Miami Gardens, FL

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2011
My daughter scored a 5 in math & a 5 in reading in the 3rd grade FCAT .. They're doing something right here !! Or is it just our parenting skills ..

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
This school has a serious problem with communicating to parents. At one hand you receive countless automated calls of needless information and on the other, you can never speak to the principal or vice principle easily. The 'gifted' teacher misses school way too often. Not extracurricular activities. Children are bored there and are thus susceptiple to disciplinary problems.

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2010
Seeing the reviews below it seems this school is a 'hit or miss'. My nieces went to this school about 10 years ago and it was 'excellent' back then. My son started 2nd Grade this year at CDW and the last 5 months have been a nightmare. My son has dealt with a bully since the start of the school year and no brought it to my attention until he had a blow out. I am not happy with the tactics used, and there is a great lack of stimulating activities, after school activities, organization and communication. And last but not least, My son's class had a field trip, but only 25 kids were selected to go and 5 were to stay since it was a 'free trip'. The kids were told that 'the selection was done fairly'. 5 kids were left out from the field trip! Not a good motivational message for the kids! Sorry I definitely don't agree.

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted November 30, 2007
My daughter currently attends this school. They have language programs such as Italian. Her teacher Ms. Nicholeau is a great teacher. My daughter has been an honoroll student since she started in this school, her test scores are always above average, so they are teaching her well..No complaints.

Posted November 12, 2007
My daughter started 2nd grade this year at this school. She did not know how to read yet was passed from grade to greade for 'trying hard'. The teacher she got in this school, Mrs. Reyes, is awesome. My daughter can read now. She went from a D to a high C in reading in just one semester. This teacher is tough but she really cares. I have no complaints at all about this school.

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2007
I dislike the fact that this school does not have after school activities such as dance for the students etc. This should be fixed! my opinion as a parent. Thank you for listening.

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2006

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2004

Posted May 19, 2004
I currently have my son at Charles D Wyche and I have no complaints of it. His teacher for this school year has been the greatest. MS. McCarthy deserves to be awarded the teacher of the year!

Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School
5241 Northwest 195th Drive, Miami Gardens, FL  33055
Last modified Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles David Wyche, Jr Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top