PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (14 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (15 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (15 responses)

Poor supervision and security systems, decrepit facilities, aloof staff and an incompetent administration - all at a high price. This describes my experience at the MS Presbyterian Preschool. The lack of supervision and care for my child by staff was appalling. On multiple occasions, my son was able to run out of his classroom and almost out of the building unbeknownst to staff. Rather than holding his teachers accountable, the Preschool director sent my 2-year old home stating that he was a liability. On the chaotic playground, staff mills around completely disassociated from the children, and often preoccupied with their phones. This is a poorly run daycare, nothing more. There are better options in the area.

Grateful to this gem of a school for working with us with open arms to make a successful transition to a new school year for a kiddo with some transition challenges. My child's unprompted comments after his first day yesterday, "Mom, I don't like Miami Shores, I LOVE MIAMI SHORES!!!" in reference to his school Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School. Kudos to the whole team for making him feel at ease and comfortable.

We had high expectations for this school based on the positive reviews we had read. Having said that, our experience was terrible. My 2-year old son was in the preschool for 3 and a half months. There were no behavioral issues during the first 3 months. Following a serious incident reported by our son regarding one of his teachers, we sought guidance from the preschool director and she moved him to another 2’s class. Less than a month later our son was expelled from the school without any discussion from his teachers, preschool director, or the headmaster to collectively correct this newly found alleged behavior. We were extremely disappointed in their unprofessional actions and total disregard for our family.

MSPCS offers a safe environment and the small class sizes enable the teachers to know the students well enough to meet their needs on an individual basis. With the constant parent involvement the school is much like a second family.

My four-year-old daughter is in the PK3 class and has been attending MSPCS since she was two and a half. I am very happy with this school and the projects, songs, stories, etc. she comes home with. The teachers are very nurturing and my daughter loves them all. At first, I started her part time a few days of the week, but quickly enrolled her full time, including after care once I saw how much she enjoyed it. They have experienced some leadership and staff changes, but I have been happy with everything. I spoke with the headmaster and liked the direction he was going with the school. They recently added several new teachers to teach art, music, Spanish, and PE. I especially enjoy hearing my daughter tell me different words in Spanish. The children who attend the school are also very diverse, which is important to us. I have a baby who attends another school only because MSPCS doesn't take children until they are 18 months old, but I will be moving her to the school once she is of age.

Administration and teachers are dedicated to helping your child develop (mentally, physically, and emotionally). Very good at keeping the parents involved. Good mix of cultural and ethnics. Nice facility I would recommend this school.

Our fifth grade daughter was taught by teacher Christi Lanier. Mrs. Lanier is enthusiastic as a teacher and inspired our daughter to work harder. I am very impressed with her. She is an incredible and effective teacher. She undoubtedly made the fifth graders smarter students and better citizens. I am very happy with her and MSPCS. Daniel and Susan Garcia

Very Satisfied with our Kindergarten experience! Kudos to Ms.Blanco and Ms. Scarmazzi, great Teachers, very loving, patient and knowledgeable. We are thankful with the Parents Association and Parents overall involvement as well.

MSPCS is home. The nurturing environment, professionalism, happiness and the activities they provide give me a sense of security and comfort. It is so homey.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have a graduate daughter from this school and a younger sibling still here. I love the teachers here. I am so honor to know many of them. I feel they have been an extended family to my girls. I am grateful that someone gave me the information to this school.

Last modified Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5