I spoke to the AP she had the audacity to tell me that my child was not bullied and they were "horse-playing". They do not care. Also, the receptionist is extremely rude. Worse elementary school I have ever had to deal with.

When my middle child started we had her for one year and then a new principle started. Terrible! Security like prisoners, we lost the home feel to the school. The staff, students, school lost the spirit. So bad I decided to take my children to a character school that had the home feel we missed. We were loyal Skyhawks Because they cared for my children. Look at the grade in the school since my children attended Skyway. This school was an A school. Teachers, principles create the environment for the school. The principal is the one that allows the ideas from the staff. When you dont allow the input from the staff they give up hope. It is extremely sad to see this school lose its light. We have some amazing memories at this school. Each and every teacher worked hard for these children. Sad they have a poor leader with no motivation to encourage the staff and children to believe in themselves to the maximum extent. Hope someone pulls it together.

this is the worst school a parent can take there child!!!! they don't care about the kids they only care about getting that bonus!!! my child is in second grade this is her first year here because we moved.....all I hear is test test test .....they are enforcing the test on the kids so they can get a bonus principle don't care about the kids. staff and teachers are horrible my child was left alone with other older kids by herself until I went to pick her up no one was in the office no adults around to watch them no one called me. this is horrible what if someone went in the school because the doors were unlocked and did something to my child!!!! no adults??? the principle telling a mother of a pre-k kids to let her lil child carry a heavy school supply bag to the cafeteria and wait for the teacher and mother says its too heavy principle was very rude and said well figure it out...what? she don't care all she care about is the money just like everyone else in that school. office ladies are rude.. ive had problems since I put my daughter there.. don't put your kids thru this!! not worth it!!!!

Skyway for me is like my home away from home... lol I went there in the 80's .. (I know I'm old) but what we had then, is still there. the best teachers, a very good principal, all of the hard workers that work there, and the parents. We all are like family that respect one another. They say it takes a village for an upgrowing of a child. And we at Skyway Elem. School have that . I'm so glad my kids are there....

great school, not just the academics, but the spanish, pys ed, and music as well. those teachers are exceptional. My son is starting to speak spanish this year, a 5th grader

Skyway Elementary is an excellent public school for kids. My daugter has been going to Skyway for the last 3 years and she's been on the honor roll throughout those years. The things that impressed me about skyway teachers are their dedication to their students learning. My daugter's teacher let me know if she's falling behind and I have to sign off on her homework daily. They have a really good curriculum which is very engaging. For example, my daughter is in a class that allows her to learn spanish and take advance reading. Skyway is an excellent school and I give in 5 stars *****

This my child's first time in school. He is in Pre-K. He was very scared to come to school but when he saw this lady with this big smile sitting at the front door of the school greeting all the children and parents he was not scared anymore. This lady is the principal, Ms. Harrison. I always thought principals just stayed in their office but I was wrong. When I talked with other parents and my son's teacher, Ms. Anderson they say this principal cares a lot about the children and she makes sure that the teachers teach the children. My son's first day of school was great and I think he is going to have a great year because of the principal, Ms. Harrison and his teacher Ms. Anderson.

My husband and I feel proud of Skyway for the incredible work they have done with our kids, we are a parents of 4-kids which 3 of them go to Skyway & the litter one will go on the future too. My older boy just graduated today from 5th grade. I truth recommend this school to any parents that may not be sure of which school may be good for their kids, Skyway is not only a school is also like a family, the teachers & the entire school team will always make you feel like home. For any question feel free to contact me. thanks , Mr. & Mrs. Duran

My child has been in this school since pre-k. The teachers have provided a quality education for my child and all of the students in the school that is why the students score so high on the FCAT and other tests. The principal shows how she loves the children by making sure they are always learning and they are safe. The principal directs traffic in the street so no one gets hurt. We do not have enough crossing guards to do this and we don't have a place for the parents to drop off the children. She is the best principal this school has ever had. My child loves the principal and her teachers.

Last modified Skyway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.